Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
    Wow, the transfer portal is already very active. It's harder to track the women's portal for the average fan, but I noticed Truman State's All American candidate Hannah Belanger has announced her intention to transfer.
    Everyone has known for two years that this was going to be her last season at Truman. Like most Truman athletes, her focus is beyond the sport she plays, so she’s looking to transfer to play one more season while starting a rigorous master’s program that is limited the number of schools that have it.

A fantastic player who will do great things in life both in basketball and beyond!

Comment

• Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

Everyone has known for two years that this was going to be her last season at Truman. Like most Truman athletes, her focus is beyond the sport she plays, so she’s looking to transfer to play one more season while starting a rigorous master’s program that is limited the number of schools that have it.

A fantastic player who will do great things in life both in basketball and beyond!
      I would hope that most division 2 athletes focus "beyond the sport they play". Drury has had high caliber players transfer to other schools for academics and forgo their last year of athletic eligibility. Lauren Holmes to the University of Arkansas, Kelsey Winfrey To Missouri, and Emily Parker to Kansas City come to mind.

Hannah certainly made her mark on this league and would be an asset to any team. I've spent a lot of time working in Port Washington, which is 10 minutes from her hometown of Grafton, which is a half hour from D1 Wisconsin Milwaukee. She will have a lot of options.

Comment

• The Drury Women lose a back and forth game to Grand Valley. This was a one possession game until the last couple minutes and Drury had to put them on the line. Terrion being in foul trouble didn't help.
        It was another great season as they finish 31-2, 24-0 vs GLVC teams and a conference championship. This group worked so hard with all the camps, golf tournaments, auctions, etc to help pay for their ride on top of being good students. They were a very entertaining team to watch.

GLVC Freshman of the Year Reese Shaaf played very well adding to the hope for a successful next season.

Comment

• Addy Miller has accepted the head coaching position at Cederville University. Does this open the door for a possible Hailey Diestlekamp return? Maybe Deja Bernard or Payton Richards?
          Hopefully no recruits follow her.

Comment

• Sources: Amy Eagan is deep in discussions to be the next head coach of the Lindenwood Women’s Basketball program.

Drury Women’s Basketball is likely to have an entirely new staff next season and there is a legitimate possibility that all four previously committed freshman follow Eagan to Lindenwood.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthersclawz1 View Post
              Sources: Amy Eagan is deep in discussions to be the next head coach of the Lindenwood Women’s Basketball program.

Drury Women’s Basketball is likely to have an entirely new staff next season and there is a legitimate possibility that all four previously committed freshman follow Eagan to Lindenwood.
              Good luck to her, she certainly can't be faulted for improving her lot. This would move her closer to her hometown also.

Comment

• The GLVC needs to take notice of the incident that happened in the NIT where a Memphis women's player punched a player from Bowling Green during the post game handshake line.
                As I mentioned before, there was a past Incident where a Drury women's player was assaulted during a league championship game. This could have been avoided if the Bellarmine coach had not obnoxiously berated the referees the whole game, flailing her arms, storming up and down the sideline, adding to the frustration that her players were already feeling.

The players will often copy behavior their coaches are exhibiting and this has the potential to turn ugly. There is one GLVC team that received three technical fouls in their semifinal loss in this year's league tournament. There were also some cheap shots by this same team: two hand shoves, elbow to the face, etc. This is a direct reflection on the coach who has a history of "unprofessional and unsportsmanlike behavior" and has been observed "exchanging verbal jabs with opposing fans and coaches" at previous coaching stops (Google it), and was even assessed a one game suspension for his actions. I'm all for giving second chances, but if the behavior doesn't change, history shows it will not end well.

Comment

• It's official! Amy Eagan is the new head women's coach at D1 Lindenwood University. The search begins for a new head coach at Drury. Melody Stewart, head coach at Lincoln Christian and former Missouri State Lady Bear, would be a good one. She was the point guard on the last final four team the Lady bears had. Jackie Stiles, the former leading scorer in NCAA history who is living in Springfield might be a good pick.

