Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

is this a 'safe space'?

Comment

All the UK fanatics will be drinking Bourbon and popping opiates after this loss to North Carolina. The meth heads could care less. It's easier to get meth in Kentucky than cannabis.

Republican Governor Matt Bevin ran on the premise that he supported medicinal cannabis in 2015. The Kentucky legislature never even discussed it last year. Bills were introduced by a Democrat in Perry Clark this year. The legislation was sent to committee and the legislature convened.

Republicans in Kentucky don't want medicinal cannabis. It would take away from from the Bourbon and big pharma industries who are in the pockets of the Kentucky pub legislatures. They don't want any tax money going to public education either. That could make future generations of Kentuckians smarter and the pubs don't want that.

The vast majority of Americans favor medicinal cannabis, and the majority already have it. Trump got two million less votes than Clinton and won on electorate votes, which was created by law makers in this country so slave states could still own slaves?

Comment

I wonder how UK fans would feel if the program had not won an NCAA tournament game in five seasons. Let's stay positive guys!

Comment

Maybe you have forgotten but just as a reminder - this is a basketball board. If anyone wants to listen to your particular brand of political ranting they can tune to MSNBC. The oppo side can tune to FoxNews. Everyone coming HERE just wants to talk basketball.

Comment

OK. Plenty of UK fans will be drinking Bourbon and popping opiates today after that loss to NC. Both UK and KWC have won 8 National Championships and KWC has not won a tournament game in five years. Are you Happy with that? The cat is out of the bag.

Comment

The Wesleyan Way
              Last edited by crazznewt; 03-27-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                The Wesleyan Way
                After watching the elite 8, I concluded that KWC talent level this year was close to the top teams this year. The difference I believe is not all the players buying in on what the coaches were selling, defense/rebounding etc. Would anyone care to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                  After watching the elite 8, I concluded that KWC talent level this year was close to the top teams this year. The difference I believe is not all the players buying in on what the coaches were selling, defense/rebounding etc. Would anyone care to comment?
                  Sure I'll comment, I think next year you need watch the games with both eyes open. Kwc talent was no where remotely close to the top programs. Only team I saw this year with that kind of talent was BU.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                    Sure I'll comment, I think next year you need watch the games with both eyes open. Kwc talent was no where remotely close to the top programs. Only team I saw this year with that kind of talent was BU.
                    I thought USI was just as talented

Comment

I think the Wesleyan team was as skilled as any. I do not believe the coaches ever learned how to use the players. Because of out skill and size we won many games. The staff spend lots of time with one on one teaching but not enough time running plays and making the players pass and pass and pass before shooting.

We did not make teams play hard on defense thus they were not tired and could shoot threes. We rebounded well and cut off passing lanes but gave up too many threes.

Our point guard hit a total slump which cost us big time. Our back up point guard can run a team but only if we run plays and he knows what to expect to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                        I think the Wesleyan team was as skilled as any. I do not believe the coaches ever learned how to use the players. Because of out skill and size we won many games. The staff spend lots of time with one on one teaching but not enough time running plays and making the players pass and pass and pass before shooting.

We did not make teams play hard on defense thus they were not tired and could shoot threes. We rebounded well and cut off passing lanes but gave up too many threes.

Our point guard hit a total slump which cost us big time. Our back up point guard can run a team but only if we run plays and he knows what to expect to happen.
                        I thought our PG was a huge problem, many times I saw him wave off the head coach, disrespectful. I noticed at the elite 8, to your point, a lot more movement on offense, crisp cuts, just more attentive than what I remember with the Panthers. I thought the Derksen kid was a negative for team chemistry

Comment

I thought our PG was a huge problem, many times I saw him wave off the head coach, disrespectful. I noticed at the elite 8, to your point, a lot more movement on offense, crisp cuts, just more attentive than what I remember with the Panthers. I thought the Derksen kid was a negative for team chemistry
                          Sloppy is good at getting the best ingredients. He just can't read the measuring cup, know how to use the mixer, or turn on the oven.

Comment

It depends on what you define as talent level. Fairmont State was considerably more talented than any team in the Midwest Region. Northwest had talent, was well coached and the smartest basketball team, thus why they cut the nets down.

K Dub and USI have problems starting with coaching. Team basketball will trump individual talent. This year proved we are both quite a bit away from being where we want to be. Next year will likely be more of the same.

Comment

I thought USI was just as talented
                              One of the more talented teams under wod but I still would not say as talented as top teams. You can have all the talent in the world but if you ain't got a coach to utilize it it doesn't mean squat.

Comment

And the as bad as Wod is....he's still head and shoulders above Happy!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X