Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    I have not lost faith in Coach Happy Osborne. The G-MAC is a very good conference. Wesleyan has come upon an athletic season that sort of took them by surprise. KWC needs more athletic funding. The Volleyball team got better and the Spring sports should do OK, but every facet of the department should be evaluated starting with the Director.
    Did you really say the G-MAC is a good conference? Maybe I've been up here in the NSIC too long and my brain has frozen, but how can you say that? As for your head coach, getting blown out on consecutive weekends isn't a good sign. Or maybe the KWC fans just don't care any more. The USI fans are up in arms tonight and we won. I guess USI fans are more passionate about the basketball program than KWC's fans. Hard to believe things have changed that much since I left USI several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
      Did you really say the G-MAC is a good conference? Maybe I've been up here in the NSIC too long and my brain has frozen, but how can you say that? As for your head coach, getting blown out on consecutive weekends isn't a good sign. Or maybe the KWC fans just don't care any more. The USI fans are up in arms tonight and we won. I guess USI fans are more passionate about the basketball program than KWC's fans. Hard to believe things have changed that much since I left USI several years ago.
      I did and if you think otherwise that is your priority. Findlay has a chance to compete for a national title in basketball. The KWC baseball team had one of it's best seasons ever last year. You and others need to remember that the G-MAC consists solely of small liberal arts institutions that are faith based in their institutional ownership. There are no large state schools in the G-MAC.

The USI fans on this board, outside of schnautza, appear as being sociopathic
      Last edited by alumnifan; 11-11-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I did and if you think otherwise that is your priority. Findlay has a chance to compete for a national title in basketball.
        I had the privilege and honor of interviewing GLVC Commissioner Jim Naumovich at halftime years ago when I was broadcasting USI games on WSWI. He said on the air KWC intended to leave the GLVC because of philosophical differences and an inability to compete in most sports with other GLVC teams. If your present conference is going to let all these GLIAC teams in, that means trouble for KWC competing in everything including basketball. The most logical solution for KWC is to drop to D-3 in sports in order to compete. That goes for basketball. Losing by 30 to Lake Superior, a week after getting blown out by USI on a neutral floor...not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
          I had the privilege and honor of interviewing GLVC Commissioner Jim Naumovich at halftime years ago when I was broadcasting USI games on WSWI. He said on the air KWC intended to leave the GLVC because of philosophical differences and an inability to compete in most sports with other GLVC teams. If your present conference is going to let all these GLIAC teams in, that means trouble for KWC competing in everything including basketball. The most logical solution for KWC is to drop to D-3 in sports in order to compete. That goes for basketball. Losing by 30 to Lake Superior, a week after getting blown out by USI on a neutral floor...not a good look.
          D3 may very well be a possibility. As I have stated that idea has been floated around before by the BOT. KWC is very similar to Centre and Transylvania. Wesleyan also has the best institution in KY for obtainiing a BA degree. That's a fact.
          Last edited by alumnifan; 11-11-2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I would definitely support a NCAA D3 program. In fact, that is where they need to be, IMO. And, I know a particular tenured BOT member or three who would support that move. It especially makes finanancial sense and could improve the college immensely.
            Last edited by alumnifan; 11-11-2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

K dub and Evansville Theatre are going to make fine additions to the KIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                K dub and Evansville Theatre are going to make fine additions to the KIAC.
                KWC will NEVER leave the NCAA, smartass!

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan waited too long to do the inevitable. Death spiral has long begun. TLIO.

Comment

I have not lost faith in Coach Happy Osborne. The G-MAC is a very good conference. Wesleyan has come upon an athletic season that sort of took them by surprise. KWC needs more athletic funding. The Volleyball team got better and the Spring sports should do OK, but every facet of the department should be evaluated starting with the Director.
                    How is the football team funded?

Comment

Originally posted by Short Haircut View Post
                      Kentucky Wesleyan waited too long to do the inevitable. Death spiral has long begun. TLIO.
                      Just what the message board needs, another USI fan with a stupid username and nothing but moronic comments. GFYS

I'm out

Comment

Another blowout loss for KWC at the hands of Wayne State. It's worse than I thought at KWC. KWC gets blown out by USI, Lake Superior and Wayne State in a week. Makes the USI win look a bit less impressive, I admit. But it tells me KWC's program is in a complete free-fall and beyond help. Even playing in the G-MAC will not help KWC this year because of all the GLIAC teams they added. A losing season at KWC? When was the last time KWC had a losing season in men's basketball?

Comment

Our MBB looks to be really bad. Having said that they are tough as nails and never seem to quit. It will be interesting to see what coaching can do to improve the play.

Comment

There is no such thing as moral victories. 30 points losses indicative of a death spiral. Coach has to go immediately or it will be too late. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Haircut View Post
                              There is no such thing as moral victories. 30 points losses indicative of a death spiral. Coach has to go immediately or it will be too late. RIP.
                              DJ Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard back to ripping KWC. Make you feel like your Darin Smith days again Gerard? How about a Redswin post now. Gerard you need help. Let it go, get over it, move on. USI wants no part of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                                Our MBB looks to be really bad. Having said that they are tough as nails and never seem to quit. It will be interesting to see what coaching can do to improve the play.
                                Appears to be the worst KWC men's basketball team in history. I feel sorry for Joel Utley who I have great respect for, the man is a legend behind the microphone. Might be a good idea to start looking at D-3 and get out of D-2. A KWC season with 20 losses, which it looks like is about to happen, is not good for the school.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X