Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Arenas in DII College Basketball

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...according-fans

Happy to see Arkansas Tech on the list. There are a couple others, like Point Loma Nazarene, that maybe should have at least been included with the best of the rest.

Glad to see the Taylor Center in Mankato on here. It does need some updating- a new video board for one. Also it could use a few thousand fans.

Comment

It's a pretty comprehensive list, IMO - though I wouldn't have included the Sanford Pentagon as it's not Augustana's arena, it's just where they play. Though it is a gorgeous facility.

It might be a bit rough around the edges yet, but I would have also included the Minot Dome.

I might have also included Harding as well.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Glad to see the Taylor Center in Mankato on here. It does need some updating- a new video board for one. Also it could use a few thousand fans.
        IMO, the ceiling is too low for a proper video board as it's currently configured - the scoreboard that's in there is a little tough to see all of from certain angles as it is.

I think a center hung might work though, or do something creative and hang four panels on each corner. That would look cool.

Comment

I'm for the four panels- or at least two like in the Pentagon.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            I'm for the four panels- or at least two like in the Pentagon.
            I think the Target Center has something like that? They have a center-hung, but four panels on each corner as well, I believe. Or maybe I'm thinking of some random soccer stadium in Europe. Either way, it is a nice configuration, IMO.

One thing I like about the Taylor Center is how the concessions are actually in the arena, so you don't really have to miss much to get a hot dog. It might be the only one like that I've ever been too.

Comment

Virginia State University Multi Purpose Center
              https://www.mbpce.com/project/virgin...urpose-center/

Comment

Here's the David J. Prior Convocation Center, the arena for UVA-Wise: https://twitter.com/BlakeMellinger/s...11764044177409

Comment

Originally posted by LULions View Post
                  Virginia State University Multi Purpose Center
                  https://www.mbpce.com/project/virgin...urpose-center/
                  You telling me that the VSU MPC didn't make even the best of the rest list? Something is very wrong. I think I know the reason why.

The best area I have been to is IUP's area. Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex, Indiana (PA)

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post

You telling me that the VSU MPC didn't make even the best of the rest list? Something is very wrong. I think I know the reason why.

The best area I have been to is IUP's area. Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex, Indiana (PA)

You knon why.

Comment

West Texas A&M University First United Bank Event Center, seat approx. 5,000 not a bad seat in the house, great sound system, large video board, large parking, easy to get in and out. Home of the WT Buffs and Lady Buffs basketball. Play in the Lone Star Conference, same conference of two-time National Champions Lubbock Christian University. This past Monday the WT Lady Buffs dfeated LCU 59-54 in front of over 2200 fans, for the NCAA South Central Basketball Championship, they now advance to the Elite 8 to play against Glinville st. This is the Lady Buffs 27th appearance in the NCAA post season championship.

Comment

Originally posted by exbuff72 View Post
                        West Texas A&M University First United Bank Event Center, seat approx. 5,000 not a bad seat in the house, great sound system, large video board, large parking, easy to get in and out. Home of the WT Buffs and Lady Buffs basketball. Play in the Lone Star Conference, same conference of two-time National Champions Lubbock Christian University. This past Monday the WT Lady Buffs dfeated LCU 59-54 in front of over 2200 fans, for the NCAA South Central Basketball Championship, they now advance to the Elite 8 to play against Glinville st. This is the Lady Buffs 27th appearance in the NCAA post season championship.
                        Nice!

Comment

Thanks for posting the photo, I am too old for some of this tech stuff

Comment

Nothing like the Complex to our Blazer fans!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X