Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNK WBB coaches to Idaho

Big loss for UNK athletics, but hard to turn down the allure of D1. Best wishes to Carrie and Devin in the future!

Carrie Eighmey Steps Down as Head Coach of UNK Women's Basketball - https://lopers.com/news/2023/4/28/ca...asketball.aspx

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    Big loss for UNK athletics, but hard to turn down the allure of D1. Best wishes to Carrie and Devin in the future!

Carrie Eighmey Steps Down as Head Coach of UNK Women's Basketball - https://lopers.com/news/2023/4/28/ca...asketball.aspx
    With all the coaching turnover, the league is going to look a lot different next year.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Wow that’s a nice jump for her to make. Hope she does well.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

With all the coaching turnover, the league is going to look a lot different next year.
        And player turnover. UNK was already losing several of their best players to graduation. The MIAA favorite next year should definitely be UCM.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

And player turnover. UNK was already losing several of their best players to graduation. The MIAA favorite next year should definitely be UCM.
          True. I thought UNK would be down a little from the past couple years from graduation, now it might be a little bit further down.

MoSo may be another one that drops off some...you all lost quite a bit.

I also wonder if Hays might fall off a little more kinda like Washburn did last season with their coaching changeover.

UCM seemed to lack quality depth, will that be any better...they lose Hackerott who was a nice player...picked up a Drury transfer that I don't know anything about. Did they lose anyone to graduation (I haven't looked)

Western will be interesting...don't have a true 5 which in the MIAA can create issues. They've added a couple Juco transfers that I haven't seen play yet.

Pitt has a pretty decent young core...it'll be interesting if losing Gegg will let the other girls really play their game.

Does anyone else make a move upwards to challenge for the top of the conference.

I'm very anxious for the season since I didn't get to watch my daughter play last season...

Comment

True. I thought UNK would be down a little from the past couple years from graduation, now it might be a little bit further down.

MoSo may be another one that drops off some...you all lost quite a bit.

I also wonder if Hays might fall off a little more kinda like Washburn did last season with their coaching changeover.

UCM seemed to lack quality depth, will that be any better...they lose Hackerott who was a nice player...picked up a Drury transfer that I don't know anything about. Did they lose anyone to graduation (I haven't looked)

Western will be interesting...don't have a true 5 which in the MIAA can create issues. They've added a couple Juco transfers that I haven't seen play yet.

Pitt has a pretty decent young core...it'll be interesting if losing Gegg will let the other girls really play their game.

Does anyone else make a move upwards to challenge for the top of the conference.

I'm very anxious for the season since I didn't get to watch my daughter play last season...
            I agree with your assessment. I see UCM as the favorite, followed by Western and Pitt. After those 3, I think it's wide open.

We are definitely losing a lot at MOSO turning over nearly 50% of our team, and especially losing Lacy. So far, he has signed a D1 teansfer from Oral Roberts and two JUCO transfers. Still have a lot of holes to fill. So it will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I agree with your assessment. I see UCM as the favorite, followed by Western and Pitt. After those 3, I think it's wide open.

We are definitely losing a lot at MOSO turning over nearly 50% of our team, and especially losing Lacy. So far, he has signed a D1 teansfer from Oral Roberts and two JUCO transfers. Still have a lot of holes to fill. So it will be interesting.
              Has he added any size to help fill the Madi Stokes void?

Comment

Eighmey is the third D2 coach that I know of that jumped up to a D1 coaching job. I'll update if more come up/i missed one

Amy Eagan (Drury)-->Lindenwood
                Kim Stephens (Glenville State)-->Marshall
                Carrie Eighmey (Nebraska-Kearney)-->Idaho

Comment

Has he added any size to help fill the Madi Stokes void?
                  No one with Madi's size. One of the JUCO transfers I mentioned is a 5'11 forward from Coffeyville. She will likely try to fill Layne Skiles role. I saw on Twitter today that they just signed a 6'0 forward out of Murray State CC in Oklahoma. But no one in the 6'3+ range yet. We do have a 6'3 freshman that redshirted last year, so it will be interesting to see how she progresses.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X