Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

That makes absolutely no sense...like most of your posts. I'm sure you're on Obama Care and have an Obama phone that you're using...and you're backing Roschon for president of USI.

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
    You would know a lot about the insurance premiums. Lol! Why doesn't KWC just shoot for the stars and hire Pearl when he is fired? Lol!

Comment

Let's all just stop the BS, shall we? Alumnifan, I apologize and promise in the future to do my best to not be a dick when you say something I don't agree with. I don't appreciate being threatened but it is what it is and I'm not holding a grudge. USI morons even though you're on ignore it'd be really great if you'd stop junking up our thread with your idiocy. I'm not sure what you're saying except when someone quotes you...but I know it has to be stupid.

Now, I'm going to do the unthinkable and post some things I saw out of Saturday's loss that were positives. Obviously there were negatives but here's the glass half-full thoughts that I have.

* 25 assists is good no matter how you cut it.

* Harris played 20 minutes and looked pretty dang good for only being about 60% at this point.

* Quinn is getting healthier, though obviously still not 100% either.

* Warnock showed some real grit in the second half...showed more heart and fight than he has in any game so far. Played the last 10 minutes of the game with 4 fouls but still played well. In terms of raw talent, he's the best true center Happy has recruited here. If he can stay out of foul trouble he's got the tools to be a monster once we hit league play...but he's got to avoid the fouls, and he's got to keep his head and not get T'd up, etc.

* Erik Bell is never likely to be a scorer but he does reasonably well running the offense and showed that he can really be a lock-down defender at times. Need that to be more consistent as defensively he's better than either Redix or Dzierzawski.

* Evan Milligan is a real steal as a walk-on. He would be a scholarship player for many D2 teams.

* In general, the team did not give up Saturday. The previous 3 games, including the WKU exh and the 2 in Detroit, they seemed to basically quit playing in the second half. Granted, they didn't manage to get the comeback win in this one, but they fought their tails off down the stretch, which is good to see. It's progress.

I do want to note, too, that last year this same AU-M team came in and a much better (by all accounts) KWC team was only able to squeak out a 3 point win against them. I have a feeling that has a lot to do with their coach being a former KWC player.

And just one final note - I saw where someone derisively responded to alumnifan's comment about hiring Rod Drake to take over the program, something along the lines of being stupid to rely on a former player or some such thing. The last time KWC hired a former KWC player to run the program it was Ray Harper and ended up going to 6 straight national title games. Obviously that saga didn't end particularly well...but that period was one of the highest points of our program nonetheless.

As for Happy, I don't know if he'll be back. Based on comments on the radio show last night it sounds like the issue is exhaustion brought on by 38 years of coaching. If that's the case, it's easy to see how this would just lead to retirement. If that does happen, I wish Happy the best. If he comes back, I'll welcome him back. If we DO end up hiring a new coach, I hope we can land someone young and energetic. I haven't seen what Jason Mayes can do with a team long enough to know if he's right for the job. I suspect we'll get a feel for that question in the coming weeks. I do think Brett Miller should get serious consideration if it comes to that. And I agree we should not limit ourselves to current staff but should look nationally for someone who can get us back to being a national power.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
        He doesn't need me for an agent, Coach Herdes has a tremendous coaching record and proven skills to speak for his credentials. If KWC hires Coach Herdes they will be back atop the G-MAC in a year.
        Just to play devil's advocate here....why isn't he coaching somewhere then?

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

As for Happy, I don't know if he'll be back. Based on comments on the radio show last night it sounds like the issue is exhaustion brought on by 38 years of coaching. If that's the case, it's easy to see how this would just lead to retirement. If that does happen, I wish Happy the best. If he comes back, I'll welcome him back. If we DO end up hiring a new coach, I hope we can land someone young and energetic. I haven't seen what Jason Mayes can do with a team long enough to know if he's right for the job. I suspect we'll get a feel for that question in the coming weeks. I do think Brett Miller should get serious consideration if it comes to that. And I agree we should not limit ourselves to current staff but should look nationally for someone who can get us back to being a national power.
          Do you really think it's just "exhaustion"? Honest question.

Man, I understand that there certainly could be some underlying medical issue and it's nobody's business what it really is, but if it's truly just exhaustion, I wouldn't want that coach to spend 1 more second leading my program. Does he expect his players to keep playing when they get tired?

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
            Do you really think it's just "exhaustion"? Honest question.

Man, I understand that there certainly could be some underlying medical issue and it's nobody's business what it really is, but if it's truly just exhaustion, I wouldn't want that coach to spend 1 more second leading my program. Does he expect his players to keep playing when they get tired?
            I don't know the answer to that. It really could be any number of things. I'm just stating what they said on the show.

And expecting players to keep playing when tired is hardly the same thing as clinical exhaustion. They weren't talking about the guy was kind of worn out so he's taking a break. He was ordered by his doctor to take a break.

Comment

I don't know the answer to that. It really could be any number of things. I'm just stating what they said on the show.

And expecting players to keep playing when tired is hardly the same thing as clinical exhaustion. They weren't talking about the guy was kind of worn out so he's taking a break. He was ordered by his doctor to take a break.
              Gotcha. If that's the case, there has to be some clinical signs that would warrant that...high blood pressure, extreme fatigue, etc.

