Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drury Panthers

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
    Again its fine if you want to blame the officials for the foul discrepancy which wasn't as large as the free throw discrepancy, but if you re watch the game, you will find many many missed foul calls that went against AU. It's all part of the game. Drury is lucky half their team didn't foul out in the 4th quarter.
    Like I said whether they were right or wrong that discrepancy decided the game. 2 free throws

Comment

Originally posted by DUFan View Post
      what says it all is the photo the Springfield News Leader printed in this mornings addition of the shot showing no hand within a foot of the shooter and no body within 3 feet of the shooter.
      I linked to the photo below. The shooter still was in the upward process of shooting. There may have eventually been no contact (or maybe there was), but that photo alone is too early in the shot.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/375...screenshot.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
        I linked to the photo below. The shooter still was in the upward process of shooting. There may have eventually been no contact (or maybe there was), but that photo alone is too early in the shot.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/375...screenshot.JPG
        You can go back and watch the play here. The Drury defender clearly tips the ball and then hits the AU shooter on the elbow on the way down. The picture above is after the foul. The official was standing right there.

https://www.ashland.edu/cas/jdm-depa...home/streaming

Comment

It's a shame that Drury shot 2 free throws all game and it came down to 4 free throws at the end For the opposition

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
            Like I said whether they were right or wrong that discrepancy decided the game. 2 free throws
            Believe me I sympathize with the refs interfering in the outcome of the game. I am not sure about the foul but the technical really seems ridiculous in that situation. Besides the referee's feelings, what gets hurt by the coach showing displeasure at an iffy call? Certainly not a proper call at the end of the game unless the coach pulled a Bobby Knight and threw a chair. I would take note that the article says Drury had 26 turnovers. That is a lot and I suspect that might have been the major cause for the loss (although it is circumstantial evidence that AU does play some aggressive defense that might not gotten as many fouls called as should have been.)

Comment

Both teams had 26 turnovers

Comment

My judgment: Not a foul. Technical is silly at that point, and there is simply no way that the lovely Drury coach could do anything to warrant a technical, she is just too darn cute. Chances are Drury still losses the game, however. BTW, how could you not vote for the Drury coach as coach of the year? I have some suspicions that may explain it, but they are not fit for public consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                  My judgment: Not a foul. Technical is silly at that point, and there is simply no way that the lovely Drury coach could do anything to warrant a technical, she is just too darn cute. Chances are Drury still losses the game, however. BTW, how could you not vote for the Drury coach as coach of the year? I have some suspicions that may explain it, but they are not fit for public consumption.
                  What you are thinking might be one part of it and the other possibility is she plays the same way no matter what the score is. There could be some coaches that have been smoked by 30-50 that think she was just running up the score. It is how Drury played when she was a player. It is how she coaches now.

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
                    You can go back and watch the play here. The Drury defender clearly tips the ball and then hits the AU shooter on the elbow on the way down. The picture above is after the foul. The official was standing right there.

https://www.ashland.edu/cas/jdm-depa...home/streaming
                    Amazing how Drury fans refuse to look at video. Refuse to acknowledge the fouls margin was actually 8. Refuse to care that they (Drury) outscored their previous opponent by the exact same margin at the foul line and were outscored from the field in the semifinal.

Comment

• Re: Drury Panthers

Originally posted by GMAC2018 View Post
                      Amazing how Drury fans refuse to look at video. Refuse to acknowledge the fouls margin was actually 8. Refuse to care that they (Drury) outscored their previous opponent by the exact same margin at the foul line and were outscored from the field in the semifinal.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC2018 View Post
                        The stats were basically even in every category except one: 22-2 free throw attempts. Ashland shot twice as many free throws in the last 15 seconds than Drury did the whole game!
                        There may not have been bad intent by the refs, but to say they didn't affect the outcome of this game is avoiding the facts.

Comment

You're right, the fewest FT's an opponent shot against AU this year was 7. However, they do seem pretty adept at not fouling, as they held teams to 10 or fewer FT attempts in a game 11 times this season.

Drury shot as few as 6 FT attempted in a game this season (prior to AU game). They attempted 10 or fewer FTs in a game nine times (but only twice since January 21).

Comment

You're right, the fewest FT's an opponent shot against AU this year was 7. However, they do seem pretty adept at not fouling, as they held teams to 10 or fewer FT attempts in a game 11 times this season.

Drury shot as few as 6 FT attempted in a game this season (prior to AU game). They attempted 10 or fewer FTs in a game nine times (but only twice since January 21).
                            Big difference between 10 and 2.

This year, Drury averaged taking 21.3 FT attempts per game and Ashland averaged giving up 16.4 FT attempts per game to their opponents.

Comment

Even though you avoid some other points you now admit the call on the field goal attempt might have been correct. Progress here. The technical? No basis for that and a bad call.

Comment

I'm just curious since you looked up game by game stats, how many of those games were on Ashlands home floor?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X