• Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Mitchell Robinson coming to KWC ??

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
      Mitchell Robinson coming to KWC ??
      NO! Western Kentucky will either release him to a power D1 program or he will play International pro ball and put his name in the 2018 NBA draft. The second guess is the best answer.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
        Sam Williams is still on the roster.
        Per assistant coach on team last year says he definitely not coming back, so we can't count him

Comment

VC announced the transfer of Lindsey. They still have Williams on the Roster.

Comment

VC announced the transfer of Lindsey. They still have Williams on the Roster.
            There are several slowing on VC roster that are not playing this year. Sam, the freshman with concussion, many walk ons, it's not accurate

Comment

Maybe so. Dorms open for new students in about three weeks.

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan College, Owensboro Public Schools, and Owensboro Health will have an official grand opening for the new $2.6 million dollar track and field facility on August 16th, one day before the Residence Halls open to new students.

The facility will also have a new turf field with directional lighting for the Owensboro Middle School's soccer and football teams. The entire facility can host high school and college track meets. The full story is at the College website.

Comment

KWC has posted their upcoming basketball schedule. No surprises really. The Panthers have only one exhibition scheduled and that is against Louisville. Kentucky will guarantee 20 grand to a D3 team. Wesleyan was guaranteed 35 grand last year from Louisville. One exhibition game a year is enough. Lose to the big D1 team where KWC is a good draw. Forget the D1 exhibition where the D1 Team goes to the FT line and shoots over 40 free throws and win by a few points.

It's pretty easy to see by way of schedule that Findlay and KWC are going to be the two biggest regular season conference games, and rightly so.

Comment

I really believe that Wesleyan will be improving their overall athletic department in every sport over the next four years. The official basketball Roster is not out yet, but Happy will field a competitive team this year. One way or the other the Men's basketball team will keep winning. That's always the first priority in the athletic department.

The baseball team brought in 19 recruits for the upcoming season after coming off a Regional Semifinal appearance. Coach Lillpop is a great coach with a bright future.

The softball program is doing great. They will be better this year. The new track and field complex will offer new training opportunities to all the athletes, including our own Track and Field teams, and Cross Country teams. Wesleyan will get plenty of access and it is easily within walking distance of the campus.

I didn't think much of bowling until I saw McKendree win a National Championship on CBS Sports. Both teams will be competing in 2018-19.

New coaches are in place for Women's tennis and both golf teams. It takes time to rebuild and grow and KWC is doing just that. The future is bright.

Comment

In about two weeks dorms open up for new students. Counting down the days!

Comment

I went back and read the last article on incoming recruits. That article stated specifically that the recruiting season is over.

Colton Elkins is enrolled, but little has been said about him. He is probably going to red shirt. Sam Williams is still on the VC Roster. That is the only question and I have read nothing about him being released.

Comment

I went back and read the last article on incoming recruits. That article stated specifically that the recruiting season is over.

Colton Elkins is enrolled, but little has been said about him. He is probably going to red shirt. Sam Williams is still on the VC Roster. That is the only question and I have read nothing about him being released.
                          I feel bad for Elkins, but when do you cut ties with him?? He received a full ride based on his basketball talents, and he is not playing 2 consecutive years in a row?? I will say it again, if he does not play basketball competitively for 2 years, he won't get it back.

Comment

Much about VC is not current. When there is no news they leave players on school site. I do not believe Elkins has attended school for almost a year. he did go to a game or two. If doctor says he should not play end of story. I must confess that I wonder how he can hunt, fish, etc. But can not go to school but I do not know how badly he was hurt.

I am going to study this years roster and give my thoughts of the team. I know that and $10.00 may get you a Starbucks coffee. The team has changed so much from what I/we thought it would look like I want to exam new comers share my thoughts. I should be ready by this weekend.

First thought: On paper individual by individual this is the weakest group Happy by has had. This does not mean that the TEAM will not be better.

Comment

Much about VC is not current. When there is no news they leave players on school site. I do not believe Elkins has attended school for almost a year. he did go to a game or two. If doctor says he should not play end of story. I must confess that I wonder how he can hunt, fish, etc. But can not go to school but I do not know how badly he was hurt.

I am going to study this years roster and give my thoughts of the team. I know that and $10.00 may get you a Starbucks coffee. The team has changed so much from what I/we thought it would look like I want to exam new comers share my thoughts. I should be ready by this weekend.

First thought: On paper individual by individual this is the weakest group Happy by has had. This does not mean that the TEAM will not be better.
                              Well if you've never seen bluefield college I can tell you that weak individual talent at every position does not produce a better team.

Comment

By far the weakest group. I am telling you guys right now, they won't make the tournament. Once again Happy has signed 2 one and done players. Except for a walk on or 2, there are zero freshmen and soph on team. In the paper he already started to make excuses on why team will lose at beginning of season. I am getting tired of losing to USI. My bet is Happy is positioning himself to retire at the end of season

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X