Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

We have one more for sure. I doubt Jay Johnson has full ride but I do not think Happy likes to split scholarships very much.

We have 7 players that had or could get D1 offers. I'm wonder if they would take less than full ride.

I think we will look a lot like USI last year. Strong guard play lots of threes. No one as good as Taylor or Stein but a better 4 and better defense. What Jay can add is unknown. He was very good with good knees. Not much skill left but I suspect Happy is still looking for a big.

Comment

We get one more big to add depth down low to Harris (who we all KNOW is good) and Quinn (who by everything I've heard is also quite good) and I think we'll be quite competitive in the conference and also the region.

Comment

Quinn can be good but needs game time. He will not win games for us but may very well keep us from losing games. Due to his jumping ability our guards will not be double teamed. If double teamed lobs will there for him and that is his strength.

Cardwell is a sleeper. He has played with very good players and has gotten better each year. A smaller version of Stanford with a better shot and ball handling. He will fit nicely into a three guard line up. Last year the three ball killed us even when winning should not happen this year. We can play tough hard nosed defense ,on three ball shooters, and a player getting fouls will not hurt much.

Comment

Two new ball teams coming to KWC.

Comment

The VC Roster has been updated. 10 scholarship players are on the team now if Elkins is out another year.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
              The VC Roster has been updated. 10 scholarship players are on the team now if Elkins is out another year.
              By Happy not signing any High School Seniors tells me Happy doesn't believe he will be here in 4 years

Comment

He has offer plenty high schools. They all have D1 stars in their eyes.

Comment

Do not start making our thread sound like USI bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                    He has offer plenty high schools. They all have D1 stars in their eyes.
                    Bellermine does it successfully why can't we, the D2 school that has the most championship banners hanging up? It's easier to sign juco, transfer players than a quality high school kid

Comment

Quite a few reasons. The Bellarmine name is more relevant. 17 year old kids don't care about what happened in the 60s. Bellarmine has a coach who makes kids better players. Academically Bellarmine is a better option and Louisville is a far more attractive place to spend 4 years.

QUOTE=Purplebuckeye;2061586]Bellermine does it successfully why can't we, the D2 school that has the most championship banners hanging up? It's easier to sign juco, transfer players than a quality high school kid[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                        Quite a few reasons. The Bellarmine name is more relevant. 17 year old kids don't care about what happened in the 60s. Bellarmine has a coach who makes kids better players. Academically Bellarmine is a better option and Louisville is a far more attractive place to spend 4 years.

QUOTE=Purplebuckeye;2061586]Bellermine does it successfully why can't we, the D2 school that has the most championship banners hanging up? It's easier to sign juco, transfer players than a quality high school kid
                        [/QUOTE]

I agree with a lot of what you said with the exception of being current than the 60's, although today's kids only aware of 2000 on. I still think Happy could bring on one freshman a year, not to much to ask

Comment

Have they completely finished the work at the Sportscenter? Did the city put a new roof on it?

Comment

I have been thinking about Brandon Johnson. He was the type of player who pound for pound was often the strongest player on the court at any time in that regard. He is one of the best athletic defensive guards I have seen at Wesleyan. He is not the best, but he would be close.

Dom Dawson is the best Center KWC has had after the Harper era. Tubby Smith gave him to KWC from Minnesota. I heard a rumor that Tubby lobbied KWC to get his son Saul hired as head coach after Todd Lee left.

The last basketball game I saw at Roberts Stadium was UE v. KWC. Todd Lee would accept a loss like that one and the loss to South Carolina in Frank Martin's first season.

Wesleyan would have won both of those games if the officiating was fair, and if you think referees hired for those games don't know their role in exhibition games, you are confused.

However, Happy's best games against Louisville and Western Kentucky were pretty surprising. The WKU game sort of took Stansbury by surprise. WKU has always been cordial. They will usually call a fair game with Wesleyan.

This upcoming season is a complete mystery to all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                              I have been thinking about Brandon Johnson. He was the type of player who pound for pound was often the strongest player on the court at any time in that regard. He is one of the best athletic defensive guards I have seen at Wesleyan. He is not the best, but he would be close.

Dom Dawson is the best Center KWC has had after the Harper era. Tubby Smith gave him to KWC from Minnesota. I heard a rumor that Tubby lobbied KWC to get his son Saul hired as head coach after Todd Lee left.

The last basketball game I saw at Roberts Stadium was UE v. KWC. Todd Lee would accept a loss like that one and the loss to South Carolina in Frank Martin's first season.

Wesleyan would have won both of those games if the officiating was fair, and if you think referees hired for those games don't know their role in exhibition games, you are confused.

However, Happy's best games against Louisville and Western Kentucky were pretty surprising. The WKU game sort of took Stansbury by surprise. WKU has always been cordial. They will usually call a fair game with Wesleyan.

This upcoming season is a complete mystery to all of us.
                              I agree, I guess I need to wait to see who else we get? This team could be just a few games above 500 or a tournament team, you just don't know. You know Harris and Hatton can ball, but the rest you don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                                I agree, I guess I need to wait to see who else we get? This team could be just a few games above 500 or a tournament team, you just don't know. You know Harris and Hatton can ball, but the rest you don't know
                                Brandon Hatton is going to improve. He's a tough player who will probably start. The team atmosphere last year for him as a newcomer seemed uncomfortable for him. I would like to see him drive more. He has the strength to.

Harris could average over 30 ppg. He was very mature this past season. He accepted his role well as a first year player.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X