Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone from Drury explain the women's loss to Kentucky Wesleyan? It seems like Drury has a really good team, they have beaten some really good teams already and to lose to Kentucky Wesleyan just seems out of now where. It looks like all the main players played. Something doesn't add up.

Comment

• Originally posted by unc4life View Post
      Can someone from Drury explain the women's loss to Kentucky Wesleyan? It seems like Drury has a really good team, they have beaten some really good teams already and to lose to Kentucky Wesleyan just seems out of now where. It looks like all the main players played. Something doesn't add up.
      I'm not going to give you a scouting report. The most I'll say is that sometimes players and /or teams have to adjust their game due to uncontrollable circumstances or sit out altogether. Sometimes players suddenly don't have that same explosiveness that they are used to having and the result is not being able to finish plays. This is compounded by the number of players in that situation. This team will be fine as they make adjustments. If you have any playing experience, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Besides that, KW is a well coached team that will win 20 plus games. Coach Nieman is fun to watch as he is very analytical and will not sit. He has a heck of a gig with his wife as co-coach and daughter as a team manager. His game plan is fun to watch and he is perfecting it with each passing season.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers have recovered nicely from the Kentucky Wesleyan loss. A seven point victory at home against #18:Minnesota Duluth and a blowout victory (28 points) over a "receiving votes" Emporia State team on the road. This has to be one of the toughest non conference schedules as Drury returns home and plays another ranked team in their classic next week.

Comment

• Former Panther Conley Garrison is a double digit scorer for 3 and 1 Furman who has some impressive wins including one at Louisville.

Molly Miller's Grand Canyon team lost big to former William Jewell player Kierra Bradley's Kansas City 'Roos. Bradley and the 'Roos are both off to a great start this season.

Former Lady Panther signee Katie Scott is off to a rough start at her new school Oral Roberts.

Comment

• Pre season number 1 and current team to beat Lubbock Christian Women has wins over three ranked opponents so far this season. They also lost to unheralded Colorado State Pueblo. This scenario sounds familiar.

The Lady Panther's victory Saturday over perennial national contender Emporia State was another significant win. Emporia was 3-0 and had not lost to a non conference opponent at home since 2007. Eagan cleared the bench for the fourth quarter and Drury led by 36 points at one point. The head coach commented in his post game interview "I did not prepare us to face that kind of pressure".

The coming winter break later next month may be beneficial for the ladies.

Comment

• I was once a pro sports junkie. This is ONE example why I haven't watched pro sports in years.

https://youtu.be/NDRqUpPBceY

Comment

• Drury's Men continue to struggle. It would be easy to be negative at this point, but it wasnt that long ago Drury lost to a D3 team early and then won games later in the post season. Hopefully the annual turnover in personnel slows to a more normal rate.

The Lady Panthers earned a hard fought victory Tuesday against a good Saginaw Valley team. Drury made it hard on themselves by missing a lot of free throws and being careless after getting a big lead twice. That has happened a lot so far this season. Today they play 19th ranked Union who beat Truman State yesterday. Coach Eagan really challenged her team with the non-con schedule, this has surely prepared them for the GLVC slate.

Comment

• Big improvement in play by the Panthers. What a good move by Foster to change the starting lineup. I think once the players learn their roles they will be ok because the upside is obvious. Big game against neighboring school (1.9 miles) Evangel on Saturday.

The #3 Lady Panthers played excellent defense against #19 Union and now are 8-1. 7 of these teams were ranked or receiving votes. Three of those wins were on the opponents home floor, two were neutral court. The one point loss was to unranked Kentucky Wesleyan a regional opponent.

Paige Robinson doesn't need time to get her shot off and she can do it with range. She is an elite ball handler at 5'10 and plays excellent defense. Because a Drury player has won the national player of the year award the last three seasons, she probably won't win another. If her body cooperates, she will be an all American again.??

Comment

• Official rock bottom for Drury Men losing by 20 to NAIA Evangel.

Comment

• Someone from Drury please make a highlight reel of Paige Robinson She had the S and T coaches shaking their heads in disbelief Monday evening with her ability to complete plays while heavily guarded. From a 28 ft bomb to 10 foot floaters and layups. Most after shaking the defender or just shooting over them.
                      Her stat line: 32 points, going 9 for 14 from the field, 5 of 6 from three-point range, and made 9 of 10 free throws. She added eight rebounds and three assists while playing good defense.

Terrion Moore played 3 minutes in this game. Hopefully she is not added to the list of the walking wounded.

Amy is trying to develop a deep bench and at times the play is not good. Right now her team sits at 9-1 and plays Rockhurst on Saturday. This will be an interesting match-up since Rockhurst handed Drury one of it's two losses last season.

Comment

• The Panthers win big against Rockhurst by dominating the boards and shooting lights out from three. 6'2" Victor Nwagbarachoa with a two hand highlight reel rebound dunk was one of many highlights in this game.

The Lady Panthers avenged last season's fluke win by Rockhurst with a dominating 29 point win at O'Reilly. This game was fairly close until some Rockhurst bench players performed an over the top busch mocking of a Drury player who stumbled after contact while guarding a Hawks player. The Hawkletts did not score the last 8 plus minutes of the 2nd quarter after this happened.

Drury should rethink their ticket pricing during this covid era. $12 per seat with over a thousand empty seats each game doesn't look good.

Comment

• Lady Panther fans in my section for this morning game are buzzing about two time defending GLVC player of the week, Paige Robinson not being dressed out. She is likely not needed for this one as they are playing Harris Stowe.

The Lady Panthers are ranked number 3 in the nation in the coaches' poll. According to the Drury website, this marks the 122nd consecutive week the Lady Panthers have been ranked in the top 25, the longest streak in the nation. It is also their 60th straight week in the top 10. It's easy to be a fan of this program that does so many things right.

Comment

• Both Drury teams play home games Saturday. The number two ranked Lady Panthers play Michigan Tech, the number 1 seed in the Midwest Regional last March, and were ranked in the top 25 since the beginning of this season until a recent loss. Paige Robinson is possibly returning after missing the Harris Stowe game and a week of practice to "Rest" according to Bobby Hearn's last post game report.

The Panthers play in a rematch with Southern Nazarene after losing the first matchup by nine. This Drury team has lost some major talent in Clay Gayman and his brother Dalton. Good riddance, I'll leave it at that. As if that isn't enough, Coach Foster hasn't coached since November 29th as he deals with a "Medical issue".

Comment

• Based on what I've heard, Robinson had foot blisters leading up to the last game and could've played if needed. She should be back. Hopefully the guys keep the ship afloat.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherClaws1 View Post
                                Based on what I've heard, Robinson had foot blisters leading up to the last game and could've played if needed. She should be back. Hopefully the guys keep the ship afloat.
                                Glad to hear it was only a blister issue for Paige. The men have had to deal with a lot since March....actually, for the last year. Based on history, I'm convinced they will eventually turn this around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X