Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With that great win-loss record and the national ranking, your women's program deserves a shout out. The conference is weak, but people recognize that Wesleyan Women's Basketball is up and coming. Hopefully they can continue to recruit the players needed to continue their style of play.

Comment

• Agreed, the KDub ladies are outstanding this year and with only one senior they're pretty well stocked to continue their success for the coming few seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
        You have to be moving or dribbling...a "jump stop" is allowed only to "gather" Zach had both feet underneath him and then jumps backward. I think it was the right call.
        I would need to see a replay....as long as he began to jump (just one foot off the ground) before he was in full possession of the ball...it would be a legal play.

Comment

• https://portal.stretchinternet.com/k...reamType=video
          Last edited by Lawson; 02-07-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Indeed watch the replay...also on lower right there is an option to slow speed to 0.25 ("cogwheel" shape). Zach grabs ball with left foot on black 3 point line and right foot about 2 feet towards free throw lane. Then he hops back behind the 3-point line. Ref signals at once while ball is in air. Erik Bell looks at Zach and motions dribble.Truthfully it looks like Zach may have caught ball before left foot was down behind 3 point line, but its very close. Again, some one needs to find official NCAA guide to see rule but I don't believe what Zach did can be considered a jump stop because he wasn't dribbling.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/3ITqOafb7_I
              Last edited by Lawson; 02-07-2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Here's the rule...
                Section 22. Jump Stop
                Art. 1. A jump stop is executed when a player catches the ball while moving or dribbling with:
                a. One foot on the playing court, jumps off that foot and lands simultaneously on both feet (no pivot foot).
                b. Two feet off the playing court, lands on one foot, jumps off that foot and lands simultaneously on both feet (no pivot foot).
                Art. 2. A jump stop may also be executed when the dribbler has one foot on the playing court, initiates a jump off that foot, ends the dribble with both feet off the playing court and lands simultaneously on both feet (either foot can be established as the pivot foot).

If both feet were down when he caught the ball, he can't "jump stop"

If his right foot was down, but not left foot, he had to jump off right foot and land with both at same time. He clearly put left foot down before doing "jump stop"

It was a bang bang play...but I am sure if Findlay had that shot to end game we all would have been arguing that it was a walk.

I think it was an easy call for the ref because of the hop.

Comment

• Great win today...the kids definitely deserved it

Comment

• I feel so good for these players. I do wish we could get all of our guards shooting well in the same game. if that ever happens we could surprise.

Comment

• Definitely a huge win for us going into the last 5 games of the season on the road. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. When you look at who's left on the schedule we really shouldn't lose another game in the regular season. It will be very interesting to see if we can get revenge on AB...but beyond them none of the teams we face *should* be overly difficult for us to defeat. Now whether that will actually be the case or not is anybody's guess, but you have to feel like this win Saturday gives us some confidence going into this road swing.

IF we do go 5-0 in these last weeks, that would put us at 13-13 overall in the regular season. And based on the ratings system for the G-MAC standings, we are already in 7th only .03 points away from 5th place, which is just crazy considering how the season has gone.

Comment

• I spend some time looking at what could be when the teams above us lose games. The key to everything is just winning out. Looking at this team's history there is no reason to believe they will win out. However if you look at the improvement of those that get the most minutes with the addition of greatly improved bench play/usage it could happen. We should fill the gym at Oakland city.

13 and 13 stinks but wining last 6 regular season games would feel pretty good and make the new recruits even more interesting.

Comment

• I worry about tonight's game. OVU is much better than their record. Beating us would be a big deal for them.. Their gym, parking lot and record makes you think this will be an easy win. We need to jump on them early and never let up.

Comment

• Beating OVU can't really be considered a "big" win, but the fact that we dominated them how we did and how good we played overall is a big deal for this KWC team. I hate to risk the jinx but we seem like we're really gelling (finally) and are starting to become a true threat to any team in the league.

Comment

• Comment

• This year I have seen a bunch of guys playing hard but many times looking like a pick up game. If one guy gets hot they have a chance to win. A coach that is afraid to call on his bench so he rides the starters hoping another starter will play better.

Last night and for a couple of games I saw a real team with a coach that knew how to pull the right strings to get the best from the "team".

KWC MBB is beginning to look like the WBB. Players coming in and out with the fresh legs using different skill sets.... just having fun.

If/when this team has all of it's players doing what they can do consistently we will feel like "back to the future".

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X