X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUFan
    replied
    Re: Drury Panthers

Drury today received a verbal commitment from 6'7" Arkansas 7A All State Forward (and grandson of the Governor) Asa Hutchinson IV

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied

Weakest "I overheard" crap my young teenagers won't even pull. Reminds me of another poster besides Silky.

Leave a comment:

• DUPanther
    replied

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
    Bs. This is a legit discussion. You have a habit of being an instigator and we have your previous posts to prove it. Note the slam on the GLVC and Bellarmine on the USI page. There are many others.
    This guy is another Silky. BTW, didn't he say Watson was going to be fired by now?

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
    Typical Drury fans and always crying about officials not giving the opponent credit. I was at USI those years and all their fans ever do at Drury is complain about officials every time they lose. Ashland beat you so get over it and move on. USI kicked your butts one year at the PAC when I did student radio and all the Drury fans did after is cry about refs calls and no calls.
    Bs. This is a legit discussion. You have a habit of being an instigator and we have your previous posts to prove it. Note the slam on the GLVC and Bellarmine on the USI page. There are many others.
    Last edited by crazznewt; 03-15-2018, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Duluth Sleuth
    replied

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
    I'm not sure what other points I'm avoiding, but since you seem interested in the video...how about the call with 2:10 left (tie game) where one of Ashland's player drives to the middle, jumps up in the air and runs over someone - block on Drury? BTW, that was the same official that called both the foul at the end and the technical. The other official out front had a better view of it and he wasn't going to call anything.

Big stretch going from "maybe she should've gotten 2 FT" to "she got 4 FT". Also a pretty big stretch to say that making 2 at the end of the game isn't a whole lot easier when you get 4 shots at it rather than having to go 2 for 2 to put the game out of reach.
    Typical Drury fans and always crying about officials not giving the opponent credit. I was at USI those years and all their fans ever do at Drury is complain about officials every time they lose. Ashland beat you so get over it and move on. USI kicked your butts one year at the PAC when I did student radio and all the Drury fans did after is cry about refs calls and no calls.

Leave a comment:

• DUPanther
    replied

Originally posted by GMAC2018 View Post
    Even though you avoid some other points you now admit the call on the field goal attempt might have been correct. Progress here. The technical? No basis for that and a bad call.
    I'm not sure what other points I'm avoiding, but since you seem interested in the video...how about the call with 2:10 left (tie game) where one of Ashland's player drives to the middle, jumps up in the air and runs over someone - block on Drury? BTW, that was the same official that called both the foul at the end and the technical. The other official out front had a better view of it and he wasn't going to call anything.

Big stretch going from "maybe she should've gotten 2 FT" to "she got 4 FT". Also a pretty big stretch to say that making 2 at the end of the game isn't a whole lot easier when you get 4 shots at it rather than having to go 2 for 2 to put the game out of reach.

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    You're right, the fewest FT's an opponent shot against AU this year was 7. However, they do seem pretty adept at not fouling, as they held teams to 10 or fewer FT attempts in a game 11 times this season.

Drury shot as few as 6 FT attempted in a game this season (prior to AU game). They attempted 10 or fewer FTs in a game nine times (but only twice since January 21).
    I'm just curious since you looked up game by game stats, how many of those games were on Ashlands home floor?

Leave a comment:

• GMAC2018
    replied

Even though you avoid some other points you now admit the call on the field goal attempt might have been correct. Progress here. The technical? No basis for that and a bad call.

Leave a comment:

• DUPanther
    replied

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    You're right, the fewest FT's an opponent shot against AU this year was 7. However, they do seem pretty adept at not fouling, as they held teams to 10 or fewer FT attempts in a game 11 times this season.

Drury shot as few as 6 FT attempted in a game this season (prior to AU game). They attempted 10 or fewer FTs in a game nine times (but only twice since January 21).
    Big difference between 10 and 2.

This year, Drury averaged taking 21.3 FT attempts per game and Ashland averaged giving up 16.4 FT attempts per game to their opponents.

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied

Leave a comment:

• crazznewt
    replied

Amazing how Drury fans refuse to look at video. Refuse to acknowledge the fouls margin was actually 8. Refuse to care that they (Drury) outscored their previous opponent by the exact same margin at the foul line and were outscored from the field in the semifinal.
    The stats were basically even in every category except one: 22-2 free throw attempts. Ashland shot twice as many free throws in the last 15 seconds than Drury did the whole game!
    There may not have been bad intent by the refs, but to say they didn't affect the outcome of this game is avoiding the facts.

Leave a comment:

• DUPanther
    replied

Amazing how Drury fans refuse to look at video. Refuse to acknowledge the fouls margin was actually 8. Refuse to care that they (Drury) outscored their previous opponent by the exact same margin at the foul line and were outscored from the field in the semifinal.

Leave a comment:

• GMAC2018
    replied

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
    You can go back and watch the play here. The Drury defender clearly tips the ball and then hits the AU shooter on the elbow on the way down. The picture above is after the foul. The official was standing right there.

https://www.ashland.edu/cas/jdm-depa...home/streaming

Leave a comment:

• DUFan
    replied

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
    My judgment: Not a foul. Technical is silly at that point, and there is simply no way that the lovely Drury coach could do anything to warrant a technical, she is just too darn cute. Chances are Drury still losses the game, however. BTW, how could you not vote for the Drury coach as coach of the year? I have some suspicions that may explain it, but they are not fit for public consumption.
    What you are thinking might be one part of it and the other possibility is she plays the same way no matter what the score is. There could be some coaches that have been smoked by 30-50 that think she was just running up the score. It is how Drury played when she was a player. It is how she coaches now.

Leave a comment:

• Knightmoves
    replied

My judgment: Not a foul. Technical is silly at that point, and there is simply no way that the lovely Drury coach could do anything to warrant a technical, she is just too darn cute. Chances are Drury still losses the game, however. BTW, how could you not vote for the Drury coach as coach of the year? I have some suspicions that may explain it, but they are not fit for public consumption.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X