Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln University Football

The Oaklanders of Lincoln University in Oakland, California begin their brand new football program this Fall and here's their schedule. They'll be playing a mix of NAIA, D3 and D2 teams. I don't know where they'll be playing their home games seeing how the campus doesn't have any athletic facilities. I'm guessing they'll be at a local area JUCO or High School. Glad to see a brand new team starting in California after losing Humboldt State and Azusa Pacific in recent years. I have a feeling they'll sign on with the GNAC before too long. I hope so, that conference sure could use another team.

??????
    ??????
    Last edited by crixus; 08-19-2021, 11:00 PM.

I think they might be all road games. But hard to tell since they have no athletics website, no roster, nothing.I wonder what their roster looks like. Tons and tons of Jucos and bounce backs I imagine

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
      I think they might be all road games. But hard to tell since they have no athletics website, no roster, nothing.I wonder what their roster looks like. Tons and tons of Jucos and bounce backs I imagine
      My guess is they forgot to put home or away seeing how it's the first time they've made a schedule. Working the bugs out. I think you're right about their roster. Probably several walks on too.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

My guess is they forgot to put home or away seeing how it's the first time they've made a schedule. Working the bugs out. I think you're right about their roster. Probably several walks on too.
        All of their games are on the road. As far as I can tell, they only have one building on campus - no athletic facilities.

Comment

Lincoln raises way too many red flags for me as an institution for me to be comfortable rooting for the genesis of their program.

Maybe they'll use the team to legitimize their academic programs and business practices, but who knows.

Comment

As expected, Lincoln lost their inaugural football game to Arizona Christian 33-9.

https://www.acufirestorm.com/article/2683
            Last edited by crixus; 09-02-2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X