X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC Predictions 2017-18

East

BU, Lewis, Indy, USI, UWP

Central(does anybody care, this division is not good)

UMSL, UIS, QU, maryville, mckendree

West

Drury, Truman, Rockhurst, S&T, WJ

The overall regular season should finish like this (I am predicting the standings, not actually who is the better team, i.e, I think Lewis is really the second best team in the conference but due to division placements Drury will edge them in conference record. Same thing for Rockhurst which will be a better team than anything in the Central but will pick up a loss or two more than UMSL due to schedule.)

1. BU
    2. Drury
    3. Lewis
    4. Indy
    5. USI
    6. Truman
    7. UMSL
    8. Rockhurst
    9. UWP
    10. UIS
    11. Quincy
    12. S&T
    13. Maryville
    14. McKendree
    15. WJ

Re: GLVC Predictions 2017-18

Solid rankings - I am not as high on Drury as in the past, but it will certainly help not being in the East. I still wonder how this current format was agreed upon as fair for all schools.

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
    East

West

The overall regular season should finish like this (I am predicting the standings, not actually who is the better team, i.e, I think Lewis is really the second best team in the conference but due to division placements Drury will edge them in conference record. Same thing for Rockhurst which will be a better team than anything in the Central but will pick up a loss or two more than UMSL due to schedule.)

1. BU
    2. Drury
    3. Lewis
    4. Indy
    5. USI
    6. Truman
    7. UMSL
    8. Rockhurst
    9. UWP
    10. UIS
    11. Quincy
    12. S&T
    13. Maryville
    14. McKendree
    15. WJ

Comment

Originally posted by druryfanther2011 View Post
      Solid rankings - I am not as high on Drury as in the past, but it will certainly help not being in the East. I still wonder how this current format was agreed upon as fair for all schools.
      It's about the bottom $ line and limiting the missed class time (remember, this is Div. II, not the jet-setting Div. I). How "strong" teams are can fluctuate on a year-by-year basis (Truman, for instance, has been strong since joining the GLVC but lost five solid seniors from last year's team -- lots of unknowns heading into this year).

Next year it will likely go back to a 14-team, 2-division set up with Parkside packing their bags.

Comment

I predict this message board will continue to provide us with much wackiness, including, but not limited to, numerous "LOLs."

Comment

This thread should be locked with this first ridiculous post. Lewis and Indy ahead of USI? Lol!

East

West

1. BU
          2. Drury
          3. Lewis
          4. Indy
          5. USI
          6. Truman
          7. UMSL
          8. Rockhurst
          9. UWP
          10. UIS
          11. Quincy
          12. S&T
          13. Maryville
          14. McKendree
          15. WJ

Comment

Good to see you coming around regarding Drury. Lol!

Originally posted by druryfanther2011 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
              This thread should be locked with this first ridiculous post. Lewis and Indy ahead of USI? Lol!
              Your username should be locked for your inane responses to anything that you perceive as criticism of USI. Lewis and Indy have several things going for them that USI lacks. Lewis made it to the GLVC championship game and returns most of their players along with the addition of an all conference guard in McCollum. Indy, next to BU, was the strongest team in the second half of the season and they return everyone. USI will be good but they really didn't add anyone to this years team and lost their leading scorer. There is quite a bit of evidence to back up my prediction, and unlike you I am approaching it with little bias (I actually prefer USI over either lewis or Indy)

Comment

On paper and past history suggests the central division may be week,however some of these team are making strides. Don't sleep on Mckendree!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rgerling View Post
                  On paper and past history suggests the central division may be week,however some of these team are making strides. Don't sleep on Mckendree!!
                  Remember despite 2.5 scholarships and facilities fit for a 1970s middle school old man Harry put it to Kimbo a few times. Especially the year Kimbo blew his WoD after a home win versus perennial powerhouse UMSL.

Comment

2.5 scholarships is incorrect,building built in 70's is correct,but probably bigger than most middle school facilities that I know about. That "old " coach you comment about must of been the real deal!!!

Comment

East

West

1. BU
                      2. Drury
                      3. Lewis
                      4. Indy
                      5. USI
                      6. Truman
                      7. UMSL
                      8. Rockhurst
                      9. UWP
                      10. UIS
                      11. Quincy
                      12. S&T
                      13. Maryville
                      14. McKendree
                      15. WJ
                      Predictions look pretty good. I like Indy to edge out Lewis for second in the East. Not much doubt that BU, Indy and Lewis are the best teams in the league. I expect Indy to give Bellarmine a real run for their money. Indy has a bunch of talent and are going to be fun to watch. Based on last year and returning talent, I have to give the edge to Truman over Drury in the West, but I can't say I really know much about how good Drury will be this year. Because of their tradition and coaching, I just assume they will be good. Rockhurst could challenge for that division. Since we have a new poster supporting Mckendree, I am picking them in the god-awful Central

Comment

Originally posted by Rgerling View Post
                        2.5 scholarships is incorrect,building built in 70's is correct,but probably bigger than most middle school facilities that I know about. That "old " coach you comment about must of been the real deal!!!
                        I'm not knocking your facility, but obviously you have not seen many Middle School gyms in Kentucky and Indiana. When the county Grade Schools in Kentucky merged to form Middle Schools, most school systems built new gymnasiums.

Comment

Your probably right on that,here in Illinois that hasn't happened lately,new schools especially here in southern Illinois hasn't been happening.On the flip-side,Mckendree may catch some teams by surprise this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                            Predictions look pretty good. I like Indy to edge out Lewis for second in the East. Not much doubt that BU, Indy and Lewis are the best teams in the league. I expect Indy to give Bellarmine a real run for their money. Indy has a bunch of talent and are going to be fun to watch. Based on last year and returning talent, I have to give the edge to Truman over Drury in the West, but I can't say I really know much about how good Drury will be this year. Because of their tradition and coaching, I just assume they will be good. Rockhurst could challenge for that division. Since we have a new poster supporting Mckendree, I am picking them in the god-awful Central
                            I struggled over who is better Lewis or Indy. I was definitely going with Indy until McCullum transferred to Lewis. He should more than make up for the loss of Simelton who is the only player of consequence that Lewis does not have coming back from last year's team. Meanwhile, Indy has everyone coming back from the team that finished last year. In fact, I think the team is pretty young still this year. That's why I think Lewis has a slight edge. I do think Indy with their style of play is more likely to beat BU than any other team in the conference but not enough so to put them in front of Lewis. Anyway, I think Lewis and Indy are top 25 teams in the country.

As far as Truman over Drury, I went with Drury, not so much for what they have coming back but for their coach and the feeling that he will put some quality players on the court. Truman was good last year but they lost quite a bit. They are well coached as well but just think Hesser is too good.

As for McKendree, I, too, am glad to see a new poster supporting them. I just think the Central is so bad that any of the 5 could end up winning it. UMSL is traditionally a team with talent who just plays mediocre so I just thought that was enough. Quincy lost everyone from a very good team so I think it will take them a year or 2 to get competitive. I am not sure I saw anything that would make me think McKendree will improve but for our new poster I hope they do.

Comment

3 starters returning,Michael,Gerling,Blanks, (yes I may seem biased),and several nice looking new recruits!Mcendree is about due to adjust to division 2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X