Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned John Sutherland from Bemidji in the North. Understand the love for Baumgartner and especially Masten.

But Sutherland's numbers are pretty impressive:
    • 19.1 ppg
    • 9.0 rpg
    • 2.1 apg
    • 60.9 FG%
    • 64.3 FT%
    • 31.4 min
    Pretty salty numbers. I'd still go with Masten. Just thought Sutherland's accomplishments shouldn't be overlooked.
    I was trying to remember him from when Northern played them earlier this year...turns out he was one of the guys they had out that game (injured I presume). I haven't paid that close of attention to Bemidji and was confused as to how they were winning so many games when they looked awful at NSU earlier this year. Missing your best player will do that. They will be a vastly different team when Northern makes the trip to Bemidji in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Let’s pretend Msum ends up winning last 8 games and wins the north and overall nsic. There is an argument that Msum’s best player (which may be Baumgartner or Beeninga) should win the player of year in the north. Similar reason nobody talking about Kimmons from csp winning POY in south because team isn’t winning.
      We all remember how popular it was when they gave Aaron Lien the NSIC POY in 2016-17 for this exact reason. Fill it up again!

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

We all remember how popular it was when they gave Aaron Lien the NSIC POY in 2016-17 for this exact reason. Fill it up again!
        Popular?? He certainly had a terrific year. So did the Msum team that year. To make it more popular I say we just change the award so only nsu or Augie players are eligible. That would certainly make sure the most popular choice wins.

Comment

Popular?? He certainly had a terrific year. So did the Msum team that year. To make it more popular I say we just change the award so only nsu or Augie players are eligible. That would certainly make sure the most popular choice wins.
          Oh good grief, here we go...lol

Comment

He's not saying it's a popularity contest. He's saying the move to go with the best player on the best team isn't always the right choice. There should be a component of individual success to the award as well. That's why Ross DeMasi didn't win it in 2008-09. Kevin Ratzsch did even though Northern was the No. 8 seed in the conference tournament.

Comment

lol

Comment

Who can forget when super terrific NSIC Regular Season Champion Moorhead lost to Concordia who went 2-20 in NSIC play in the 1st round of the conference tourney.

This year my POY vote would be Jordan Janssen. In NSIC games hes #3 in scoring, #4 in rebounding, #3 in FG%, and #6 in blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

He's not saying it's a popularity contest. He's saying the move to go with the best player on the best team isn't always the right choice. There should be a component of individual success to the award as well. That's why Ross DeMasi didn't win it in 2008-09. Kevin Ratzsch did even though Northern was the No. 8 seed in the conference tournament.
                  An old Kev was like 1-12 shooting versus SMSU in one of the worst offensive performances in NSU mens basketball history, mostly due to that Mustang defense was one of the best in the country, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Or when msum kicked the crap out of your highly ranked augie squad on their home floor in nsic tournament semis last year. Always fun to reminisce…

Comment

First of all, you show disgust for NSU posters by going lower case letters in your post. There were better choices than Lien that season for POY. AUGIE guard Jordan Spencer, UMC Harrison Cleary and SCSU Gage Davis.
                      Last edited by vikingfaithful; 01-23-2023, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I agree there has to be component of individual success. Check the stats of Aaron Lien in 2015-2016. He was terrific. Most years there are 5-10 guys with terrific individual stats. 6 or 8 guys have been listed above for this season. You can make a compelling case for all of them. Sam Masten is very deserving, along with 6-8 other guys…just like every other year.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

First of all, you show disgust for NSU posters by going lower case letters in your post. There were better choices than Lien that season for POY. AUGIE guard Jordan Spencer was one of them, plus more that I forget.
                          Capitals on nsu vs NSU?? hahaha… Maybe it’s simply my state school education isn’t as stellar as the private school education like augie…I mean Augustana.

That’s your opinion on 2015-2016. Obviously, the people that made the decision felt that Aaron Lien was more deserving. His individual stats from that season were certainly impressive. Augie had a couple guys that were very worthy that year and neither were named Jordan Spencer.
                          Last edited by Moorhead123; 01-23-2023, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Or when msum kicked the crap out of your highly ranked augie squad on their home floor in nsic tournament semis last year. Always fun to reminisce…
                            You're quoting and responding to yourself, might be time for a timeout.

Comment

26630f0c2231d57651ed295b7b9314c6.jpg

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

You're quoting and responding to yourself, might be time for a timeout.
                                Thanks ;)

Hopefully my point was still made.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X