X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Agree

Comment

• Another slow start last night, but glad to see a much better second half. Wyatt only played 19 minutes, which seems odd. I guess when Ben and others paly well, he doesn't have to run as much. Sasha only got 76 seconds of time, and was visibly upset after the game. But with Ben playing dominant basketball inside, I'm not sure what he expects. The student section on the floor was an interesting dynamic. They were in the other team's ear all night. Maybe a little bit rowdy, but I certainly don't mind seeing them involved in the game.

Definitely some things to clean up before USI, Hillsdale, and Findlay come to town in the next couple of weeks. But I do like how athletic this team is.

Comment

• Yeah, it was an obvious difference after halftime. First half we let them out work us, plain and simple. We came out playing hard in the second and completely overwhelmed them. And yes, Sasha was very mad at the end, and I'm pretty sure it's because he didn't get in the game until "junk time" but like you said, what does he expect? He's been a detriment to the team in the minutes he's gotten to this point in the season. He's going to have to prove that he can play ball if he wants any minutes with the front court players we've got now. Maybe this was a wakeup call for him, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The student section was great, though I know they made some people mad and/or upset because of some foul language. But let them be college kids. All I know is having them down there adds a dynamic to the Sportscenter that we've been missing for a long time now. Yes, the staff needs to address the language thing, but other than that we WANT them being rowdy and getting into the game. Lord knows it's been missing. Back in the Harper days we packed the stage to standing room only, and we rode the other team from opening tip (before, really) until final horn, and we were not what you'd call "nice" about it. Bruce Pearl HATED us, as did his players.

Comment

• Also, I just looked at their schedule out of curiosity this morning and Midway counted the game against us as an exhibition game. I didn't realize that going in...that does change the dynamics a little. They had nothing to lose, so they could just go all out against us. Not saying that was a huge factor, by any means - the first half was simply a case of us not playing hard (no excuse for that). But it may have given them a bit of a boost coming out of the gate.

Comment

• Bellarmine plays at #1 Gonzaga tonight. I wonder what the final spread will be...

Comment

• Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                Bellarmine plays at #1 Gonzaga tonight. I wonder what the final spread will be...
                I have noticed in most of these D1 v D2 games this season the underdog received no mercy.

Comment

• Gonzaga 92 Bellarmine 50. I wonder how their fans are enjoying the D1 experience. Perennial top 10 in D2 to lower 3rd of D1 in just a year or two. Makes no sense to me why you'd want to make that jump.

Comment

• They made the semifinals of the CBI tourney last year.

Comment

• Comment

• Me too. Right now it's more a source of anxiety than I would prefer, but we'll see how it goes. Cedarville beat them 101-88 tonight. Which means one of two things - USI is beatable...or USI is going to come in Wednesday mad as hell and harder to beat than ever. I feel like we can compete against them, but we have to come out ready to play, which has been a bit of a problem. They're not the kind of team you can come out flat for 10-20 minutes then win by playing hard the rest of the time.

Comment

• I fear it may be the latter outcome for USI. I had hoped they would pull away against Cedarville in the 2nd half and coast into the Sportscenter. But, hopefully Coop has the boys ready. I am excited for the game. If the game is close, I certainly hope the SC plays it's role in the rivalry. I'll do my part!

Comment

• Well, I had some fun at least.

Comment

• Yeah, it was an entertaining game. Disappointing outcome, but at least we showed we have the fight to compete.

Comment

• At some point we have to learn how to win in a close game and/or in overtime.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X