Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USI starting lineup in 2016-17

Based on several conversations I've had with those in the know, this would be the probable starters on Nov. 1 for USI's exhibition game at Purdue:
    G-Bobo Drummond
    G-Alex Stein
    G-Jeril Taylor
    F-Julius Rajala
    C-Davis Carter
    TOP RESERVES: DayJar Dickson, Kyle Aiton, Cortez Macklin, Jacob Norman

The trio of guards USI has might be the best in the nation. The USI insiders says Rajala is a good rebounder, but somewhat mechanical offensively. Dickson could be the big surprise. Aiton is a key addition who can stroke it from long range. Norman will see plenty of minutes, as will Macklin. Marcellous Washington is a sleeper, very quick and a good passer. His problem is the depth at guard USI already has. He might redshirt, depending on several factors that will be determined later.

Re: USI starting lineup in 2016-17

Disagree with your assessment top reserves except Dickson have not seen him play but have seen the others play enough to know they are only average at best. Scary thought with carter being the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
      Disagree with your assessment top reserves except Dickson have not seen him play but have seen the others play enough to know they are only average at best. Scary thought with carter being the starter.
      These are not my assessments, they are from two people who have watched the preseason practices and today. I would say these people know who is going to be the top reserves, trust me. And, besides, there is no one else on the roster who was not mentioned, I don't believe.

Comment

I am also assuming you know T.J. Tisdell is no longer at USI. Some people are not aware of this fact, for some reason.

Comment

having davis carter is like having shaq, kareem, hakeem, and chamberlain all rolled into one #blessed

Comment

Yes, I'm aware and yes many people don't know because Watson didn't want to admit that another kid has left the program under his watch.

I've seen them play too like I said scary thought those are the top reserves cause they are not very good reserves.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherExpress View Post
              having davis carter is like having shaq, kareem, hakeem, and chamberlain all rolled into one #blessed
              Or, like having Jeff Fahnbullah and Carlos Skinner and Pieter van Altena all around for graduation ceremonies. #eligibility

Comment

Yes, I'm aware and yes many people don't know because Watson didn't want to admit that another kid has left the program under his watch.

I've seen them play too like I said scary thought those are the top reserves cause they are not very good reserves.
                I agree with you 100% about the way USI mishandled the lack of an announcement regarding Tisdell. Everyone around my place of business knew before the press in this area. USI, to my knowledge, still has not put out anything. One of my co-workers said USI was hoping nobody would notice T.J. had left. Hard to not notice a strong, athletic inside player MIA. USI blew this from a P.R. point of view, not getting out in front of this potentially troubling departure. I know why and understand his decision to leave. But many USI fans are not in the know and will assume the worst.

Those are indeed the top reserves. Let's be positive and hope for a big season!

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
                  Or, like having Jeff Fahnbullah and Carlos Skinner and Pieter van Altena all around for graduation ceremonies. #eligibility
                  Must be a ky thang. Like Cliff Clinton , Stevie wright, and Skinny Minnie

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                    They do seem to like ineligible players in the state of Kentucky. lol Don't forget Brandon Clifford at Bellarmine several years ago as well.

Comment

I almost forgot Marlon Parmer and Huggy Dye at KWC several years ago! they need to be included on the All-Ineligible list for the state of Kentucky. lol

Comment

You forgot two others: Antonio Garcia, Dana Williams, KWC.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
                          You forgot two others: Antonio Garcia, Dana Williams, KWC.
                          Lorico Duncan and Ronald Evans get dishonorable mention for the All-Ineligible list. lol

Comment

Not sure why your dumpster fire of a thread suddenly needed to turn to KWC bashing but so be it. We had 7 seniors last year and all 7 walked the line and received their degrees. Can USI say the same under Mr. "Not Really Winning That Much But Doing Things With Integrity" Watson?

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                              Not sure why your dumpster fire of a thread suddenly needed to turn to KWC bashing but so be it. We had 7 seniors last year and all 7 walked the line and received their degrees. Can USI say the same under Mr. "Not Really Winning That Much But Doing Things With Integrity" Watson?
                              Calm down, no one is bashing KWC. We were just having some fun at many of the "student-athletes" who have played in the GLVC even though many of us knew they were there for basketball only. And that's OK. I hate the hypocrisy of the NCAA and its dumb rules. USI and KWC have both been unfairly held under the microscope when they were national contenders while wannabes like Bellarmine, Northern Ky., IPFW, received little scrutiny. People at USI have told me for years Northern Ky. constantly recruited guys who should have never been in college much less play college basketball, but they were never called out for it. And it was NKU that turned in KWC to the GLVC and NCAA if you remember, not USI. Bellarmine with Davenport has brought in gems like Brandon Clifford, Dzaflo Larkai, Jeremy Kendle, guys who all had tons of baggage. IPFW did the same thing while in the GLVC, remember the Gibson brothers? So calm down, I respect the success of Ky. Wesleyan and all they have done in college basketball. I could care less if the players end up getting a degree in basket weaving or barber school techniques. I'm like you, I want to see great basketball without coaches cheating and getting caught like Herdes did.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X