Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Amen...we will discuss last year when this year is over so it may be important. I hope not.

Comment

All speculation of course but my bet is if Happy suspended the kid, then there was a violation of team policy. Happy has always been fair and consistent.

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
      According to the story in the paper, recruiting is not done for the year. They hope to sign two additional players, including at least one post.

And I also have a theory about how the administration felt about suspending Williams and dropping the tourney game. They felt disappointed and maybe a little sick that a student athlete would break the rules prior to a huge game for the program like that and get himself suspended.

I just don't understand why you somehow feel that the suspension was unjustified and Happy should have let him play. We literally have NO IDEA why he was suspended. You seem to be assuming that it was over nothing and Happy was what? Power hungry? I mean, if there wasn't a valid reason why would a coach suspend a player? What if he let him play because it was a "big game" and then we find out later on that he was ineligible and we end up with NCAA sanctions? Then you'd be calling for Happy's head because he DID play him.

Last season is over. I know it does no good to say this, but I'm going to try anyway - you've got to get past it. Let it go. It's a new season, with a new field of teams in the league...it's time to get excited and stop moaning about things we can't control that happened last year.

Comment

According to the story in the paper, recruiting is not done for the year. They hope to sign two additional players, including at least one post.

And I also have a theory about how the administration felt about suspending Williams and dropping the tourney game. They felt disappointed and maybe a little sick that a student athlete would break the rules prior to a huge game for the program like that and get himself suspended.

I just don't understand why you somehow feel that the suspension was unjustified and Happy should have let him play. We literally have NO IDEA why he was suspended. You seem to be assuming that it was over nothing and Happy was what? Power hungry? I mean, if there wasn't a valid reason why would a coach suspend a player? What if he let him play because it was a "big game" and then we find out later on that he was ineligible and we end up with NCAA sanctions? Then you'd be calling for Happy's head because he DID play him.

Last season is over. I know it does no good to say this, but I'm going to try anyway - you've got to get past it. Let it go. It's a new season, with a new field of teams in the league...it's time to get excited and stop moaning about things we can't control that happened last year.
        I find it interesting that Happy is trying to get KWC back to the tournament. Yes considering all the scoring we lost, and so far an average recruiting class I guess that is the goal, but when Ray was here I don't ever remember him saying "let's try to get back to tournament ", you always thought they were hungrier for more. I guess we would not be having theses discussions if after 4 years we would had won at least one tournament game. Last year I truly felt that we should had made it to regional final game

Comment

There is no reporting on KWC from the media so it is hard to know what's going on inside the program. Even when Cardell McFarland and Anthony Young, for their rumored fight, were suspended the fans were left clueless as to why they weren't playing. With Sam Williams I don't think whatever he did was isolated because I almost asked on this board last season if he was in the dog house for some reason. He had too many games when he barely played. A player of his skill level does not have games when he plays 2 minutes and 6 minutes. His minutes were no better than Hatton and Derksen which, no offense to them, is ridiculous. Did you realize Williams averaged more points per minute than any player on the team, including Bosley? Him getting 15 minutes or less for the majority of games says to me that he may have been a discipline problem before the Quincy game.

Comment

I agree with that sentiment too, Purplebuckeye. I don't think we have ever had a coach whose stated goals were just making it back to the tournament. That even includes Boultinghouse and Lee.

Comment

I had heard that Sam kept losing his temper in practice and after his minutes were reduced. One game he was supposed to start but did not. Point being I do not think it was one event.

I have heard over and over he is gone but in my denial state I am hoping he begs Happy to come back and has cleaned up his behavior.

I do think Happy has a scholarship either for a big, for Colton, or Sam.

Comment

Summer Term 2 started yesterday. It would seem to me that most incoming players would be in a class and working out.

They need to play in the Dust Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                  Summer Term 2 started yesterday. It would seem to me that most incoming players would be in a class and working out.

They need to play in the Dust Bowl.
                  Heard from very reliable source that it has been known for some time Sam Williams wasn't coming, nor Shakir, or Colton Elkins

Comment

I had the same big mike ad well

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                      I had the same big mike ad well
                      So confirmed Big Mike, Sam Williams, Shaakir, Standford, all left with one year of eligibility. That strikes me as very strange. These are players that Happy brought into program thinking they were a good fit. There must have been a lot of negative internal issues

Comment

Standford going to grad school
                        I think the issue was not listening

Comment

I guess the roster stands at 7 scholarship players? Can somebody post the signed players and the two returning? Walk On players?

Comment

Returning
                            Malek Harris
                            Brandon Hatton

Maybe Returning? Walk-ons
                            Latrelle Irvin
                            Hunter Noffsinger

Previous Signees
                            Daniel Dzierzawski (signed in December) D1 xfer (Toledo)
                            Dakota Quinn (signed in December) D1 xfer (Samford)

New Signees
                            Chandler Redix
                            Jay Johnson
                            Jordan Johnson
                            Rasheide Bell
                            Harold Cardwell

Comment

Returning
                              Malek Harris
                              Brandon Hatton

Maybe Returning? Walk-ons
                              Latrelle Irvin
                              Hunter Noffsinger

Previous Signees
                              Daniel Dzierzawski (signed in December) D1 xfer (Toledo)
                              Dakota Quinn (signed in December) D1 xfer (Samford)

New Signees
                              Chandler Redix
                              Jay Johnson
                              Jordan Johnson
                              Rasheide Bell
                              Harold Cardwell
                              How many scholarships do they have to give

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                                How many scholarships do they have to give
                                Should be 10, though they aren't all full rides they can be split between multiple players. Not sure all the details of the rules but all in all D2 allows up to 10 schollys and my understanding is MBB is fully funded.

I just realized you may not have been asking that but were asking how many we have LEFT to give. That, I don't know because I don't know 100% for sure who's on scholarship and who isn't, and who has full and who has partial. So ???

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X