Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

It will not leave a stain on Kentucky Wesleyan.

Wesleyan is going to be fine.

Comment

Maybe a stain on outgoing mayor Ron Payne but other than that I don't see it. Personally I thought it was a dumb idea from the beginning.

Comment

I hope Wesleyan kicks azz and takes names this season, with integrity and class of course.

Comment

Spectra management, who manages the owensboro convention center, will take over the sports center. Auto correct. The roof and concession area will get $160,000 for this season. The city will no longer manage it. More extensive work is planned for the future.

Comment

That's a much better option in my opinion. The city still owns the facility but with a professional venue management company running it I think we'll see some good improvements over the next few years, all while keeping the history basketball venue feel in place. Ron Payne may not have gotten the big "wow" he wanted by bringing in a hockey team but I think ultimately Geary pulling out is the best thing that could have happened.

Comment

So how do the bigs look this year

Comment

Our 4s & 5s are better than in several years. Not just the starters but bench will be able to contribute. At mid year a 6'8" 3 joins. They are bigger, faster, better shooters as a group.

Comment

Are you referring to the Kansas State transfer, Harris? Or are we getting another mid-year 6'8"? I thought Harris was a 4/5 is why I ask.

Comment

Harris is point guard in a 4 body. I think he will play a point 3.

Comment

Wesleyan's recent affiliation with Leerfield should be good for the program. Not only will it brand, sell and promote the merchandise, Leerfield will essentially act as a manager of promotions and a financial conduit with connections. However, the college must have charismatic promoters and the fan base must return. The college should do everything possible to make that happen.

Wesleyan had to get out of the GLVC. The entire athletic program has had success over the years and they will continue to have success, but if you want people to attend your sporting events, make them exciting and do everything possible to win within the boundaries of the NCAA. You can compete with integrity and win championships. In fact, if you are really competing with integrity, you will win championships.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                        That's a much better option in my opinion. The city still owns the facility but with a professional venue management company running it I think we'll see some good improvements over the next few years, all while keeping the history basketball venue feel in place. Ron Payne may not have gotten the big "wow" he wanted by bringing in a hockey team but I think ultimately Geary pulling out is the best thing that could have happened.
                        I agree. We bought into the idea by the genius bunch across the river that the Sportscenter was crappy. They think it's crappy because NOBODY can take down those 8 National Championship banners. Well, they can suck it! I agree to disagree.

Comment

Nah
                          Last edited by crazznewt; 10-05-2016, 08:23 AM. Reason: never mind

Comment

The Wesleyan Way enough said

Comment

Kwc

Comment

I believe the games in Evansville are the most important basketball games W has played in years. It is a chance to show the D2 world why schools will not schedule games with us. I think each team we play has early season issues to work out (as do we) and will not play their best ball but we will come in with a chip on our shoulder and be as ready as any. Great D1 games and then Evansville tourney. What a great way to open the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X