Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wish the coaching staff would check with me before scheduling these things so I wouldn't have so many schedule conflicts...

Comment

• Cooper will not know who is available until 24 hours before...sounds like we have issues.

Comment

• Tell your wife, kids boss mother in law you are going to the doctor. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
          Cooper will not know who is available until 24 hours before...sounds like we have issues.
          there was an odd statement about player health...hoping we don't have any significant injuries already. Also a supporter of the doctor excuse. Surely we can find you a doctor's note to excuse your other event!

Comment

• A good plan comes together.

Comment

• I'm hoping I can work my schedule around so I can make it to the game but the project manager for this is a real bear (it's me)

I'm not sure about specific injuries or anything, but a picture they posted on Twitter the other day showed Sukhanov with a wrap on his knee. There's always going to be minor injuries and stuff this time of year as they ramp up practice; I wouldn't be too concerned about that at the moment.

Comment

• I saw that also and Jo had his shoes off. Sukhanov looked like man in that picture. I'm not sure he is 6'11" but he is big. I do not think our starting five will be as big as Walsh. they are loaded with skilled bigs.

Comment

• KWC has a nice front line. If they can stay healthy, the team should at least improve and have a winning record. This roster also has seven seniors and three juniors. Coach Dave Bezold could be the third best assistant coach Wesleyan has had since 1981, and that is just a guess and my opinion. I know Wesleyan has had some great assistants. Wayne Chapman and Ray Harper were two. I am not real sure where Bezold would place, but based upon his head coaching experience at NKU he has to be in the top five since 1981. I am guessing he is looking to find another head coaching position by coming to KWC and coaching his son, even if that is just for one year. I hope he stays on longer than one year. This 2019-2020 team has the potential of winning twenty games and possibly showing up for the G-MAC tournament. If by some miracle they make the NCAA tournament, I would be thrilled! Still, that is a long ways off after Coach Cooper's first season last year, but this team will be drastically improved.

Comment

• Nice calm statement. The dark NKU cloud is over Bezold. I am not sure how his law suit was settled but he may have some coin. I am happy the way he has jumped in. I assume coaches kids get a break. A win win. He could help our bigs and let Cooper worry about other things. I am afraid FB has hurt our KY. recruiting this year but will help in the end.

Being in the G-MAC has seemed to help some schools ie walsh and hurt others ie AB. I think we are in the middle and the next couple of years will decide. We need to get three star frost or second year D1 transfers.

Comment

• Best deal yet !!! If someone from Owensboro will go to the purple vs white game and do a really good write up on here I will buy the ticket for you. :)

Comment

• What a steal! I'll take that deal. My plan is to be there and I'll provide as much as I can remember. I'm looking forward to seeing who runs together as I'd imagine it will give some sort of insight as to lineup options.

Comment

• Thanks...check is in the mail. On a side note it is sad that we have to have the purple vs white games at 11:00 A.M. We can not even charge a can of beans to get in. This team and coaching staff has a ton on their back. The next couple of years may make or break KWC MBB. For some reason most Owensboro citizens seem to be too busy to give their support to this local team.

I do not mean to be a downer and will give the support I can but I worry if Owensboro does not wake up they could continue to weaken a most important part of their community.

Comment

• Yeah, you make a very sad but true point. I thought Jason Mays did a great job organizing the "Fan Fest" and trying to generate some hype for the program for the preseason his only year. I went and I recall seeing a decent turnout. They were able to highlight the men's and women's team and they gave away FREE hot dogs. I really enjoyed it. Maybe as things continue to get better and grow, Cooper can develop more of an exciting pre-season scrimmage event.

Comment

• I just send Cooper a check. I hope he uses it wisely. Former players playing pro ball need to write checks. WBB has signed a really good PG from Tenn. and an Ohio all state center. I know all state does not mean what it use to but to have 5 all state players on WBB is something. First time in a long long time they have size and skill under the basket.

I think playing Walsh only once could help both teams with G-MAC standings. Tiffin gave IUPUI (what a silly name) fits last night. Tiffin's best player had an off night.

Comment

• Is Wesleyan going to dress 18 players for home games? Surely some of these players will not be traveling with the team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X