Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WKYDave View Post

It's not fair but so many times COY goes to the coach whose team preformed better than expected. If you're expected to win, it's hard to over perform. Basically they discount the recruiting aspect of coaching and only reward those who "do more with less."

Comment

• Paige Robinson wore a protective brace for the last month of the season after returning from her SHOOTING hand/wrist injury. Despite this setback, she continued to be a major problem for the opposing team. It's amazing what she accomplished despite not being able to work on her game for 2 months right in the middle of the season.

Back on senior day, over 1000 people cheered when Amy declared Paige has another season of Eligibility left.
      *Pantherclaws*, please let us know when Paige announces her decision. God Bless her either way.

Also, Kaylee DaMitz has only played 4 seasons in her career, is there a possibility she returns?

Comment

• Lady Panther Assistant Coach Jordan Mellot was named the WBCA Assistant Coach of the Year and assistant Addy Roller was named a Thirty under Thirty recipient.

This run of success is amazing as the preparation it takes to continue winning at this pace is very demanding. The whole coaching staff had to constantly adjust because of multiple injuries starting in pre-season, all the way to the last game, as starter Mia Henderson was injured early in the Lewis game and didn't play against UMSL or Grand Valley in the regional.
        Last edited by crazznewt; 03-15-2022, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Paige Robinson has entered the transfer portal. With the National Player of the Year and Academic All-American honors she received from last season, big time offers will come.

I feel we didn't see the best she could have been because of the injury she suffered back in December on a very athletic finish at the bucket, a game in which she scored 36 points. She also played the season with a painful hip injury that at last report, needed off season surgery.

Former William Jewell player Kiara Bradley started and starred at D1 Kansas City. There is no doubt Paige will do the same wherever she ends up. God Bless you Paige.

PS: Transferring to a D1 in Illinois or Indiana, or maybe Grand Canyon are my guesses.
          Last edited by crazznewt; 03-18-2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• This is in no way directed toward Paige Robinson who played her 4 years for Drury and helped the Lady Panthers stay a national power during her career.

This transfer portal has gotten out of hand.
            SBU and Truman are among those who have lost multiple good players to the portal who have not played 4 years. This will eventually drive more fans and sponsors away as there is no guarantee of any continuity on these rosters.

Covid contributed to this, as many players understandably wanted to be closer to home during this time. As is the case with many good things, entitled people are abusing the system. What is "Good" for the individual, is not always good for society.

Comment

• Molly Miller's name is being mentioned in the local media as a front runner for the Missouri State Lady Bear job. I don't see this happening, even though her name was on the short list last season for the Baylor Lady Bear job. Nyla Milleson faced unfair opposition from day one when she left Drury for her MSU stay several years ago. I don't think those in charge would hire another former Drury coach, even if she was the consensus number one candidate out there.

Also, Paige Robinson was named All American on the WBCA and D2CCA teams again.

Comment

• Looks like Coach Eagan and staff are winning some recruiting battles against D1's again. This one is another 2023 recruit from Texas. Stevi Lockhart had visits with Stephen F Austin and Oklahoma State, among others.

Drury is recruiting big, talented and athletic HS guards. Hopefully it will be a reloading season this Winter.
                Last edited by crazznewt; 04-06-2022, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• The Lady Panthers pick up a D1 transfer from Alabama Birmingham. 5'7" Caitlynn Daniels, who was recruited by several D1's out of high school, had a stellar rookie season for the Blazers:
                  -She was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman Team.
                  -She Appeared in 22 games, making 16 starts
                  - Named C-USA Freshman of the Week twice
                  - Scored 21 points vs. Southern Miss, shooting 6 of 11 from the field.

Sounds like Coach Eagan is excited about the way recruiting is progressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                    This is in no way directed toward Paige Robinson who played her 4 years for Drury and helped the Lady Panthers stay a national power during her career.

This transfer portal has gotten out of hand.
                    SBU and Truman are among those who have lost multiple good players to the portal who have not played 4 years. This will eventually drive more fans and sponsors away as there is no guarantee of any continuity on these rosters.

Covid contributed to this, as many players understandably wanted to be closer to home during this time. As is the case with many good things, entitled people are abusing the system. What is "Good" for the individual, is not always good for society.
                    This seems to be a trend. I noticed the other day that Walsh's Sha Carter is grad transferring after one of the best season's in school history, Glenville State who won the national championship is losing 8 players including two of their best who are going D1. Probably will see more of this.

Comment

• I think a lot of these players were so burned out because of the covid isolation and are seeking a fresh start. That being said, no player has to remain loyal because of the immediate eligibility upon transfer rule.

Drury's Paige Robinson had every reason to be burned out (Not saying this is her reason) after fulfilling her commitment:
                      *Her Sophomore season was cut short by Covid after her team was named the regional host. Many feel this eliminated 9 games that season.
                      *Her Junior season, like everyone else's was cut short by at least 12 games.
                      *Her senior season was cut 12 games short in mid season because of injury after starting the season in national player of the year form.
                      Despite the setbacks, she finishes as the number two All time scorer in Drury history. I hope she has a change of heart because she has more fans in Springfield than she realizes.
                      Last edited by crazznewt; 04-21-2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Wow! Lady Panther fans are in for a treat next season as the cupboard definitely is not bare. I think they need one more piece to be national contenders again. Maybe they'll announce what I'm excited about soon, as I heard second hand, but from a reliable source.

Coach Foster has 7 freshmen signed if I'm not mistaken. From what I've seen, they are all athletic shooters. I like this approach, though it likely will take time to develop.

Comment

• Congratulations to Paige Robinson on her transfer to Illinois State to play D1. 1 1/2 hours to drive home vs 5 1/2 hours will definitely make it easier on her and her family. I'm now a Redbird WBB fan also.

Comment

• Kaylee DaMitz (probably the best point guard in the league) and Terrion Moore (absolutely the best defender) are returning for their Covid season. So far, Drury will have 3 all GLVC players returning to team with a good D1 transfer, 2 outstanding freshmen, and some very athletic returners. This will be a very athletic team.

Despite playing one of the nation's strongest schedules and dealing with multiple season long injuries, Amy's team was among the nation's leaders in several categories, including:
                            *steals #2
                            *turnover margin #2
                            *turnovers forced #6
                            *Scoring margin #3
                            *scoring offense #6
                            *assists #7
                            *winning percentage #10
                            *post season ranking #8

I keep searching for updates for the Drury Men and I appreciate Verbal Commits, but often it is not accurate current information. The biggest news I've seen concerning the GLVC men is League MVP Quinn Nelson leaving the portal and staying with SBU.

Comment

• Comment

• Verbal Commits has the D1 men's transfer list at almost 1600, though that includes those that have already signed somewhere. The D2 list is on there, too, but doesn't have a total # and I'm far too lazy to count them. I don't know if there's any site that lists the WBB transfers; it would be interesting to see as well.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2022

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X