Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both of Drury's BB teams have lost a high profile recruit. The men did add the recruit mentioned above who had D1 offers and looks like he is the most athletic player on the team.
    This covid will have an effect on rosters. If one had the option of redshirting, this would be the year to do it.

Comment

• Molly Miller is building something special at Grand Canyon. She is pulling off more recruiting coups, including 2021's highest ranked player in Missouri.

Comment

• If social distancing is required this season, I think Drury's teams will have the most to lose because the home court advantage at Oreilly is second to none in the league. USI drew only slightly more than Drury last season but has more room to spread people out.

Drury normally releases their schedule earlier than most other schools but that is not the case this season as they have not posted it yet. The apparent deleting of the non conference games is going to throw a kink into some scheduling agreements.

Truman has their schedule up. I bet their coaches aren't happy about their only game with Drury is in Springfield again. I'm curious if Drury will have to play USI in Evansville again.
        Last edited by crazznewt; 09-17-2020, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Southwest Baptist has lost their play by play announcer of the past few years as Nate Lucas was fired by the "Jock FM" the carrier of the Bearcat's basketball and football broadcasts. To be blunt, he was he was not good PR for the school.
          This guy rivaled the Bellarmine play by play guy as the most annoying in the league. I would rather listen to student announcers than these guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
            Drury normally releases their schedule earlier than most other schools but that is not the case this season as they have not posted it yet. The apparent deleting of the non conference games is going to throw a kink into some scheduling agreements.

Truman has their schedule up. I bet their coaches aren't happy about their only game with Drury is in Springfield again. I'm curious if Drury will have to play USI in Evansville again.
            GLVC has had this online for a long while now, and I imagine that all GLVC schools can use this as their "final schedule".

https://glvcsports.com/documents/202..._D.doc?id=3436

Comment

• Apparently that is not a finalized schedule as the conference's Council of Presidents will meet on Oct. 6 to review recommendations from the GLVC'S athletic directors made earlier this week concerning basketball schedules.

Comment

• Coach Eagan is recruiting some big time athletes for next year. Her latest is Savanna Collins, a First Team JUCO All American as a freshman last season. She has more tattoos than the NBA'S "Birdman" and is an incredible athlete.
                Unless Eagan does some coach of the year type coaching, Lady Panther fans may have to get used to some losses this year because this team is MUCH less athletic than last year's.
                This will be year two of at least three asterisk seasons due to covid adjustments. God have Mercy.

Comment

• This weekend is crazy. Halloween, blue moon, time change, Evangel University Women's Basketball sold out of all available tickets and all just before the election.

Comment

• Comment

• Drury is absolutely loaded at guard starting with POY candidate Conley Garrison. They have one of the best shooters in the league in Cal Hartley and another very good all around guard in Malek Davis. They have added a 6'3 transfer who looks like he could be one of Drury's best athletes.
                      The big guys are strong and athletic and appeared to just need more reps last season. I think they will be good this year.
                      They have a couple of super athletic sophmore forwards I am excited to see play this year in AJ White and Jason Montgomery plus a potent freshman class coming in.
                      Drury proved they could play with anyone in the league at the end of last season, it should be fun.
                      I'm curious if the games will still be streamed for free. I know the MIAA charges for their streaming service.

Comment

• Amy Eagan has continued her success recruiting against D1 programs. The latest is Hailey Tunnell, a 5'10 guard from Springdale, Arkansas. A google search revealed that her first D1 offer was received in her sophomore year. She looks like another athletic shooter.
                        We've heard it said: "To win at the D2 level, you have to have D1 players".

Comment

• While the Drury Men are in a Covid timeout, the Women win big against UMSL. The Lady Panthers are not a big team and not having their best inside player in Emily Parker who's out with Covid, makes them even smaller.
                          Paige Robinson didnt have her best game and still put up 18/10/5. She's got All American potential and has to be a big scorer for this team. They will be tested Sunday at Lindenwood.
                          Meanwhile, Molly Miller got her first win for Grand Canyon in record breaking fashion as her team broke 2 GC D1 scoring records. The 'Lopes forced 27 Weber State turnovers on the way to a 21 point victory. This broke a 4 game losing streak all from last season.
                          Looks like both Southwest Baptist squads are quarantined also.
                          Praying these vaccines are safe and effective.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers pick up a big win at Lindenwood today as Coach Falco's teams usually challenge Drury better than most other teams. Drury was short handed underneath and Lindenwood capitalized as the Ruzevich kid put up 20 points and 10 rebounds in the first half. Drury led by 5 in the middle of the third quarter then inexplicably, Lindenwood just fell apart the rest of the game as the Lady Panthers outscored the Lady Lions 33 to 6 in the 4th.
                            Paige Robinson showed why she is on All Amercan watch by scoring 37 points on 12 of 19 and 6 of 8 from 3. She often plays point at 5'10, has deep range with a quick shot, has a good first step and is a good finisher at the rim. If she can find consistency, the sky is the limit.

Comment

• Covid has erased the annual big time small college atmosphere between Drury and SBU scheduled for tomorrow night. Both men's teams are in covid timeout, but the women are playing at 6:05.
                              The women's games in this series are usually well contested, but the Lady Panthers completely dominated last year's games.The Lady Bearcats have apparently added some good players and are the biggest team in the GLVC. They also will not have to face what is usually the best game atmosphere in the league when they take the floor tomorrow at the "O".
                              Hopefully it will be a good game this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                                They also will not have to face what is usually the best game atmosphere in the league when they take the floor tomorrow at the "O".
                                I believe we are going to see many teams pick up huge road wins this year for that exact reason and also because on any given night, a team could have any number of players quarantined. Every game will have some type of asterisk next to it, unfortunately.

USI felt this impact on game 1 with two starters out and an empty huge stadium with no energy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X