Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Center Hosts E8 from 2019-2022

Per 14 news the Ford Center in Evansville will be hosting the D2 E8 from 2019-2022

Re: Ford Center Hosts E8 from 2019-2022

Great news! Sioux Falls was lovely, but the commute was a bit much, although I am looking forward to it next year

Comment

Bell is no lock to win the Regional next season. I was not happy with Wesleyan's early departure this season, but they will return possibly the strongest front court in the region as it stands. The Bell kid from Central is going to be a much needed improvement. Hatton now has some experience under his belt, and outside of one scholly the KWC roster is set.

Osborne knows he needs to win in the Regional tournament. The G-MAC basketball conference will be improved next season. However, with more conference games comes fewer preconference games. KWC needs to play the best teams possible during that stretch and stop worrying about that 48 game home winning streak. They need to play the best teams possible, even on the road.

Comment

Here we go boys and girls!

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
        Bell is no lock to win the Regional next season. I was not happy with Wesleyan's early departure this season, but they will return possibly the strongest front court in the region as it stands. The Bell kid from Central is going to be a much needed improvement. Hatton now has some experience under his belt, and outside of one scholly the KWC roster is set.

Osborne knows he needs to win in the Regional tournament. The G-MAC basketball conference will be improved next season. However, with more conference games comes fewer preconference games. KWC needs to play the best teams possible during that stretch and stop worrying about that 48 game home winning streak. They need to play the best teams possible, even on the road.

Comment

Exactly...hahaha.

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
          Here we go boys and girls!

Comment

It's a shame that we will probably have teams with enough talent to make it to the E8 but not the coach to get us there.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
              It's a shame that we will probably have teams with enough talent to make it to the E8 but not the coach to get us there.
              Lol boo hoo.

Comment

To quote a wise-ass ... 'here we go boys and girls!'

Comment

You people are nothing if not predictible.

Although I have a lot more respect for Alumnifan's eternal optimism, than the continued drum beat of "our coach sucks". Frankly, I though USI played over their heads last season. It was their star player who let them down in the tournament, not the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post

And since the G-MAC is finally going to have a little depth, KWC is no lock to make the regional next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post

Although I have a lot more respect for Alumnifan's eternal optimism, than the continued drum beat of "our coach sucks". Frankly, I though USI played over their heads last season. It was their star player who let them down in the tournament, not the coach.
                      It's repetitive, but there is some truth there. And it's not all on the player - Watson's teams play however they want to because he lets them. I'd be ticked to have to watch that year after year too.

Comment

No, it was our inability, all season to stop dribble penetration...last second lay-up to lose in GLVC tournament, last second lay-up to lose in the NCAA tournament. Wodson can't make adjustments and it has cost us many games. It looks like we played above our heads because we had a piss poor non-conference schedule...one of the worst in the country!

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post

Comment

No, it was our inability, all season to stop dribble penetration...last second lay-up to lose in GLVC tournament, last second lay-up to lose in the NCAA tournament. Wodson can't make adjustments and it has cost us many games. It looks like we played above our heads because we had a piss poor non-conference schedule...one of the worst in the country!
                          Rodney Watson didn't get burned off the dribble in the GLVC Tournament.
                          Rodney Watson didn't get caught on a screen in the NCAA Tournament.
                          Rodney Watson didn't shoot 28 percent on a million attempts in his final three games of the season.
                          Rodney Watson didn't look like a deer in the headlights in the final seconds of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                            It's repetitive, but there is some truth there. And it's not all on the player- Watson's teams play however they want to because he lets them. I'd be ticked to have to watch that year after year too.
                            I agree that they have a point, Watson is lacking but do they have to beat the thing to death? Moves has a point too, Taylor was a no-show in the post-season. Maybe Watson wasn't on him enough but something tells me if he had been on him all the time he would not have put up the numbers he did in the regular season. I think that team had one really good player (Stein), one talented player who showed up 90% of the time (Taylor) and the rest were pretty much overachievers. Talent was lacking, but that's on Watson as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Trautwein View Post
                              Rodney Watson didn't get burned off the dribble in the GLVC Tournament.
                              Rodney Watson didn't get caught on a screen in the NCAA Tournament.
                              Rodney Watson didn't shoot 28 percent on a million attempts in his final three games of the season.
                              Rodney Watson didn't look like a deer in the headlights in the final seconds of the season.
                              Watson recruits all of his players and then he lets them play how they want to.

So when a player continues to jack up 3's instead of taking a good shot or they decide to take the lazy route under a screen come tournament time, a big reason why is because Watson allowed it the other 27 games on the schedule.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X