Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No surprise. Katie Scott, the most decorated recruit ever for the Lady Panthers, has followed Miller to Grand Canyon University. The Newsleader said Drury "Graciously* let Scott out of her NLI. Drury will still be good and obviously
    the main hope is an uninterrupted upcoming season.
    Last edited by crazznewt; 04-25-2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Drury's recruting class (all incoming freshmen):

https://drurypanthers.com/news/2020/...-brothers.aspx

https://drurypanthers.com/news/2020/...ebanon-mo.aspx

https://drurypanthers.com/news/2020/...ing-class.aspx

https://drurypanthers.com/news/2020/...pius-x-hs.aspx

In addition to these 4, they've also signed 6'5" guard Myles Samuels out of DME Academy in Florida. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xd8HfWdx_g

Comment

• Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
        Panther, are there any defections off of last season's team?

Comment

• Looks like a good class. Basketball may be near normal next season. Football I have doubts. I look at the numbers everyday Missouri covid rates are not dropping so social distancing still looks appropriate. However places need to open back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
            Looks like a good class. Basketball may be near normal next season. Football I have doubts. I look at the numbers everyday Missouri covid rates are not dropping so social distancing still looks appropriate. However places need to open back up.
            Don't worry, completely trustworthy Bill Gates has been working on the answer to this pandemic before there ever was one! He has had a DECADES long plan of universal vaccination and identification. Follow the money.

Comment

• I was reminiscing of my favorite Drury's old Weiser Gym experiences. These are my top five personal favorites:
              5. Watching Drury beat Scottie Pippen and his Central Arkansas team.
              4. Watching Terry Cummings and his Athletes in Action team beat Drury.
              3.Watching Drury beat Dennis Rodman and his Southeast Oklahoma team in a scrimmage.
              2. Me making a full court hook shot while messing around with friends.
              1. And on the same day, I attempted to make a shot on the West goal with a tennis ball from the top of the East side of the arena. My shot veered to the North, hit the handrail on the West bleachers, and ricocheted into the crotch of a huge Russian swimmer who was wearing only a speedo and was just leaving the old fitness room headed to the old pool. He fell over while screaming "A**hole!" at the top of his lungs. I yelled "Sorry" and we exited before the poor guy recovered. He must have deserved it though.

Comment

• Comment

• The Lady Panthers lost a lot from last season in 4 extraordinary athletes including 2 All Americans. They also lost the head coach and an assistant.
                  They do return a lot of experience including a potential All American and have added 2 D1 transfers including a former Third Team All Sun Belt pick and they have 2 high caliber coaches. It should be another great season. Hopefully
                  Last edited by crazznewt; 07-08-2020, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Hesser and company have a great nucleus returning that finished last season on a tear. If history repeats, this will be a banner season (hopefully). One thing for sure, the athleticism of the newcomers and the returners should make this an exciting team to watch.

Comment

• Coach Eagan is having success competing with mid majors for recruits. The latest verbal commit will be a HS senior this coming year. There is a video of her dunking a tennis ball on her Twitter page which is pretty athletic for a 5'11" girl.

It looks like the Drury Men's roster is completed for the upcoming season.

Comment

• Wow. Coach Eagan seems to be winning some recruiting wars for 2021 as Ozark's Anna Hitt has committed. This girl is another fantastic skilled athlete who likes to run. I dont see anyone on the current roster or the girls for the next year slowing the pace the Lady Panthers like to play at.

Comment

• Coach Hesser's team was honored with a Team Academic Excellence Award from the National Basketball Coaches Association. The Panther's team GPA was 3.56 which led all of GLVC Men's Basketball.

Comment

• Coaches Eagan and Roller are filling up the 2021-2022 roster with highly recruited athletes. The latest commit is Katie Gilbert, an All State guard from Mountain Home Arkansas. Gilbert, a 5-10 junior, was named to the Class 5A "Top Five" in the state.
                            Eagan has recruited some athletic guards who can shoot with range. Max Prep video shows Gilbert has a really high arc on her shot.
                            Meanwhile in Phoenix, Coach Miller is continuing her aggressive recruiting by currently competing with the likes of Louisville.

Comment

• Senior Cal Hartley is the number 2 "catch and shoot" D2 player in the country at 50.7% according to Synergy Sports. The Panthers will be loaded at the guard spot as they also return the top guard in the conference in Conley Garrison and Malek Davis who was on the conference all freshman team.
                              With these three and the returning big men including explosive forward AJ White, Drury could make a deep run if there is a post season.

A new video shows 2021 Lady Panther recruit Hailey Mitchell dunking what they say is a volleyball. I dont think it is a volleyball but it's close. Still impressive for a 5'11" girl. She says she has a goal of eventually dunking a basketball.

Comment

• Verbal Commits shows Drury picked up Victor Nwagbaraocha, a 6'3" guard. A google search revealed he was a double figure scorer in JUCO despite being known as a defender. On Victor's twitter page he is shown throwing down a highlight reel worthy tomahawk dunk after going between his legs with the ball in mid air.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X