Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWC should get the W today. East-West is 0-9. Average losing by 20 to NAIA competition and 35 to NCAA II teams (UMSL and Purdue-NW)

Comment

• 39 point win and a 3 digit KWC score was good to see. But they still looked sloppy to start the game.

Comment

• So Tuesday's game was interesting. First of all, Harris Stowe plays harder than any 0-5 team I've ever seen. Their guys were at full throttle all night, regardless of the score. I wish ours would play with that kind of energy all the time. At halftime we were up by what...5?...and that was simply because they played harder than we did. In the second half our guys came out playing harder and it showed. If we can play like we did in that second half from now on we're going to win a lot of games. So far, in the Cooper era, we have not proven to be able to do that, though. So I guess we'll see. Historically under Cooper we've come out and played like that in a game or two and it looked like we've finally turned a corner ... only to come out flat and sleepwalking in the next game.

Northwood on Saturday ... on paper this should be an easy win. Northwood hasn't looked good at all so far this year. That being said, we have yet to show any spark of being able to play on the road. So it will be very interesting to see what we do.

I will say this, I do like this team. From what I've seen so far, the players seem to be a little more high caliber than some that Cooper's brought in. I mean, Battaile and Griffin were high caliber, and some others, don't get me wrong. But these guys feel more like an actual KWC team. So when it comes down to it, in my opinion, if Cooper can't be more successful with this group, he's not going to be with any group.

Comment

• I'm wondering if it's just a cultural thing with Cooper that causes dead starts. Does he not like them having fun before the games? Teams of past coaches generally seemed amped at the beginning of games. Hell, Happy's teams used to dance during introductions. Cooper's teams NEVER seem excited to play ball, regardless of the opponent. There are times we've hosted Findlay and Hillsdale and I think I'm more excited to yell at the game than they are to play.

I also like the team. I think if Cooper figures out the rotation they can compete for GMAC title.

Comment

• After all these years I just don't share your optimism. We are 0-3 vs DII (18-3), 2-0 vs NAIA (7-14), and 1-0 vs winless USCAA. I expect this team to perform like those in the past. Games where they play well, games where they poor and end up in middle of G-MAC. I stick by what I said when Cooper was hired....men's team will look like women's team...around 10 loses a year on average with a great season every 5-10 years that results in a NCAA bid.
            Last edited by WKYDave; 12-04-2022, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• We beat Northwood by 2, in overtime. I like that we won, but in years past we win this game by 20 in our sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                We beat Northwood by 2, in overtime. I like that we won, but in years past we win this game by 20 in our sleep.
                Northwood averaged losing by 14 points....including a 9 point home lose to a NAIA school. So you are correct...a victory is a victory but this was not by the margin it should have been.

Comment

• I went into yesterday's game against Cedarville hoping we could be competitive with them. I never expected us to blow them out. If we can play like that in every game we're easily the best team in the G-MAC. We'll see if it was an aberration or if Cooper's finally gotten these guys to turn the corner. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Comment

• Well that lasted all of 5 minutes. Give up 21 three pointers in a game. Wonder if anyone thought at some point hmm maybe we should guard the perimeter?

Comment

• ... ugh ...

Comment

• 3-8 Michigan Tech should provide them with a double digit victory. Anything less, or a loss, is very bad news indeed. Remember KWC is 2-5 against D2 competition this year. In fact, omitting the COVID year, the last time KWC had a winning record in D2 competition was 2016-17.

Comment

• That's a heck of a trip for Tech.

Comment

• When it comes down to it our issue right now is we're pretty good at home but can't play worth a rip on the road. I have a little hope left that they'll figure it out and live up to their potential, but my gut tells me we're looking at another year of Cooper telling us how close they are.

Comment

• If all I knew of KWC was the games I’ve seen live…I’d be booking Elite 8 hotel rooms….but of course, we know more than that…and it’ll be another .500 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawson View Post
                                If all I knew of KWC was the games I’ve seen live…I’d be booking Elite 8 hotel rooms….but of course, we know more than that…and it’ll be another .500 season.
                                So painfully accurate. The games I've seen live have been impressive. And then there's all the other ones....

I'll be interested to see how they come out this weekend following the break. They generally come back slow under Cooper. That mixed with a road game is probably a recipe for a double digit L.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X