Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We lost to Urbana?? I don't remember that!

Comment

• OK, say we do lose to OCU, and/or anyone else. I wouldn't blame anyone if they chose not to continue going to the games.

I personally WILL continue going, because:
      1. I do not believe our poor play is directly the fault of the players. It's the coaching staff that either a) recruited sub-par talent or b) isn't getting them to play to their full potential. I will continue to support the players every way I can from the stands, as long as they are doing their best and representing KWC in a positive manner (i.e. not like the dreadful Jason Mays season's players did)
      2. I will continue to support KWC as an institution and KWC athletics in particular because without support from fans and alumni there will be no athletics program.
      3. Attendance suffers enough when the team isn't winning. Attendance has also suffered just in general ever since the Harper days were over. There are a multitude of reasons for that, which I won't get into significantly right now, but suffice to say it is endemic to basically ALL college athletics thanks largely to TV, etc. If the CORE fans, the ones that have been and will be in the seats come hell or high water start leaving then I don't even know what that means for the program going forward.
      4. Finally, and selfishly, I've already paid for the tickets.

Comment

• Meanwhile...

https://kwcpanthers.com/news/2019/11...-morrison.aspx

This looks like a really good signee. I daresay he looks on paper like the kind of player Bellarmine has often signed.

Comment

• ! He's a great shooter AND that image shows his elbows at the rim.
          Only bad thing I see according to his bio is his dad might be a vampire.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
            OK, say we do lose to OCU, and/or anyone else. I wouldn't blame anyone if they chose not to continue going to the games.

I personally WILL continue going, because:
            1. I do not believe our poor play is directly the fault of the players. It's the coaching staff that either a) recruited sub-par talent or b) isn't getting them to play to their full potential. I will continue to support the players every way I can from the stands, as long as they are doing their best and representing KWC in a positive manner (i.e. not like the dreadful Jason Mays season's players did)
            2. I will continue to support KWC as an institution and KWC athletics in particular because without support from fans and alumni there will be no athletics program.
            3. Attendance suffers enough when the team isn't winning. Attendance has also suffered just in general ever since the Harper days were over. There are a multitude of reasons for that, which I won't get into significantly right now, but suffice to say it is endemic to basically ALL college athletics thanks largely to TV, etc. If the CORE fans, the ones that have been and will be in the seats come hell or high water start leaving then I don't even know what that means for the program going forward.
            4. Finally, and selfishly, I've already paid for the tickets.
            If kdub loses to Oakland city then they should cease mb operations or do what Oakland city did. Hire a 60
            yr old asst volleyball /swim coach from a d3 to run your d2 MBB program.

Comment

• While Coach Cooper was still not happy with tonight's performance (we did come out flat in the second half and looked like our "unable to score" selves for about the first 10 minutes of said half) we did ultimately get the job done and win 100-68 over OCU. Our first half, and the last 8-10 minutes of the second were the type of effort you want to see. Now, the team has 9 days off (from games) in which to practice and get better before hosting our Thanksgiving tourney where we will play Wheeling and Auburn-Montgomery. Neither of those teams are elite, but they both are extremely athletic, which we have yet to prove we can handle...so it's going to be quite interesting to see what we can do come next weekend.

Comment

• I hope they beat and bang on each other for the next 7 days to get ready. I CANNOT understand why Mo refuses to be physical down low. His soft play just infuriates me. Several times last night he got beat by OCU's big man. And Coop told him that's what happens when you aren't tough. An I don't think it's any surprise to anyone to hear that Mo isn't tough. I was glad to see Fort get some good minutes; at least he isn't afraid to drop his hips and box someone out. you are right that there was some good overall effort from the team. Lots of guys diving for balls, which is always encouraging. Jo played well. It blows my mind we have an inbounds play where he gets the oop (we have run it the past 2 games now), but he isn't afraid to go up there and get it! Last year's Thanksgiving tourney was a bit of a letdown with us going 0-2, so I'm hoping for a better result this year.

Cooper does appear to be using the bench depth for motivation. If a player's effort isn't where he expects it to be, Coop is quick to sub them. Sisson got pulled last night for not running after a ball that the OCU player dove out of bounds to throw back into his uhhh "nether regions". Coop asked him when he came off, "why did you stop?" All that to say, I appreciate Cooper demanding high intensity effort. I don't catch much of the huddle talk, but Cooper does appear to break the game down into stretches. With about 8 minutes left, I heard him talking about the "next 4 minutes." I assume that is based on high intensity play.

I won't be burning my season tickets, and my attendance will continue. You made some great points kdubnation. I am proud of the young men that are on this team as I think they are a great representation of the school. I also think as they continue to develop the younger guys that they will continue to raise their ceiling. It's just never fun to watch losing basketball with 7+ minute scoring droughts. I'll keep standing and cheering for the boys and try to not let those negative thoughts creep when I see those scoring droughts.

Comment

• I don't think you'll ever see Mo being overly physical down low because until he got here he's never been a power forward and it's never been part of his game. He's built like a 4 but his game seems to always have been a 3. He's a lot more comfortable out on the wings and shooting from deep than banging in the post, but we've got enough shooters and need the size and strength inside, so that's where he ends up being put. He's shown in a game or two that he actually has pretty good skills down low, he's just obviously not comfortable with it and as you point out he doesn't come across as being particularly "tough".

Once we add Sukhanov and Currie to the mix I have a feeling Mo will either A) get to play more the way he wants, i.e. out around the perimeter or more likely B) will not get nearly as much playing time unless he does decide to toughen up and play more physical. The fact is, adding those two to our post depth will put pressure on Mo and Sisson in particular to perform or sit.

Comment

• By the way, did you see how explosive Jo Griffin has the capability to be when he decides to? He was well above the rim on that alley-oop inbounds play, and had a nice fast break dunk as well. There was a point early in the second half where he drove towards the basket but ended up passing on an easy shot to kick the ball out. Cooper asked him why he didn't shoot the ball and he basically said the other guy was open and wanted it so he passed it. Cooper told him that maybe the other guy wanted the ball, but everyone on the floor wants the ball all the time...but more importantly everyone in the arena wants him to shoot that shot that he passed up on. Immediately after that you saw a new Jo out there. I think he kind of realized that unselfish play is good, but you can be TOO unselfish and that it's NOT selfish to take a good shot when you've got one. That's when he really turned it up and started playing really well. If we see THAT Jo Griffin take the court for the rest of the season, he's going to help the team a whole lot.

Comment

• You are right, it was like a switch was flipped. Jo has a ton of potential for this team. On that inbounds, I thought he threw it into the hoop more than dunking it, because he was so high above the rim. He has some similarities to Jordan Jacks. I don't mean to say he is quite THAT athletic, but to not be the biggest guy on the court yet he can get up around the rim and isn't scared to, he handles the ball well, and he has a pretty good jumper.

Comment

• Coach announced last night on the radio show that Currie is eligible immediately and he will get PT very soon. Great news for a team that needs a guy to be the energy booster. From watching him interact on the bench, I really think he is going to be a guy that brings everyone up when he is in the game.

Comment

• I can not get cooper radio show on the internet. I get 102.7 but it is not his show. Does the time change or is the internet shows different?
                          Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?
                          thanks

Comment

• They advertise it as being on 102.7 but it actually broadcasts on 94.7 I think. At least it did two weeks ago when I actually was able to listen.

Comment

• It was the same situation last night. Advertised on 102.7 but actually aired on WBIO which is 94.7

Comment

• Than each of you...I think you are correct.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X