Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was unimpressed with the Panthers win over Harris Stowe the other night. I understand this is a team full of newcomers but this was an NAIA team Drury struggled with.

I do think Hesser is still the best floor coach in the league and will have the Panthers competitive in the post season.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Molly is showing no signs of let up,
        Out recruiting D1s for her 2020-2021 recruiting class.

Comment

• Even though this was an exhibition, this was one of the most embarrassing losses in Panther history as they lose to D3 Blackburn....Wow!!!
          Blackburn hit 11 three pointers in the second half. Drury allows a player to score 33 points in the second half.

Comment

• Losing to a team that offers no scholarships is about as bad as it gets.

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
            Even though this was an exhibition, this was one of the most embarrassing losses in Panther history as they lose to D3 Blackburn....Wow!!!
            Blackburn hit 11 three pointers in the second half. Drury allows a player to score 33 points in the second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
              Losing to a team that offers no scholarships is about as bad as it gets.

Not sure WoD could pull off a loss that bad. Blackburn only has 500 students. Most players are direct descendants of Ceelo Whitgie , 0-3 next game vs St. Louis Pharmacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post

Not sure WoD could pull off a loss that bad. Blackburn only has 500 students. Most players are direct descendants of Ceelo Whitgie , 0-3 next game vs St. Louis Pharmacy.

Comment

• Impressive win by the Panthers against an undefeated Rogers State team that lost to Oklahoma State by only 12.
                  This is beginning to be an interesting season as there appears to be a ton of upside to this team.

Comment

• Comment

• Looking at the box score, it appears that the DU starters carried the freight last night. Is that how this season has looked so far, or was it just an off night for the bench?

Comment

• Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

Looking at the box score, it appears that the DU starters carried the freight last night. Is that how this season has looked so far, or was it just an off night for the bench?
                        That's the way it's been for the most part. Cal Hartley and Conley Garrison are both averaging 15+ from the guard spots and bigs Brandon Emmert and Asa Hutchison are each in the 10-12 pt range. That's 50+ points a game, so that's the majority of the scoring.

The one consistent scorer off the bench has been freshman Malek Davis. He's averaging 9 pts in his 20 min per game, although he only got 4 last night. There's a couple more on the bench that I think the team though might contribute more, but they're newcomers and they haven't found their stride yet. I'd look for at least one of them to put in a double figure game here and there as the season goes along.

Comment

• Drury's guards look like choir boys but they are capable of getting their shot and scoring in bunches.. The Panther big men are strong and look to me like they could be big scorers as they gain a little more experience. Drury might have some rough stretches but have shown they have the talent to win big games.

SBU has enough size and skill players to pull off a big win at some point this season. They are also well coached. He reminds me of Mark Cuban in looks and the fact the whole arena knows he is talking to the refs 90 percent of the game.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers certainly have an advantage at point guard in the person of Daejah Bernard. I have never seen her have to give up the ball when facing an opponent's full court press.

During the National Semifinals last season, a CBS announcer proclaimed Bernard was the quickest women's player - D1 or D2 she had seen in person all season. I was at the Missouri State / Wichita State game Wednesday night and saw no one as quick.

As a case in point, she led all of D2 in steals last season and was in the top 5 in assists.

Drury will certainly have a different look next season with the two very quick All Americans having graduated, and the addition of a versatile, highly recruited, 6' 3" former D1 commit. I just hope their lack of size and inconsistent outside shooting doesn't come back to haunt them this season.

Comment

• The following is an example of my topic in the above post.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1204147356851212288

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X