Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not going to give all the reasons I think we got screwed by he GLVC once again. I will say I have totally changed my mind about supporting these guys and their coach. Earlier I was ready to give up hope. After watching them tonight I believe they deserve our support and I believe will get better much better. But for one team I think the G-MAC is down from last year and we can be better. Do not forget we have two more players coming.

Comment

• I agree. This was the first time this season I was proud of their effort. Let's build from here !

Comment

• Congratulations to the KWC Panthers for their effort tonight, they were not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe by reading the posts here. Your weakness appeared to be with your bigs. Your guards played very well and were the only reason that y 'all led at half.

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
          Congratulations to the KWC Panthers for their effort tonight, they were not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe by reading the posts here. Your weakness appeared to be with your bigs. Your guards played very well and were the only reason that y 'all led at half.

Comment

• I appreciate the kind words from the USI guys. If we can play like we did in the first half last night all the time, we'll be just fine. The problem is, thus far, that first half is an extreme outlier compared to the rest of our court time from the season. It does give me hope, though. I'm proud of the guys for going out there like they did. We now just have to put it together and play some entire games with that kind of energy.

All last season and so far this season our Achilles heel has been spells of being completely incapable of scoring. To be honest, our defensive effort has been mostly good and at some points great. But defense doesn't win games all by itself. You still have to score points - it doesn't matter if you hold a high scoring team to 56 if you can only put up 53. I sincerely hope this scoring drought stuff isn't endemic to Coach Cooper's system because if so, we're never going to challenge for a conference title (let alone an Elite 8) with him as the coach. For now I'm going to continue to believe that he can right the ship and get these guys producing like they should. We honestly do not have bad players - we're not the most athletic team out there but we've got guys who can play...the question just remains WILL they?

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
              Congratulations to the KWC Panthers for their effort tonight, they were not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe by reading the posts here. Your weakness appeared to be with your bigs. Your guards played very well and were the only reason that y 'all led at half.
              We're currently short handed down low but get 2 guys that should contribute in mid-December.

Comment

• I hope that your team is deeper than #5 as well, it seemed like he was carrying the team on his back with point production. Best of luck to you all this season, I'm sure the best is yet to come.

Comment

• After reading your thread I really expected KWC to be pretty bad. Your guards played well...agree with Whip that the weakness is in the paint but I don't think the ceiling is falling in in Owensboro.

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                  I agree. This was the first time this season I was proud of their effort. Let's build from here !

Comment

• I watched Caleb Nieman coach against Drury in the Midwest Regional and was very impressed. He maintained composure and was effectively teaching his team through adversity. He was a class act in every way. It was refreshing to watch after the classless crap I saw in the Women's GLVC Final from the opposition.

If Coach Cooper handles himself like Caleb Nieman, I will bet money he is successful.

Comment

• The Niemans are excellent coaches and even better people.

Comment

• Caleb was more noticeable because he never sat down. Analytical, patient, encouraging, respectful.

Comment

• The Niermans recruits get better each year. I think parents and players see what you talk about and want to be part of it. A strength of the team is player leadership. Something bad (I do not know what) did happen last year but it seems to be handled and has 0 affect on this team.

WBB has signed three really strong players for next year.

Comment

• I hope to hell the student body learned how much fun it is to support the teams of KWC. Last nigh at VB game was special.

Comment

• You're right. The videos I saw showed an absolutely electric environment at the HRC. On a side note, I told my wife if the boys lose to OCU tonight I'm not going to another game all season. She told me she doesn't believe me at all, and I'm hoping we don't have to find out if I meant it or not.....

Comment

• I don't think we'll lose to OCU. I also didn't think we'd lose to Urbana, though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X