Comment

• Throwing out some guesses for possible replacements as head or assistant coach for Drury Women. Most of these are reaching, but here goes:
                    *Carly Stubblefield
                    *Jackie Stiles
                    *Melody Campbell
                    *Katie Pritchard
                    *Nyla Milleson
                    *Buck Sheel
                    *Brad Shorter
                    *Daejah Bernard
                    *Hailey Diestlekamp
                    *Katie Kirkhart
                    *Payton Richards
                    *Ted Young
                    *Tom Defebaugh
                    *Chris Carr
                    *Kris Flood
                    *Jennifer Perryman

Comment

• Congratulations to Ashland on another National Championship. A great program and I love their mission statement. Their one point win in Springfield against Drury and the resulting home court advantage in the regional was huge for them.
                      Lots of question marks for Drury, who looks to be heading into their first "rebuilding" stage in 10 years. There appears to be no continuity because of the apparent departure of the entire coaching staff (Mellot?). Maybe the next coach will bring in an under the radar, 6'7" former D-1 player to ease the transition. Hey, it happened here before!

Comment

• Congratulations to the Drury Lady Panther community on another great hire. I could not be happier as a fan after I learned more about Coach Bailey's background. A packed banquet hall full of supporters and media proves this community cares about this program that has the highest all time winning percentage in D2.

One media outlet reported that the Lady Panthers only lose graduates DaMitz and Moore off of last season's roster. **PANTHERSCLAWZ** Please let us know who the returners will be and if any recruits are still coming. (Did you notice the well over 300 views in the last week?) Said media outlet specifically reported that Findley is one returner.

My wide world of sports interests have suffered the agony of defeat for various reasons and the Lady Panthers are a breath of fresh air not only for me, but to a number of us burned out local sports fans. It would be nice to see those home attendance numbers back up to the around 1800 per game (pre pandemic).

Amy is the Latest GLVC COY to move to D1. Three conference championships, receiving the national coach of the year award and winning a regional championship are a few of the highlights for her. Overlooked and underrated IMO are the four wins against determined Lewis this season. The act of winning alone creates enemies, ask Nascar's Jeff Gordon. Those were a hard fought 87 wins in three (one pandemic shortend) seasons for Drury and Coach Eagan. Good luck to her.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                          Congratulations to the Drury Lady Panther community on another great hire. I could not be happier as a fan after I learned more about Coach Bailey's background. A packed banquet hall full of supporters and media proves this community cares about this program that has the highest all time winning percentage in D2.

One media outlet reported that the Lady Panthers only lose graduates DaMitz and Moore off of last season's roster. **PANTHERSCLAWZ** Please let us know who the returners will be and if any recruits are still coming. (Did you notice the well over 300 views in the last week?) Said media outlet specifically reported that Findley is one returner.

My wide world of sports interests have suffered the agony of defeat for various reasons and the Lady Panthers are a breath of fresh air not only for me, but to a number of us burned out local sports fans. It would be nice to see those home attendance numbers back up to the around 1800 per game (pre pandemic).

Amy is the Latest GLVC COY to move to D1. Three conference championships, receiving the national coach of the year award and winning a regional championship are a few of the highlights for her. Overlooked and underrated IMO are the four wins against determined Lewis this season. The act of winning alone creates enemies, ask Nascar's Jeff Gordon. Those were a hard fought 87 wins in three (one pandemic shortend) seasons for Drury and Coach Eagan. Good luck to her.
                          Findley is done. Henderson and Sparaco are in the portal and not returning. There is a core of seven returners: Clevenger, Daniels, Hitt, Moxness, Schaaf, Gibbons, Tunnell.

Bailey has a lot of work to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by panthersclawz1 View Post

Findley is done. Henderson and Sparaco are in the portal and not returning. There is a core of seven returners: Clevenger, Daniels, Hitt, Moxness, Schaaf, Gibbons, Tunnell.

Bailey has a lot of work to do.
                            Thanks man! She does have a lot of work to do. At the moment, I see one championship level star player on that list and 4 or 5 solid championship role players including a couple of standout athletes. Hopefully the next will a breakout season for some. Now would be a good time for the 6'4" Moxness to grow out of her potential status. I believe she will.

Man, the portal is loaded. There is a former teammate of one Lady Panther who is available who would be a good get.

Comment

• Paige Robinson was invited to an elite invitation only 3 on 3 tournament this last weekend in Houston, and from what I understand, her team won the thing. There is an ESPN highlight of her driving to the lane from the right wing, planting her right foot on the free throw line, the defender's momentum took that player to the bottom of the key while Paige was in the process of making that step back shot from the top of the key. Big. time. shot.

Good luck to her, Illinois State, and Drury as she declared for the 2023 State Farm WNBA Draft.

Comment

• A parable....Monstars vs Looney Tunes (Space Jam 1): The future of women's sports? Whoever has an ear to hear......

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X