Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure hope the on site roster is f....up. Is it so hard to get pictures and names to add?

Comment

• Looking at the old roster makes me realize just how weak we were last year.

Comment

• It's not f'd up they just haven't added the 6 newcomers yet.

Comment

• That's what I think also but I do wonder why.

Comment

• Coach Bezold gave KWC all kinds when he was at NKU. His hire is an unusual, but very interesting hire. I think he will add a lot to the program. Obviously, he has been a mentor to the Head Coach. Bezold knows how to coach and he knows about KWC. So, he is going to work hard to bring KWC back to where it should be. They will be competitive in every game they play. The exhibition games are good for a program. The D1 exhibitions up the intensity of the team's play even when they lose all the games, these are payout games too. A team like Wesleyan can make good money in these exhibitions (however, the program has played in much bigger D1 games per attendance and payout) and the D1 programs make money by bringing in a D2 8 time National Champion. That fact cannot be taken away from the program ever, and they need to work on 9 in a very serious manner. They have the coaching staff, the recruits are solid this year. I expect they could finish in the top 3 of the G-MAC, and make a run in the conference tournament. Either they do that or some folks are going to be asking why the program is not where it should be, and a coaching change will be considered. And, I am not being harsh. KWC has to continue to push to be in the NCAA tournament. The D2 NCAA tournament is a KWC TRADITION! That should never be forgotten.

I also like the fact that KWC will have some strong games under their belt before they play USI. The Samford game could be interesting. I really would rather see them play these kinds of exhibitions as opposed to playing Louisville or even a UK. They have done that in the past and I don't think it helped the team, IMO. There were some exceptions when the KWC team was contending for a National Championship that season when they were a relatively competitive basketball team against the likes of Louisville and other strong D1 programs.

2019-2020 Roster Link: https://kwcpanthers.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
            2019-2020 Schedule Link: https://kwcpanthers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
            Channel 14 Article Link: https://www.14news.com/2019/09/11/co...tion-schedule/
            Last edited by alumnifan; 09-12-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• I saw this, and was surprised to not see Deng in the picture. Anyone know if he is still on the team? Also looks like a lot of the boys hit the weight room this off-season!

Comment

• Everything I have heard/read says he is on campus. I think I also see some growth/weight added. For a guy that was a transfer Jay now has purple blood.

Comment

• I haven't heard anything to indicate Deng isn't around, and he's listed on the roster with the other returnees whereas the guys who left were removed. He probably had class or something when this was going on, that's not real uncommon for things this time of year since they're not full-on into practice season yet.

I'm a bit annoyed that the new players still aren't listed on the roster, but with that being said, in this picture all 6 are present and accounted for.

Comment

• Did anyone see practice tonight?

Comment

• No, unfortunately I had a prior commitment. I was very interested in seeing the team!

Comment

• I unfortunately didn't make it out either. I was really trying, but things didn't work out. I'm anxious to see the team. Last year they ran the Purple v. White Scrimmage at the Sportscenter the last Saturday of October. Hopefully they will do that again and we will only be about a month out from seeing the team on the court.

Comment

• Thanks..we all are wanting to see how/if the new guys make this team better.

Comment

• Nice, but short, update on the team on the M-I site. Includes a picture of Deng, for those that were wondering ;-)

Comment

• We have a roster...not much info but everyone is there. The wbb team lost four players maybe their best player and several that make very nice contributions for several years. they replaced them with three all state players, a MVP from an all star game, a D1 transfer that was injured last year and a couple of true point guards. This year they have players that love to rebound. That has always been an issue with their teams. Going to fun at the SC this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X