Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

I thought maybe their network would do it. I’d rather pay the fee than get caught in the snow storms.
    Ok

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I may be mistaken, but I think playoff games are always free, but yes, it should broadcast over the MIAA Network. No guarantees, but I also don't believe that there will be a regional sports network swooping in to pick up the championship game and charging a fee for it (like last year). The last part would be a moot point if I'm wrong about the first part... lol.
      Every NCAA game streams for free, unless someone buys the exclusive rights like Midco did for the Central Region title game last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

MIAA network

It isn't listed yet but I'm quite positive they have always aired it. Unless you would be interested in a road trip?
        On NW's schedule on bearcatsports.com when you scroll down to the first round game and click watch it takes you to the MIAA Network...take that for what it's worth ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

On NW's schedule on bearcatsports.com when you scroll down to the first round game and click watch it takes you to the MIAA Network...take that for what it's worth ;)
          When I wrote that comment I had checked the app and there wasn't anything listed yet, but thanks. Still up in the air about going but likely be just me now.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

When I wrote that comment I had checked the app and there wasn't anything listed yet, but thanks. Still up in the air about going but likely be just me now.
            I didn't see the game listed when I looked yesterday, but the "Watch" link took me to it...

Comment

• What can Wolves fans expect from Emporia State? I don't know much about them, but in looking at stats and the roster they appear to be pretty big at least to start with 6'7", 6'7" and 6'10". Long appears to really like to shoot from deep and Comithier could be a difficult matchup. But I can't say I know anything about how they play.

On the flip side there is one key for Northern. Make shots and they will win, if they don't they will be done by Saturday evening. The Wolves have really struggled in their last 3 games. 50% of NSU's shots come from deep. I could see some difficulty for Emporia's big guy finding someone to guard if he is a true post player. It could create some interesting matchups on both ends. Hopefully Belka can stay out of foul trouble as Saul (and the NSU fans) don't have a ton of faith in the bench. Longstreet will have to play some big minutes especially defensively if the Wolves are going to be in Maryville very long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                What can Wolves fans expect from Emporia State? I don't know much about them, but in looking at stats and the roster they appear to be pretty big at least to start with 6'7", 6'7" and 6'10". Long appears to really like to shoot from deep and Comithier could be a difficult matchup. But I can't say I know anything about how they play.

On the flip side there is one key for Northern. Make shots and they will win, if they don't they will be done by Saturday evening. The Wolves have really struggled in their last 3 games. 50% of NSU's shots come from deep. I could see some difficulty for Emporia's big guy finding someone to guard if he is a true post player. It could create some interesting matchups on both ends. Hopefully Belka can stay out of foul trouble as Saul (and the NSU fans) don't have a ton of faith in the bench. Longstreet will have to play some big minutes especially defensively if the Wolves are going to be in Maryville very long.
                Nsu is a matchup problem for opposing teams if their bigs are knocking down threes. A long way from the old Paul Sather teams where the bigs sat on the low block and pounded the rim. I think nsu is much better if Longstreet stays on the bench. He is not very helpful on offense for the wolves.

Comment

• Also, curious if anybody has anything of note to say about Southern Nazarene? What’s the keys to their team?

Msum strength is that they have a fairly balance offensive attack with a strong veteran backcourt. Dane Zimmer is a solid inside player that played terrific in the conference tournament. If he continues that type of play I think Msum can play with anyone. Dragons do have a few guys banged up. Hopefully, they will be back for the regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I expected SNU to be 7 and Pitt 8, if for no other reason than to avoid an MIAA matchup in round 1. It is even tougher for MoWest. Advanced to the Elite 8 last year, went 25-7 this year, and don't even make the regional. This Central Region is just brutal for the women!
                    +1 mowest women finished higher than Pitt in the league, had a better SOS, beat unk once and ucm (1 and 2 in the miaa) split with Pitt. Pitt was 0-3 against unk and ucm. Nothing against Pitt they are certainly deserving too but that’s a tough beat.

I also like them avoiding an in conference game if possible.

Comment

• I looked up the stats on all 64 teams in the tournament. This is the Twitter thread of the rankings. https://twitter.com/devinalbertson/s...w-iHJZno2zRIRg

Comment

• I have the MIAA monthly package and the Central Region games are listed under coming events….www.themiaanetwork.com

Comment

• For the adventurous eaters there’s a nut fry 6-8 pm 03/11 at the Sheridan Community Hall about 30 minutes NE of Maryville

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                            Also, curious if anybody has anything of note to say about Southern Nazarene? What’s the keys to their team?

Msum strength is that they have a fairly balance offensive attack with a strong veteran backcourt. Dane Zimmer is a solid inside player that played terrific in the conference tournament. If he continues that type of play I think Msum can play with anyone. Dragons do have a few guys banged up. Hopefully, they will be back for the regional.
                            SNU is great defensively. Really well-connected on that end. Nick Davis has become a terrific rim protector this year. Offensively, very methodical in their approach. Won't push the tempo much at all. Davis is great inside, but the main on-ball threats are Tyler McGhie and Javon Jackson. Great 3-point shooters and Jackson is a freshman who can get a shot anywhere on the floor. Veteran supporting cast. Can go 10 deep when fully healthy.

Comment

• What an amazing comeback by the Lady Lions today to beat Augustana 75-74 after trailing by 12 early in the 4th quarter. Lacy Stokes was unbelievable and Amaya Johns and Layne Skiles were not ready for their career to end yet. What a game! Now onto our fourth matchup against either UNK or Pitt State, where we hope to even up the season series. Go Lions!!!

Comment

• I'm only partially watching, but the officials seem to be letting an awful lot go so far.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X