Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragons get commitment from SDSU transfer Broden Lien. Lien (cousin of former msum player Aaron Lien) is a 6’8 forward with three years of eligibility remaining. Msum recruited Broden heavily out of high school and will hopefully give the dragons a nice front court next season with Zimmer coming back for his senior season. Lien and Jenkins also provide the dragons with the potential for a strong front court in the future.
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 05-09-2023, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Dragons get commit from Colorado State transfer 7’1” center Jacob Jennissen. Another front court player that was fairly highly recruited out of high school. He has had some injury trouble the past few years and has 3 years of eligibility remaining. On paper it’s been a good week for the dragons’ friont court, which is shaping up to possibly be one of better msum front courts in years. If dragons pick up another guard or two (which they have a number of offers out at the moment) they should be strong again next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
        Dragons get commit from Colorado State transfer 7’1” center Jacob Jennissen. Another front court player that was fairly highly recruited out of high school. He has had some injury trouble the past few years and has 3 years of eligibility remaining. On paper it’s been a good week for the dragons’ friont court, which is shaping up to possibly be one of better msum front courts in years. If dragons pick up another guard or two (which they have a number of offers out at the moment) they should be strong again next year.
        He played 6 games and 7 minutes TOTAL in three years at CSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Oof.

I just looked it up, because I was curious how similar the situations were. Former Mankato big man Travis Nelson was a rotation player both years at Wyoming (a CSU conference rival) and started 16 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Yes, but my understanding is that injuries were a significant issue. I believe he had 2 acl injuries. I think if he is healthy he will help the dragons this next season. We will see.

Comment

Yes, but my understanding is that injuries were a significant issue. I believe he had 2 acl injuries. I think if he is healthy he will help the dragons this next season. We will see.
              Yeah until that third ACL blows out…..

Comment

• Originally posted by NSUguy View Post

Yeah until that third ACL blows out…..
                I sure hope not for his sake. I’m sure he’s worked hard trying to rehab from the 2 prior injuries (just ask Parker Fox whom is apparently going to give it another try with the Gophers), but you’re right…there is always the possibility of injury. It’s rumored he is back on the court this offseason without any injury restrictions/limitations. If that is true, and he can remain healthy in the future, I believe he will help the dragons. Don’t see how dragons taking a bit of a gamble on his injury is a bad idea. We all know how hard it is to find big guys in d2 basketball.

Comment

I sure hope not for his sake. I’m sure he’s worked hard trying to rehab from the 2 prior injuries (just ask Parker Fox whom is apparently going to give it another try with the Gophers), but you’re right…there is always the possibility of injury. It’s rumored he is back on the court this offseason without any injury restrictions/limitations. If that is true, and he can remain healthy in the future, I believe he will help the dragons. Don’t see how dragons taking a bit of a gamble on his injury is a bad idea. We all know how hard it is to find big guys in d2 basketball.
                  Jennissen is a gamble for sure, but 7'1" guys are rare and is worth taking a chance on. The Broden Lien transfer is a great get.

I wonder if Parker Fox has eaten any humble pie since his heady days at Northern.

Comment

• Moorhead gets commitment from D2 transfer 6’4” guard Ja’Kair Sanchez. Sanchez was third team all-ECC last season and has two years of eligibility remaining. Won’t be surprised if Dragons add another transfer guard to the 2023 team.

Comment

Moorhead gets commitment from D2 transfer 6’4” guard Ja’Kair Sanchez. Sanchez was third team all-ECC last season and has two years of eligibility remaining. Won’t be surprised if Dragons add another transfer guard to the 2023 team.
                      Where did he transfer from?

Comment

• Roberts Wesleyan in Rochester NY

Comment

• Dragons get commitment from 6’3” combo guard Jamir Price. Price has two more years of eligibility remaining and transfers from Cleveland State. Third D1 transfer commitment for msum this offseason. If these transfer guards can play look for dragons to be a tough out next year. Hopefully it won’t take too much time to mesh all the new pieces. My guess is that will round out the dragons roster for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Jennissen is a gamble for sure, but 7'1" guys are rare and is worth taking a chance on. The Broden Lien transfer is a great get.

I wonder if Parker Fox has eaten any humble pie since his heady days at Northern.
                            I heard that augie was also interested in Jannissen. My guess is Fox probably not quite as cocky as he was in the past.

Comment

I heard that augie was also interested in Jannissen. My guess is Fox probably not quite as cocky as he was in the past.
                              Verbal commits shows MSUM as only school to offer Jacob Jennissen after portal. After HS he had many offer.
                              Verbal Commits | Jacob Jennissen Stats, Offers, News, Highlights and

On Jennissen twitter acct. quite a few NSIC coaches were followers, but not offering. Regardless... I wish Jacob Jennissen well and hope injuries stay away from the big guy.
                              Last edited by vikingfaithful; 06-17-2023, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Verbal commits shows MSUM as only school to offer Jacob Jennissen after portal. After HS he had many offer.
                                Verbal Commits | Jacob Jennissen Stats, Offers, News, Highlights and

On Jennissen twitter acct. quite a few NSIC coaches were followers, but not offering. Regardless... I wish Jacob Jennissen well and hope injuries stay away from the big guy.
                                Yes, all true. Rumor is that augie decided to go with another big that ultimately accepted and then decided to go D1. Not saying augie offered or would have offered Jennissen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X