Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have always watched the Drury games I could not attend on my computer or tablet. I realize I am behind the times, but I have recently discovered Roku and it has dramatically improved my game viewing experience!
    I bought the little USB plug and downloaded the GLVCSN app and am getting ready to watch the Drury game on the big screen.

Comment

• William Jewell is trending the wrong way as the last two games at the Mabee center against the Lady Panthers has resulted in a POS video feed.
      The game wasnt the best played either as each team turned the ball over a lot and Drury missed a ton of opportunities at the line. Drury did manage to win by 23 and Paige Robinson won the matchup of two of the best players in the league against Jewell's Kierra Bradley.

Comment

• Hot shooting by the Lady Rockhurst Hawks and poor shooting by the Lady Panthers led to a close game for Drury's 57th GLVC win in a row. The previous two seasons, the Lady Panthers would use their athleticism to offset a bad game. This game they just out fought the Lady Hawks for the 12 point win.

The Lady Hawks have continued to show recent improvement by beating a full squad DI UMKC team earlier this week, then UMKC turned around and beat SIUE today.

Drury Men are practicing again, hopefully, the rust wont cost them much.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post

Drury Men are practicing again, hopefully, the rust wont cost them much.
          I wouldn't count on it. They've practiced like 8 times in the last month. The odds of playing good basketball after all of this is slim.

Plus, they've got 2 starters and 2 others out with injury. I think they're suiting up 9 against S&T tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUPanther View Post

I wouldn't count on it. They've practiced like 8 times in the last month. The odds of playing good basketball after all of this is slim.

Plus, they've got 2 starters and 2 others out with injury. I think they're suiting up 9 against S&T tonight.
            Drury played well all things considered. Once things are back to normal they will be tough.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers won their 72nd regular season game in a row putting up 97 points against S and T. Paige Robinson put up 24 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals and a block.
              The losses will come at some point. Until then, the girls are on a heck of a ride.

Comment

• Congratulations to the Panthers as they defeated 4 win Lindenwood for their first win of the season. Garrison with 26 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists. The determination from this team that's coming out of Covid timeout is worth mentioning!

Comment

• Conley Garrison is the GLVC Men's Player of the Week and Paige Robinson is the GLVC Women's Player of the Week after big games last week.

Comment

• Molly Miller's Grand Canyon team is off to a 7-1 start with only a one point loss on the road to Southern Utah. Former Lady Panther signee Katie Scott is off to a great start for the 'Lopes.

Comment

• Comment

• Man, the Panthers showed their athleticism in that game. They need to get everyone back in uniform and up to game speed soon though.
                        Robinson repeats as player of week for the GLVC women and Sophomore Jason Montgomery wins his first POW on the men's side. These two can score from practically anywhere on the court and are fun to watch.

Comment

• This could be a costly 34 point win for the Lady Panthers as they lose starting guard Payton Richards to an injury that happened in the first half.
                          Robinson scored only 10 as the Lady Panthers scored 96 and are currently down 3 players.

Comment

• The Panthers grit one out behind 34 for Garrison. Mckendree was hitting heavily guarded threes all game and Drury could have folded several times. Ironically, Mckendree missed 3 open threes to open the door for Drury to win their third in just their fourth game of the year. Impressive win.

Comment

• Looking at the stats from last night's Drury games: Garrison with 34 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 steals.
                              For the women: Mckendree double teamed Robinson all game resulting in 6 Drury players scoring in double figures despite the early injury to one of the top guards in the conference in Peyton Richards.
                              Big games Saturday against Truman.

Comment

• Saturday will be kind of the same setup as last year with the Truman women having a good season and using this as a litmus test to see where they stand and where they need to go. Truman men having a good year, but they've never really played well in Springfield, including last year's clunker.

I'm sad these teams won't play twice in the regular season. Since TSU joined the GLVC in 2013, the Bulldogs have only had DU in Kirksville three times. Hopefully next year, with fans, DU will be scheduled to go to Kirksville because I'm sure the community would like to see Coach Eagan again after all she did for the program both as a player and coach.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X