Then again, it's probably a good thing he's not punching a time clock somewhere. Coaches have different hours than a normal job, especially during the season, but overall most of them work less than a lot of folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

Comment

Let's all just stop the BS, shall we? Alumnifan, I apologize and promise in the future to do my best to not be a dick when you say something I don't agree with. I don't appreciate being threatened but it is what it is and I'm not holding a grudge. USI morons even though you're on ignore it'd be really great if you'd stop junking up our thread with your idiocy. I'm not sure what you're saying except when someone quotes you...but I know it has to be stupid.
                  I apologize as well. Everything is cool. It's just frustration. Chris Freige is an OUTSTANDING hire for our new wrestling team. He is young, very experienced, and was a D2 National Runner Up and a 5A State Champion in High School. He is tough as nails and a great person. I shared Wesleyan's Facebook post on him for a day. All anybody cares about is UK and UL. However, the high school wrestling coaches in this region are quickly finding out about him.

Comment

I wish Coach Osborne the best, as do everyone who cares about the program. The fact that his medical leave was voluntary leaves little to the imagination. I'm sure Joel detested me by the end of Todd Lee's tenure. However, Coach Lee sent me an email after he moved and it was positive. He knew I was a sometimes lunatic, but he appreciated me for my better traits. I am an outstanding fan late in the game when the Panthers tie the game and are poised to win the Big Game or a Championship.

There is nothing athletically more exciting for me as when the Sportscenter Spirit fills the stands and the entire arena. It is tangible and I can feel it. The players feel it and I feel it now as I write this. KWC Basketball winning Championships IS our tradition. Our newest tradition will be Championship Wrestling. Write IT Down!

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                      I wish Coach Osborne the best, as do everyone who cares about the program. The fact that his medical leave was voluntary leaves little to the imagination. I'm sure Joel detested me by the end of Todd Lee's tenure. However, Coach Lee sent me an email after he moved and it was positive. He knew I was a sometimes lunatic, but he appreciated me for my better traits. I am an outstanding fan late in the game when the Panthers tie the game and are poised to win the Big Game or a Championship.

There is nothing athletically more exciting for me as when the Sportscenter Spirit fills the stands and the entire arena. It is tangible and I can feel it. The players feel it and I feel it now as I write this. KWC Basketball winning Championships IS our tradition. Our newest tradition will be Championship Wrestling. Write IT Down!
                      The head coach is the key ingredient to success. It takes passion and energy to have the will to win. Panthers basketball is at the proverbial crossroads. MRDOD.

Comment

Shorter has a large in depth article with statistics and commentary on the KWC game today. Meanwhile, there is not one word on the KWC athletic website about the Annual Basketball Classic. The women's basketball team, however, is still undefeated.

I'm sure there are admistrators from the top down who have been asking themselves, "how in the world did our money making basketball machine go straight in the dumpster?" Good question! The women's program has been consistantly good under the Nieman coaching staff.

Now, it seems as if the college does not want to even admit they have a men's basketball team. The reality of what all of this could mean is stunningly frightful.

My blood niece hooked up with her husband at KWC, even though they both attended Henderson County. He graduated and she transferred to Oakland City. My nephew by marriage asked me yesterday if the team still played in the Sportscenter? I'm not sure if they are even going to have a men's basketball team next year, and my nephew may know more than he let on. He played four years on the KWC soccer team and seemingly hates the college.

Believe it or not?
                        Last edited by alumnifan; 11-24-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Shorter has a large in depth article with statistics and commentary on the KWC game today. Meanwhile, there is not one word on the KWC athletic website about the Annual Basketball Classic. The women's basketball team, however, is still undefeated.

I'm sure there are admistrators from the top down who have been asking themselves, "how in the world did our money making basketball machine go straight in the dumpster?" Good question! The women's program has been consistantly good under the Nieman coaching staff.

Now, it seems as if the college does not want to even admit they have a men's basketball team. The reality of what all of this could mean is stunningly frightful.

My blood niece hooked up with her husband at KWC, even though they both attended Henderson County. He graduated and she transferred to Oakland City. My nephew by marriage asked me yesterday if the team still played in the Sportscenter? I'm not sure if they are even going to have a men's basketball team next year, and my nephew may know more than he let on. He played four years on the KWC soccer team and seemingly hates the college.

Believe it or not?
                          Can anyone tell me how the football program is funded. Surely the new President would not let that happen

Comment

The men's basketball team pulled out a home win against Shorter.

They stand at 2-4. Huge crowd, like Trump's hands. Unless a miracle happens those W's will become more precious as time goes by. I counted maybe 75 on the weak side. So, maybe 200 to 250 max in actual attendance. Kids always come in at the half when the window closes.

This year's team has money flying out the window with little coming in.
                            Last edited by alumnifan; 11-25-2017, 05:01 AM.

Comment

The men's basketball team pulled out a home win against Shorter.

They stand at 2-4.
                              pulling out a Shawty is always a good idea

Comment

In other news, we actually played like Panthers today!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X