Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday would be a good opportunity for Truman as both Drury teams are down 3 players at the moment. On top of that, the Men had a late start to the season meaning much less floor time than Truman has had.
    Drury Women have several streaks on the line:
    ---40 straight wins overall
    -- 74 straight regular season wins
    -- 57straight GLVC regular season wins
    -- 58 straight home wins
    Missing will be one of the best small college game atmospheres in the nation.
    Last edited by crazznewt; 01-07-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Lady Panthers again fall victim to the virus from hell as they are in quarantine for their next two games. Apparently earlier this season they had limited practices being down to 7 players at times. God Bless us all.

Comment

• About a half hour before game time my wife informed me our washer quit working. I went to the closest appliance store, dropped a grand, came home and supervised the installation. Turned on live stats and saw Truman had thumped Drury.
        Everything considered, I was not surprised. Surprising was the fact Garrison was shut down. Oh well, I can play with our new washer instead of watch the game now.
        As always, dont count Drury out at the end of the season!

Comment

• Man, the Virus has hit the Lady Panthers hard this season even from the beginning. They are entering yet another Covid Quarantine which would put their next game at January 30th.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers returned to the court after spending three weeks quarantined in their dorms.
            Though playing without 5 roster players, Drury beat S and T by 19.
            It was an odd sight seeing Lady Panther players tired from a lack of conditioning.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers have been impressive coming off of 2 straight quarantines, three weeks off and still missing players. Last week they won by 19 and 20 points on the road. Gone is the conditioning advantage they normally have and it shows.

They are at 76 straight regular season victories despite the extreme disruptions they have had this season. Tough games are ahead against Truman, USI and others. Hopefully they can return to form soon.

Comment

• I've been expecting this: Drury Lady Panthers down 24 to 5 to Rockhurst. Dead legs and out of sorts

Comment

• Numerous wide open shots missed by the Lady Panthers who normally use superior conditioning to offset poor shooting nights lose to Rockhurst.
                  An historic run comes to an end. They are facing a very tough stretch of games and it will not be easy from here on out.

Comment

• Oh my, Lady Panthers have two more out-possibly for the season. I guess you try to keep the season going for continuity for the following season.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                      Oh my, Lady Panthers have two more out-possibly for the season. I guess you try to keep the season going for continuity for the following season.
                      It looks like 9 of the 13 on the roster played last night, and really only one of those four who didn't play has been a significant contributor this year (Meely). Did they lose more from the game last night?

Comment

• It has been kind of a revolving door of players in and out of the lineup. Henderson has been the biggest loss as she has had health problems all season. Meely was a starter at one point and is likely out for the season according to the announcers. The other two were being counted on to be significant contributors and have been sidelined most of the season. At some point you wonder about players being behind on conditioning leading to injuries.

Several teams have been affected and have moved their senior days up to early February just in case.

Comment

• Absolutely. Thank you for the clarification! I knew Coach Eagan from her college days, so I like to keep up with how her team is doing.

Comment

• Amy has a great recruiting class coming in next season and a very good class of hopefully healthy returners also.
                            I know of one senior who is returning for an extra year and have heard rumors of possibly more.
                            The dominant years MIGHT be over for the Lady Panthers but they should be very good for a few more years at least.
                            Senior returners will give college basketball an interesting twist next season probably resulting in some dominating teams.

Comment

• Molly Miller is proving herself as a D1 head coach in the WAC. Her team is 13-3 and 4-1 in the conference. She is still a very ambitious recruiter and I predict will make some noise on the National level soon.

Comment

• Drury's last three wins have come against teams that were higher than them in the GLVC Point System.
                                Hopefully there is enough practice time left for Hesser to continue improving his team for a strong finish.
                                The Panthers lead the conference in assists and tonight assisted 23 times on 30 shots against Rock U for the 19 point win.
                                This was the beginning of three road games in five days, hundreds of miles apart and will be a challenge for Drury.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X