• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UW Parkside Leaving GLVC for GLIAC

http://parksiderangers.com/news/2017...the-gliac.aspx

discuss....

Re: UW Parkside Leaving GLVC for GLIAC

I think everyone could see this coming...My question is whether the sanctions caused this or did the leaving the GLVC cause the sanctions?

Comment

Frankly, the move makes sense for UWP. With the GLVC becoming Missouri oriented, there is just too much distance. I would imagine Lewis and Indy could be next.

Comment

I'm surprised it took so long. The GLIAC needed teams, and the GLVC was at an odd number with 15 after St. Joseph's closed (which was another somewhat-close team for UWP).

Comment

C'mon, UINDY, head to the G-MAC!!!

Comment

Yeah, not too shocking, but best of luck to them -- it was interesting seeing their hoops program get stronger and stronger.

Kind of funny this popped up today as, last night, I had a vivid dream where Bellarmine started a football program and was playing at least that sport in the G-MAC.

Comment

Interesting. Lewis was really the only GLVC school in fairly close proximity to Parkside. In the GLIAC, Purdue Northwest is about the same distance. Beyond that, the distances to the "far" (all other) schools in the GLIAC and the GLVC are also similar.

Wondering if there will be other moves or if this is it.

Comment

Usually schools put a little tidbit in their release about the conference they are exiting, like "we have enjoyed being a member of the X conference for past X years and are grateful for......"

Nada.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                  Interesting. Lewis was really the only GLVC school in fairly close proximity to Parkside. In the GLIAC, Purdue Northwest is about the same distance. Beyond that, the distances to the "far" (all other) schools in the GLIAC and the GLVC are also similar.

Wondering if there will be other moves or if this is it.
                  I would think that this has to at least get UINDY thinking about a move. And if UINDY does move, I would think that maybe Ashland would take another look thought I doubt they leave. I do not feel that distance and the cost to travel matter to them at this point. Until that happens I think they stay in the GLIAC for the foreseeable future. Perhaps Lewis looks at moving as well, either league,( GMAC or GLIAC) would be similar in mileage correct? Tha leaves Bellarmine and I think they would jump to D1 before moving to the GMAC, although I think their non rev sports would take a beating. Could be an interesting year.

Comment

Originally posted by UFSwimDad View Post
                    I would think that this has to at least get UINDY thinking about a move. And if UINDY does move, I would think that maybe Ashland would take another look thought I doubt they leave. I do not feel that distance and the cost to travel matter to them at this point. Until that happens I think they stay in the GLIAC for the foreseeable future. Perhaps Lewis looks at moving as well, either league,( GMAC or GLIAC) would be similar in mileage correct? Tha leaves Bellarmine and I think they would jump to D1 before moving to the GMAC, although I think their non rev sports would take a beating. Could be an interesting year.
                    I have a weird feeling that UIndy would consider a move to the GLIAC solo (no other schools contingent). However, would only contemplate a G-MAC move if Ashland and/or Bellarmine jumped with them. Not that I think a UIndy move is necessarily gong to happen - but if it did, I see more strings attached to a potential G-MAC move.

Comment

BTW - on a related subject. I've heard nothing further regarding Benedictine (currently D3) and the GLVC. I had earlier heard that they might be the SJC replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                        I have a weird feeling that UIndy would consider a move to the GLIAC solo (no other schools contingent). However, would only contemplate a G-MAC move if Ashland and/or Bellarmine jumped with them. Not that I think a UIndy move is necessarily gong to happen - but if it did, I see more strings attached to a potential G-MAC move.
                        I would have to agree with you there. Totally blew that scenario off. That is prob the more realistic movie for them honestly. Would put them back with rival Ashland. Plus I believe their fan base would love to return to the GLIAC. This is prob the most realistic option.

Comment

My understanding is that the GLVC will add Benedictine out of Chicago and Southwest Baptist. Benedictine is closer to Lewis than Parkside was, and they play football, so that trade out should be a plus for both Lewis and Indy.

Actually, it's a plus for the whole conference travel wise...Benedictine is a couple hours closer to every other GLVC school than Parkside was.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                            My understanding is that the GLVC will add Benedictine out of Chicago and Southwest Baptist. Benedictine is closer to Lewis than Parkside was, and they play football, so that trade out should be a plus for both Lewis and Indy.

Actually, it's a plus for the whole conference travel wise...Benedictine is a couple hours closer to every other GLVC school than Parkside was.
                            Never mind you meant BWB and Benedictine have football

Comment

Originally posted by UFSwimDad View Post
                              Never mind you meant BWB and Benedictine have football
                              SBU already plays in the GLVC for football, but yes, I was talking about Benedictine.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X