Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Nothing at all said about returning players in the story, except it does mention Daniel Dzierzawski (that's going to be a brutal name to try to spell over the next year) which is the Toledo transfer that joined at semester break, and also Dakota Quinn who had signed late last year as well (transfer from Samford). Based on the players mentioned, and the known ... or assumed at least ... returnees Harris and Hatton, that's only a roster of 9, so my assumption is that at least a couple of walk-ons will be returning as well, or walk-ons will be added to round it out.

Since no returnees were mentioned, Williams' status is officially not known but I tend to believe LF9's sources when he says he's gone (history shows he and his folks are right 99%+ of the time).

I wonder about the status of our other walk-on players, though. Hunter Noffsinger, Latrelle Irvin...others we may not have even heard of from the club team...

Comment

Happy still needs a Center.

Comment

I think Jay is a real stretch but shows Happy's loyalty and inability to sign a good big. Jay could not play due to knee surgery. His knees are not good and I wonder if he is in any kind of game shape. He should be an example to Colton...go to school and get a degree. I think this is the worst individual by individual skilled team Happy has had but that doesn't mean they will not be a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
          I think Jay is a real stretch but shows Happy's loyalty and inability to sign a good big. Jay could not play due to knee surgery. His knees are not good and I wonder if he is in any kind of game shape. He should be an example to Colton...go to school and get a degree. I think this is the worst individual by individual skilled team Happy has had but that doesn't mean they will not be a good team.
          I agree, we will finish 3rd behind Findlay, and maybe AB.

Comment

It would be ok with me if last two mentioned don't come back, too many guards. We haven't had a really good big since Happy has been here, sounds like to me Happy is mailing it in. Who is LF9??

Comment

LF9=Looking for 9

I agree Findlay has to be the favorite coming in, since they were a regional finalist and bring back nearly their whole team. Beyond that it's far too early to say this KWC team won't be in the mix. Harris is one of the top players in the region, and even though they're new to us we do have some good guard talent coming in. Only time will tell. Chemistry goes a long way and hopefully these guys will develop good chemistry quickly.

As for the comment that Happy needs a center, "needs" is a bit strong of a term, in my opinion. There are not that many true centers in D2, and most of the ones that are in D2 aren't any good. You don't HAVE to have a good center to compete at this level. In fact, I wonder if the centers we have had the last few seasons have been more of a hindrance to us than a help? Most of them haven't been effective on the court and ended up essentially taking up space most of the time and that's about it. A small, athletic, quick team with a couple of athletic posts in Harris and Quinn may be better off in the long run than just being "big" on the court.

Comment

I have been watching tapes of the two Juco All Americans and the player from Los Angles. All three have one thing in common. Once the ball crosses half court they have the ball less than a second before passing. Many times their passes lead to a good shot and almost never to a turn over. They keep the ball moving and can shoot when needed. If we have the lead the guards can protect it. I have other thoughts but, for now, back to the tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                  I have been watching tapes of the two Juco All Americans and the player from Los Angles. All three have one thing in common. Once the ball crosses half court they have the ball less than a second before passing. Many times their passes lead to a good shot and almost never to a turn over. They keep the ball moving and can shoot when needed. If we have the lead the guards can protect it. I have other thoughts but, for now, back to the tapes.
                  Does anyone here think its important for a coach to let the media/fans know what players have left program, and a general idea why?? i.e. Sam Williams. I think Happy thinks he can sweep players that leave under the table without explanation

Comment

That's when a player leaves

Comment

What ever a coach does is wrong. Saying nothing may be the safest thing. The fact that players have not shown up transferring to other schools may say something.

Comment

Todd Lee never gave explanations for players that left the program, and there were many. Not sure if Harper did. Players transferring out of D1 programs rarely have much more than a brief blurb saying "such and such has left the program" released to the press. Even high profile players that leave programs might have their own interviews and tell all sorts of details, but the coaches rarely do. I'm not sure a coach is obligated to say anything about it. In fact, depending on the reason a player leaves, it may even be against privacy laws for them to say much of anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                          Todd Lee never gave explanations for players that left the program, and there were many. Not sure if Harper did. Players transferring out of D1 programs rarely have much more than a brief blurb saying "such and such has left the program" released to the press. Even high profile players that leave programs might have their own interviews and tell all sorts of details, but the coaches rarely do. I'm not sure a coach is obligated to say anything about it. In fact, depending on the reason a player leaves, it may even be against privacy laws for them to say much of anything about it.
                          Just a "player x is no longer with the program" would be nice and no rules would be broken

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                            Just a "player x is no longer with the program" would be nice and no rules would be broken
                            Oh, well yes. I agree that some notification would be nice.

Comment

Actually, I have a theory. This is just a theory. I have no personal information.

Obviously, when you suspend a top Player before the NCAA tournament and you drop a close game in the opening round as a higher seed, how​ do you think Rob Mallory, the President and others within the program with invested interest felt about that?

They felt sick to their stomachs. Last season wrapped up four years for Happy. Several players have left the team.

Happy's status is unknown, at least to me. However, it is not because the administration has not discussed it.

Comment

According to the story in the paper, recruiting is not done for the year. They hope to sign two additional players, including at least one post.

And I also have a theory about how the administration felt about suspending Williams and dropping the tourney game. They felt disappointed and maybe a little sick that a student athlete would break the rules prior to a huge game for the program like that and get himself suspended.

I just don't understand why you somehow feel that the suspension was unjustified and Happy should have let him play. We literally have NO IDEA why he was suspended. You seem to be assuming that it was over nothing and Happy was what? Power hungry? I mean, if there wasn't a valid reason why would a coach suspend a player? What if he let him play because it was a "big game" and then we find out later on that he was ineligible and we end up with NCAA sanctions? Then you'd be calling for Happy's head because he DID play him.

Last season is over. I know it does no good to say this, but I'm going to try anyway - you've got to get past it. Let it go. It's a new season, with a new field of teams in the league...it's time to get excited and stop moaning about things we can't control that happened last year.
                                Last edited by kwcpantherfan; 06-23-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X