Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW my interest is just as high as ever. And I'm hoping everyone missing sports means an increase in attendance early in the coming season. The big question will be whether the team is improved and performs enough to keep that attendance increase or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
      Question of the day: This years KWC class has something I have never seen in a class. It maybe the first time ever in one class. What is it??
      No idea

Comment

• Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
        Question of the day: This years KWC class has something I have never seen in a class. It maybe the first time ever in one class. What is it??
        Could this "something" happen at any school or is it unique to KWC?

Comment

• I also have no guess as to what your riddle is referring to and would be very interested to know the answer!

I have a different kind of question - will Dave Bezold be returning to the bench this year even though his son is now graduated?

Comment

• Thanks for the response. Nice to see there is at least two of us :)

I think/hope Dave is still around. I never thought he was a great coach but I think he adds somethings we need. I would like to see him work with our PF and centers. While we do not have anyone that will dominate games I think if we mix and match them at the right time they together could average high teens in points and rebounds. Understanding roles is important and Dave could do that.

Riddle: Out of a class of six we have added three lefties. Not sure I have ever seen that.

We also added two players that do not need the ball/shots to help his team win. Lockett and Murrell help their teams win without taking a bunch of shots. Both shoot over 50% so they make the most of the shots that do come to them. You really really have to watch the game to understand how these two were able to play so much on outstanding teams. Both have a game that helps the stars of their team do their thing.

I have time on my hands so I watch videos...full games are so much better than highlights. I think last years KWC
            class was better but until late in the season it disappointed. This year class adds players where we clearly need help. We need to replace our best player with shooters and returnees need to play better from day one.

Comment

• Interesting riddle and answer. I can assure you i have lost no interest either! I'm probably more interested than last year because of the run the boys strung together there at the end. I like our returners, and I like some of the talent coming in. I'll be very interested to see who the starting PG is.

It will be interesting to see the offense WITHOUT Goetz. Top scorer and the offense generally ran through him. Can't wait to hear what they change the name of the play "X goetzy" too. Like that wasn't a dead giveaway every time! I'm hoping that Wyatt comes back more confident. He can be a big scorer when he is on. Really just hoping the SC is open and games are on come November!

Comment

• PG play HAS to be better this year. I think/hope Jo will be better. with his strength he can get mid range shots just needs to get a better touch. Wilson is the only true PG and he can score as well. He is very good a driving and dumping off for a dunk. He will earn minutes. Dixon has practiced being a PG for sever years and can bring some things the slower players do not bring. He does waste too much ball control with jerky fakes that do nothing.

We have added players that showed in High school/juco that they can shoot. Cooper just has to get them the shoots they can hit.

Comment

• AB for Ashland is a good deal. I wish AB well. It good to have them in the conference.

Comment

• Does anyone know what is wrong with Jo? Coop said he may redshirt this year. Speaking of redshirts I wish we would get our D1 transfers to get another year.

Shooting should increase from last year. PG scoring should be much stronger. I think we will see more driving by stronger additions. GMAC is hard to figure but we should be in the top 5.

Comment

• I doubt anybody knows much of anything right now. There's never an overabundance of media coverage and information coming direct from KWC during the off season anyway, and with the current state of things it's been even less. Still, it was refreshing to see the story break last night about the addition of Tre Cobbs. With him only having one year of eligibility left I'm guessing that means it's almost 100% certain Jo will have to take a medical redshirt for whatever it is that's wrong with him. Cooper has openly avoided signing one year guys, so this makes me think we know we're down one for the year. The players we've added have the look and feel of real D2 basketball players, whereas the last couple of years we've relied on guys that were less athletic. I feel like we're on the right track for personnel at least...now we just have to actually HAVE a baksetball season.

Comment

• Good points...football must lead the way if we are going to have basketball. Looking at MBB high school experience we should have a really good team. Many have played on really good teams (state champs or went really deep into state tourney) with good D1 and pro players. I worry about Coop's not being good with rotations. It took him almost all of last season before he found a team that could win. Morrison when open can shoot with anyone if he can replace Goetz's points it will be a winning year. But for Goetz every addition is better than players that left.

Comment

• Former UK basketball player Jon Hood has been added to the KWC staff in an assistant coach role for the coming season.

Comment

• I do like the two new coaching positions with Coach McFarland and Coach Hood. These guys have played the game all of their lives. I think it's a good exchange after the absence of Coach Bezold. Cardell was one the toughest guards I have ever seen at Wesleyan. He could jump out of the gym. Hood played at UK and grew up locally. You will see a better team this season. These guys want to be at Wesleyan and they will help draw more fans. Both are pros. Very Good Move by KWC Athletic Director.

Comment

• I am hoping the new basketball additions will help Wesleyan make the Regional this year. This team has good reach, better size at the forward positions, and hopelly a better look at the 1 and 2 spots.

Comment

• Agreed, Cardell tried to help out late in the season during the Jason Mays disaster but 95% of the players on that team were head cases. He can be a huge benefit to a team with players that truly want to listen and improve their games. And the Jon Hood connection will bring in some fans - maybe not in droves, but any kind of UK connection will draw in a few folks at least. It sounds like we will be able to be more physical this year, which has been really lacking - hopefully the improvements will show up in the standings and not just on paper.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X