Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    Da Campo never played more than a couple minutes a game and those games were few. JC didn’t equate to D2 in this case.
    I can't believe there was a guy in the NSIC named Leonardo Da Campo and I didn't realize it until now. I've failed myself.

Comment

Ryan Sweeney - Minnesota State
      Isaiah Davis - Minnesota State
      Drew Lewis - Minnesota State

Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 03-16-2023, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        Don't think I've heard of any of them

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Don't think I've heard of any of them
          Neither have I, just home with a sick kid and figured I'd contribute to "the list"

That Sweeney had quite a HS career in Green Bay.

Comment

Truman's Caleb Schlaak is in the portal....had a number of NSIC offers last time around (but none from Winona, I believe)

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
              Karter Lein - Wayne State

Comment

Ahmad Jahad - Sioux Falls
                Trent Lippoldt - Sioux Falls
                Jalen Griffin - St. Cloud

Comment

Davis was the only one that saw any court time for the Mavericks this year, the other two were redshirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

I can't believe there was a guy in the NSIC named Leonardo Da Campo and I didn't realize it until now. I've failed myself.
                    He was the Prince of the World, but not quite the King.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Especially not the king of wishful thinking

Comment

Perhaps in a previous life he was a guacho on the campo (pampas) in Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Perhaps in a previous life he was a guacho on the campo (pampas) in Argentina.
                          Are you old enough to have watched this professional wrestler who claimed to be the son of Wild Bull of the Pampas?

Pampero Firpo - Wikipedia

Comment

Are you old enough to have watched this professional wrestler who claimed to be the son of Wild Bull of the Pampas?

Pampero Firpo - Wikipedia
                            Certainly. It's true. :-) Pampero was one of my favorite old time wrestlers, although I remember him simulating gouging out his opponents eyes on a regular basis. Tough character and great personality.

Tough day for the Bulldogs as our NSIC representative.

Comment

Overall the portal is not good for the NSIC. Gone will be glue guys who redshirt, then sit as a RS freshman, they start to play some as sophormores. and then a lot play as Juniors and seniors.

SMSU guys like Scott Roehl and Nick Dale were exactly part of this formula.

Not to mention Andy Bielke who was Regional MVP when the Mustangs went to the Elite 8 in 2009

Now many of those kids will leave for D3 or NAIA -- for full disclosure it has been common to see 1-2 kids on the end of the SMSU roster go down to D3 every year (some who would have been really good D2 kids - some who probably would have never played a lot - but nonetheless had a role).

Even worse on the other end now you have kids like Ryan Bruggeman who almost certainly would have not played 5 years as a Mustang under current rules. Along the lines of Parker Fox. etc. Losing those stars isn't good for D2 which is already lost a lot of fans post Covid and is struggling financially.

The Wild West might get some rules to help fix this but short term it ain't positive.

Comment

Joyce Lowman from Bemidji joins the portal. 14mpg and 4ppg this season.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommitsD2/...OGVqAB5gQ&s=19

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X