Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Agreed.....In many ways this is a complete rebuilding effort, if done the correct way. Three years fans will be able to see if the trend line is favorable or not.

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
    I do agree with you, u have to give him at least 3 years to see if he is building the program back up. We are not use to high school players, and evaluating them

Comment

Unless I'm forgetting anyone, Coach Cooper has now signed more high school players - in the first part of his first recruiting class which still has at least 6 more scholarships to give - than Happy signed during his entire tenure. In fact, I'm not sure Happy signed a single scholarship high school player other than Ken Jah Bosley. Maybe 2 if you count Colton Elkins, who never put on a KWC jersey (admittedly through no fault of Happy's). Other than those two guys, the only high school players we've had sign were Hunter Noffsinger (walk-on), Jacob Overton (walk-on), Latrelle Irvin (walk-on). Now that I think of it the kid from Spain came in as a freshman but I think he was a walk-on as well. He transferred out anyway. Can anyone come up with any others that I'm forgetting??

So I am pleased to see Cooper actually out there signing 4 year players. I do think he's going to have to mix in at least a couple of transfers before this first class is complete, if the goal is to be competitive right off the bat. But, that said, there's still what...4 months of recruiting before school starts in the fall? Let's see what he puts together before we rush to judgement. If we're looking at a rebuilding process - and I think we can all agree that we are - patience is going to be very important.

Comment

Well said..Happy and other coaches depended on the players to win games. Cooper will need to depend on real coaching and players that will listen and execute. From what I can tell these four can shoot.

They will not over power but will try to out work other teams. Should be fun to watch and hopefully see them improve.

I am pretty sure we have signed a D1 transfer that is 6'7" but played almost 0 at his old school. 200 lbs of pure bone. But he loves basketball.

I think we are headed down an okay path. I do think Cooper made a mistake but not talking to players Jayson had recruited. I hope that does change. SIU has already signed one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
          Unless I'm forgetting anyone, Coach Cooper has now signed more high school players - in the first part of his first recruiting class which still has at least 6 more scholarships to give - than Happy signed during his entire tenure. In fact, I'm not sure Happy signed a single scholarship high school player other than Ken Jah Bosley. Maybe 2 if you count Colton Elkins, who never put on a KWC jersey (admittedly through no fault of Happy's). Other than those two guys, the only high school players we've had sign were Hunter Noffsinger (walk-on), Jacob Overton (walk-on), Latrelle Irvin (walk-on). Now that I think of it the kid from Spain came in as a freshman but I think he was a walk-on as well. He transferred out anyway. Can anyone come up with any others that I'm forgetting??

So I am pleased to see Cooper actually out there signing 4 year players. I do think he's going to have to mix in at least a couple of transfers before this first class is complete, if the goal is to be competitive right off the bat. But, that said, there's still what...4 months of recruiting before school starts in the fall? Let's see what he puts together before we rush to judgement. If we're looking at a rebuilding process - and I think we can all agree that we are - patience is going to be very important.

I'm happy with the new coach. He is in a difficult position. I don't blame him.

But that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with pointing out that this season is shaping up to be a disaster.
          It is what it is.

Comment

What does "disaster" mean?

Comment

I prefer rebuilding instead of disaster. You guys were right Bosley was it, recruited as high school senior and graduated. I have *****ed about Happy not recruiting high school players for 3 years. Cooper recruiting high school players goes to show you it can be done and it shows me what a lazy a.. Happy was. Wonder how that mystery illness is effecting him. I believe it had to do with the runaway train he built with a lot of headaches players that came from other programs, and he realized its been four and half years with out a post season victory.
              Enough about lazy. We should look at next year as new, fun, growth, not a diaster. Now last year was a dumpster fire lol

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                What does "disaster" mean?
                Being uncompetitive in a majority of games.

Comment

Fair enough..must it be a double digit loss to be uncompetitive? What if they win their last 7 games still a disaster?

Comment

Fair enough..must it be a double digit loss to be uncompetitive? What if they win their last 7 games still a disaster?
                    If a young team improved so much that they won their last 7 games....that would be ok.....but under this scenario, they would have to have been really bad, to win their last seven and still not qualify for the conference tournament.

Comment

If they win their last seven games they would never have made the conference tournament, because if they made the conference tournament and won all three games and became conference champions they would then have to win six more games to become national champions. So, if they won their last 7 games that is 2 games short of making the conference tournament. Therefore, if they won their last seven games and never made the conference tournament, I would not call that a great season. Is that what you mean?

Comment

KWC is definitely rebuilding this season. We cannot expect a great deal from these players coming in. The new coach has signed some good players, but there is still not a lot of size yet. Now, he needs to recruit some bigs and see where it goes. If he is going to recruit all freshmen, it is going to be more difficult for him to get bigs from the high school ranks. He is going to have to get bigs from the junior college ranks or DI transfers. I prefer the DI transfers because they have already proven their academic ability or cheated their heads off at a large school. So, we are screwed either way. LOL! Everything will be cool. I have the crystal ball.

It is almost time for Brandon to strip me of all my rep power for the fourth time. This could be the magic post.
                        Last edited by alumnifan; 05-03-2018, 01:46 AM.

Comment

And just when I thought it was miserable to be a usi fan. I can look at this board and realize things could be worse.

Comment

Well said..Happy and other coaches depended on the players to win games. Cooper will need to depend on real coaching and players that will listen and execute. From what I can tell these four can shoot.

They will not over power but will try to out work other teams. Should be fun to watch and hopefully see them improve.

I am pretty sure we have signed a D1 transfer that is 6'7" but played almost 0 at his old school. 200 lbs of pure bone. But he loves basketball.

I think we are headed down an okay path. I do think Cooper made a mistake but not talking to players Jayson had recruited. I hope that does change. SIU has already signed one of them.
                            Who's the potential D1 transfer? Or you can get back at me for only hinting about the coaching search by dropping some hints and making me work for the info...

Comment

from Ray

Comment

Huh, from their roster I'm assuming you mean the kid from Israel. Hasn't been announced as transferring yet, but that doesn't mean anything. Have we ever had a player from there? I'm betting not!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X