Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way-Too-Early Predictions for 2023-2024 NSIC Season

Many changes for all teams in the coming months, but might as well give it a “way-too-early” shot. I will make assumptions most teams will return the guys that have not yet entered the portal, which I know is certainly not going to happen. Only 15 nsic teams will also make the upcoming season unique.

1. UMD - really don’t lose anything (although I could see Blair and maybe brown thinking about trying to scratch that d1 itch). If they all stay, then UMD will likely be preseason favorite. Much like this year, Duluth has much talent but are missing something as they got handled too many times this past season. They probably need a transfer in the post and/or transfer pg. Brown also needs to return to form as he was too inconsistent. Not sure the UMD one-on-one style offensive ball can beat the top teams in conference or country.

2. Bemidgi - this may be a little high, but expectations will be high. Sutherland will get much love (deservingly so) in the preseason. Can they replace Kone? Can they handle such high expectations?

3. Augustana - the learning year under the belt should make Augustana ready for next season. They could still use a big guy or two to step forward, which I believe will happen. This high ranking may still be one year premature, but Augustana will definitely be better next year.

4. Northern - losing masten and Belka is a lot to replace. These two were the heart and soul of the team. Moni coming back is the key. If that is true, then Saul will likely find a way to stay near top. If Moni leaves then the rebuild is on. Moni likely negotiating six figure NIL deal as we speak. ;)

5. Smsu - still needs to add a guy or two, but they return a very strong core for next season. This may be too low, but smsu needs to prove it…is this the year?

6. Msum - dragons lose some tremendous seniors. Can coaches find guys to replace them? Msum does have Zimmer and Beeninga to work around, which are two very good returning pieces at very important positions. There are 4-5 guys that have been patiently waiting on the bench for two+ years. Time to seize the day…

7. Mankato - always looks good on paper, but seems like recent teams have chemistry issues or something. I’m sure magenthaler is getting frustrated. Willinghams are talented, but sometimes appear too concerned with flashy play, in my opinion.

8. Minot - probably too low here. I think Minot has a chance to be pretty good next year. Only lose dunfee.

9. Wayne st. - may be too high with losing many players to graduation and transfer portal. Kaminsky will have to rebuild a bit

10. UMary - return most of team from last season. Should be competitive again, but still missing top end talent to move too far up rankings.

11. USF - no Matt Cartwright means offense will likely struggle. They always do defend and rebound…

12. Winona - probably too low but another team that appears stuck on the train to nowhere. They got to prove it.

13. CSP - definitely a team trending higher but need to see it to believe it.

14. Scsu - many more questions then answers at the moment. I’m sure this is too low as new coach will likely bring in some more talent in year 2, but I’m working off the current roster.

15. Crookston - more of same until something changes. Maybe they can hire Harrison Cleary as coach?

it is way too early !

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
      it is way too early !
      You’re right it should be the way way too early predictions

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

You’re right it should be the way way too early predictions
        Exactly.

1. SMSU

rest to come

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Exactly.

1. SMSU

rest to come
          13. WSU. Predicting we finish ahead of Concordia and Crookston but recognizing 14 is not out of reach.

Comment

A bigger question is, what are they going to do about scheduling and division breakdowns?

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
              A bigger question is, what are they going to do about scheduling and division breakdowns?
              I suppose every team could just get a weekend with one game. Conference season is one game less for everybody. Maybe Winona just doesn’t have a travel partner and every team only has one game on weekends when they play Winona. That would work wouldn’t it.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I suppose every team could just get a weekend with one game. Conference season is one game less for everybody. Maybe Winona just doesn’t have a travel partner and every team only has one game on weekends when they play Winona. That would work wouldn’t it.
                Why Winona...WhynotMinot?

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Why Winona...WhynotMinot?
                  Because Upper Iowa was Winona’s travel partner. If you exchange one to Winona, say Mankato, then someone else just fills the void, in that case Concordia. Just makes the most sense.

Comment

Because Upper Iowa was Winona’s travel partner. If you exchange one to Winona, say Mankato, then someone else just fills the void, in that case Concordia. Just makes the most sense.
                    I just wanted to type whynotminot.

Comment

Just send Concordia off with UIU and everything is perfect.

Comment

I was a little down on the Mustangs next year after the Majouk departure, but adding Luedtke is a nice way to plug a hole on the perimeter and in the starting lineup.

Comment

13. WSU. Predicting we finish ahead of Concordia and Crookston but recognizing 14 is not out of reach.
                          It's sad, but true. This team could be really, really bad without some meaningful additions. Add to that an opening on the coaching staff during recruiting season.

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post

It's sad, but true. This team could be really, really bad without some meaningful additions. Add to that an opening on the coaching staff during recruiting season.
                            Sure haven’t seen anything with recruiting that inspires me. This regime is an epic tale having done a great job of turning lemonade into lemons.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                              1. UMD - really don’t lose anything (although I could see Blair and maybe brown thinking about trying to scratch that d1 itch). If they all stay, then UMD will likely be preseason favorite.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X