Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I agree....Cooper has been here long enough that .500 seasons are not good enough anymore...and unfortunately that's what we are.

Comment

• Now Fernandez not playing….anyone know why?

Comment

• No idea..was hoping someone would know. From the Walsh stream I didnt even see him on the bench.

Comment

• The wheels are falling off this bus. It's time to dump the driver.

Comment

• Markel Aune is no longer on the roster on the website.

Comment

• Ok…leading scorer gone….no big deal I guess

Comment

• I can't imagine it much matters at this point, at least for this season.

Comment

• Losing to a 1-win Trevecca team by 8 at halftime? I’ve seen a lot of bad in recent years, but this holds the spot for worst.

Trevecca started 5 freshmen and reached a new high fir 1st half points. Yikes.

Comment

• Pulled it out, at least

Comment

• Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
                      Losing to a 1-win Trevecca team by 8 at halftime? I’ve seen a lot of bad in recent years, but this holds the spot for worst.

Trevecca started 5 freshmen and reached a new high fir 1st half points. Yikes.
                      And they did it the day after their coach resigned. I wonder what we could do if OURS resigned.

Comment

• The radio broadcast did mention that Fernandez had been out last week with Covid.

Comment

• Got the win last night. It's weird how every team in the G-MAC - even the ones with 1-18 or in Ohio Dominican's case 7-13 records are "good teams" when Cooper's on the radio after the games. It's almost like he doesn't understand what a good team actually is. And the benchmark always seems to be "they beat Findlay the other night" ... well, no disrespect to them intended but let's face it, a lot of teams are beating Findlay this year. Yes, they have historically been one of the best in the conference, if not the nation, but they're having a down year this year. Beating them isn't a good benchmark for who's good or not at this time.

At this point in the season the concern has shifted - for the radio team and based on his comments Cooper as well - to trying to secure the #8 spot so we actually make the playoffs. Imagine during the Todd Lee or even Happy Osborne - or lord knows the Ray Harper - eras having to wonder if we're going to make the conference tournament. That wasn't even given a second thought. Will we make the national tournament was sometimes, but never the conference. If anything it was "will we WIN the conference tournament or not" - not will we even make it in. It's just pitiful.

At a recent game my wife and I ran into the president of the college and since we had not met the current president before we talked with him a few minutes. He made it sound like they're happy with Cooper's accomplishments to date. Said something along the lines of how the team seems to be up and coming (it's not) and this is Cooper's first season with all his own recruits (it's not). So he's evidently not watching the same team I am. Or at the very least he hasn't seen anything except our home record. I truly, TRULY hope the athletic director is paying closer attention. But hey, if the college president thinks things are going great, who am I to argue?

Comment

• Been wanting to comment about Findlay but since KWC has been suffering even more I didn't want to sound spoiled. YES, beating Findlay is nothing to brag about. The Oilers are currently 12-9 and it's going to get worse. They will soon be coming to Owensboro and you will see for yourself. It seems like we have good talent coming in every year but nothing seems to gel. Perhaps Ernst has been here too long, I don't know. Anyway, glad you haven't bought in to the "They beat Findlay" crap. Good luck hope things improve for you.

Comment

• Agreed and like I said I didn't mean any disrespect towards Findlay by that comment, I just wanted to highlight that some years (most years) that is a great benchmark, but this year it isn't and our coach hasn't figured that out yet.

The big difference between Findlay's situation vs. KWC's right now is that your coach is proven and I would expect him to right the ship again soon. Ours, on the other hand, has never proven that he can win at this level and nothing is getting better so you guys have much more to be optimistic about at this point, IMO. I hope Coach Ernst hasn't been giving interviews lauding teams for beating KWC, that might change my mind about his perspectives LOL

Comment

• KWC must be really good. "They beat Findlay. " ;D

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X