Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA - pretty shady????

2024 D1 Final Four Tickets on sale now from the NCAA. Site is Phoenix.

Apply (and pay) now for a chance to get tickets. $250. If you aren’t selected to receive tickets, you get your $250 back less a $25 handling fee.

How can this even be legal?

If it is, the NCAA could take 100,000 applications and not award one single ticket, not only holding your money for nearly a year but pocketing a cool $2.5 million in “handling fees”, of which this whole thing is surely automated (so no work on their part).

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    2024 D1 Final Four Tickets on sale now from the NCAA. Site is Phoenix.

Apply (and pay) now for a chance to get tickets. $250. If you aren’t selected to receive tickets, you get your $250 back less a $25 handling fee.

How can this even be legal?

If it is, the NCAA could take 100,000 applications and not award one single ticket, not only holding your money for nearly a year but pocketing a cool $2.5 million in “handling fees”, of which this whole thing is surely automated (so no work on their part).
    I’m pretty sure this is the same “lottery” they have done for years. I know people who used to do it every year and actually got them some years.

Comment

I’m pretty confident in Missouri you aren’t allowed to run a lottery unless you are the government or a legit non-profit.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post

I’m pretty sure this is the same “lottery” they have done for years. I know people who used to do it every year and actually got them some years.
        I had sent in an application for this several years ago. Back then, you didn't have to send in a deposit, and there was no handling fee.

Comment

Perhaps the down payment and $25 fee is to keep scalpers away.

Comment

Let's be real here folks. It is a money grab by the NCAA. Even if it's automated they have to pay someone to set it up an oversee the process. If it's internal, then they are basically charging an overhead fee to all. What this is telling me is that $25 for every ticket is to cover overhead for the NCAA. ]What all that covers is a mystery.

Totally agree it's a money grab. What I would really like to know is what percentage of tickets actually go to the general public versus corporate donors, participating teams and other folks. My guess is that the general public gets south of 40% of total tickets. If I was to have tickets and the right teams make it to the final four, I would sell my tickets without hesitation as someone will pay me a premium for the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
              Let's be real here folks. It is a money grab by the NCAA. Even if it's automated they have to pay someone to set it up an oversee the process. If it's internal, then they are basically charging an overhead fee to all. What this is telling me is that $25 for every ticket is to cover overhead for the NCAA. ]What all that covers is a mystery.

Totally agree it's a money grab. What I would really like to know is what percentage of tickets actually go to the general public versus corporate donors, participating teams and other folks. My guess is that the general public gets south of 40% of total tickets. If I was to have tickets and the right teams make it to the final four, I would sell my tickets without hesitation as someone will pay me a premium for the ticket.
              I bought tickets on the street when it was in Minneapolis. Would have been much better off being home watching on TV given the location of the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I bought tickets on the street when it was in Minneapolis. Would have been much better off being home watching on TV given the location of the seats.
                I went to the open practices and sat in the top part of the 100/lower level and those felt really far away. Couldn't imagine the view from way up top.

Seems like a fun event you can afford good seats.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X