Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Says All NCAA BB Events to be played without crowds

Here's what the article in yahoo says https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-tourna...st_sjwumo1bpf4

It says ALL NCAA events...anybody hearing anything from the D2 Regional Sites?

WTF!

Comment

Comment

Big Ten is limiting attendance for tomorrow.

https://bigten.org/news/2020/3/11/me...statement.aspx

Just found out that will include spring sports!

Comment

Gophers/Penn State MHKY to be played without fans. We aren't sure if that's because of the virus or because it's the Gophers.

In all seriousness, the trib just posted an article - the gym in Collegeville will be empty for the SJU/UST game.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            Gophers/Penn State MHKY to be played without fans. We aren't sure if that's because of the virus or because it's the Gophers.

In all seriousness, the trib just posted an article - the gym in Collegeville will be empty for the SJU/UST game.
            Yes- it was announced as a sellout this morning. Now- wake up the echos.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Yes- it was announced as a sellout this morning. Now- wake up the echos.
              I wonder if the MSHSL is going to follow suit. If the U is trying to prevent large gatherings on campus, that would qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I wonder if the MSHSL is going to follow suit. If the U is trying to prevent large gatherings on campus, that would qualify.
                Great question. They might squeeze the girls tourney through- but what about the boys next week. Might happen.

Comment

NW suspended ticket sales late this afternoon. No official word. A local reporter called the NCAA offices in Indy, only got VM's...I mean why stick around the office to answer questions, it's just D2

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Great question. They might squeeze the girls tourney through- but what about the boys next week. Might happen.
                    All channels from them are quiet. I was hoping to watch both Hopkins and MA play if they made the title games, so hopefully they keep it going.

Connecticut cancelled their boys hockey tournament, so it is possible.

Comment

NW announced only staff and players's families. See the NW website. https://bearcatsports.com/news/2020/...px?path=mbball
                      Last edited by NW Normal; 03-12-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Glad for players that games go on and glad immediate family can attend but sucks for the rest of us. Will NCAA reimburse host schools for their lost revenue?

Comment

< 40 US deaths(many from 1 rest home in WA) brought this on. Overreaction?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            < 40 US deaths(many from 1 rest home in WA) brought this on. Overreaction?
                            No it's not. Please look at the growth rate of those who contracted the virus in other countries, namely Italy. That is what is trying to be prevented. This kind of thinking is what has already made it worse than it needed to be in the U.S. and will make it worse without action.

Comment

I just read an article that says more people are suffering from the flu than the C virus. Now the NCAA will have no teams to bid steal a spot. Plus now talking on KC radio says St. Pats and snake Sat parades are cancelled. Also movie theaters may be next what about grocery stores.Churches, work places schools. So why play the games. The NBA has suspended its season. I think its at least 50percent overreacting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X