Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OVC to invite USI

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
    Overall USI's athletics programs are better than Bellarmine...basketball USI is not even close to USI, but when you factor in all athletic teams USI is a lot better. That being said Bellarmine is being ran by a lot smarter people. JMH is a douchebag and Alphabet Bennett has no clue how to run a university.
    If that's true, why did USI finish behind Bellarmine in the conference All-Sports standings last year?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
      Overall USI's athletics programs are better than Bellarmine...basketball USI is not even close to USI, but when you factor in all athletic teams USI is a lot better. That being said Bellarmine is being ran by a lot smarter people. JMH is a douchebag and Alphabet Bennett has no clue how to run a university.
      I have no idea about this OVC rumor but if the way the conference avoided NKU is any indication, I think the OVC may be wary of USI as well. Granted, USI athletics is not being run particularly well these days, there is potential there to be a powerhouse in the OVC which some of the members may be scared of right now. If they had admitted NKU when they went DI, NKU would be dominating already. I think they would fall back on the ole we don't admit D2 converters excuse. As for Bellarmine, they would probably be less fearful of a small private school coming in, even though the men's basketball team would be ready to compete right away. BU has the facilities and if they did make the jump, I'm sure they would commit to a new arena. I just don't think BU will do it though. It's too expensive and I don't think the return is worth it.

Comment

I was thinking Nationally as it pertained to the Directors Cup, it seems most years USI and Bell are right by each other in the GLVC all-sports.

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
        If that's true, why did USI finish behind Bellarmine in the conference All-Sports standings last year?

Comment

SIU-E had to increase seating in the Vabelene Center during their transition.

So the OVC has a requirement that says in order to be in the conference your gym has to seat a certain number of people?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if they do, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. 955 people watched SIUE lose to Missouri Western at home this year.

Comment

I think BU could compete in the OVC right away, I think they have better leadership at the top and would be able to handle the transition. USI would turn it in to one big cluster!

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
              SIU-E had to increase seating in the Vabelene Center during their transition.
              Good thing. I've seen middle school gyms they couldn't fill.

Comment

Which isn't surprising there, what is more surprising is their appetite to go D I when the flagship school in Carbondale is flooded in debt and looking to borrow money from them.

Good thing. I've seen middle school gyms they couldn't fill.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X