Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankings 2017-18

Poll #3 is out.
    BU holds firm at #3, Ferris stays at #5. No surprises there. But William Jewell has launched themselves into the rankings with a 9-0 record to take #20. Is this a first in their history as a D2 school? Are they the real deal this year?
    LSSU checks in at #24. Findlay has dropped out to #27 (receiving votes) and USI is getting their first look of the season with 3 votes. Can USI build some momentum following this UIndy win?

1. Northwest Missouri State 8-0 398 (14 first place votes)
    2. Queens (N.C.) 7-0 375 (1 first place vote)
    3. Bellarmine (Ky.) 7-0 370 (1 first place vote)
    4. Lincoln Memorial (Tenn.) 7-0 351
    5. Ferris State (Mich.) 10-0 340
    6. Colorado School of Mines 8-0 323
    7. West Liberty (W.Va.) 7-0 306
    8. West Texas A&M 8-0 286
    9. Wheeling Jesuit (W.Va.) 7-0 241
    10. Christian Brothers (Tenn.) 7-0 238
    11. Barry (Fla.) 6-1 236
    12. Le Moyne (N.Y.) 8-1 197
    13. UT-Permian Basin (Texas) 7-1 189
    14. UA Fort Smith (Ark.) 9-0 181
    15. Fort Lewis (Colo.) 5-1 152
    16. Northern State (S.D.) 8-1 150
    17. Dallas Baptist (Texas) 7-0 140
    18. Southern New Hampshire 8-0 124
    19. Western Oregon 7-1 91
    20. William Jewell (Mo.) 9-0 75
    21. Virginia State 6-0 65
    22. Valdosta State (Ga.) 6-1 55
    23. Texas A&M-Kingsville 8-1 39
    24. Lake Superior State (Mich.) 7-1 35
    25. West Florida 8-0 32

Others receiving votes: California Baptist 30, Findlay (Ohio) 23Southern Indiana 3, Western Washington 3, Texas A&M-Commerce 2, Arkansas Tech 1, Cal State San Marcos 1.

Dropped out: Benedict (12), California Baptist (14), Chico State (16), Carson-Newman (23), Bloomfield (24).

Records are through games of Dec. 3, 2017.

Re: Rankings 2017-18

I just noticed that Northwest Missouri State is playing Lincoln Memorial on Dec 19 in Ownesboro. Should be a good game, but why are they playing in Owensboro?

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
      I just noticed that Northwest Missouri State is playing Lincoln Memorial on Dec 19 in Ownesboro. Should be a good game, but why are they playing in Owensboro?
      Maybe mid-point between the schools? 4.5 hrs from LMU and 8.5 for NWMO. Mt. Vernon IL is true middle but maybe KWC was "best" and "cheapest" place around.

It's not a "Tournament game" as KWC play a GMAC game in afternoon.

Comment

That is...peculiar...

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
          Maybe mid-point between the schools? 4.5 hrs from LMU and 8.5 for NWMO. Mt. Vernon IL is true middle but maybe KWC was "best" and "cheapest" place around.

It's not a "Tournament game" as KWC play a GMAC game in afternoon.
          That is what caught my eye. It appears that the game has no affiliation with KWC. It is especially odd because NWMSt has excellent attendance and the game would have been sold out on their court. LM attendance is not as good, but they play in a beautiful facility. This game will be attended by 100 people in Owensboro and will cost the two schools a fair amount of money to play. I must be missing something.

Comment

NWMSt. beat up on a very good Lincoln Memorial team last night, even though Justin Pitts was only 4 for 18 from the field. Lincoln made 17 turnovers and gave up 9 offensive rebounds, and lost even though they shot a much higher percentage than NWMSt. The Bearcats may be primed for an undefeated national championship season.

Comment

Lincoln Memorial wasn't that impressive at all. They are loaded with outstanding athletes but that's all they have. Offense was entirely based on being stronger and faster, not better. Meanwhile NW was all about precision. Very much reminded me of watching Bellarmine play. Not the same offense but the same kind of teamwork and precice passing, etc. I could tell after the first 5 minutes who was going to win the game.

Comment

As an FYI, the game was played in Owensboro due to not reaching an agreement on who would host this year for a home and home series. Both schools wanted to host this year and then travel next year. They could not reach an agreement so settled on a neutral site.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                  Lincoln Memorial wasn't that impressive at all. They are loaded with outstanding athletes but that's all they have. Offense was entirely based on being stronger and faster, not better. Meanwhile NW was all about precision. Very much reminded me of watching Bellarmine play. Not the same offense but the same kind of teamwork and precice passing, etc. I could tell after the first 5 minutes who was going to win the game.
                  I think LMU's coach basically agreed that they did not play a very good game and were undisciplined. Lincoln may be undisciplined on offense but believe me, their athleticism and length make them a formidable defensive team.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                    I think LMU's coach basically agreed that they did not play a very good game and were undisciplined. Lincoln may be undisciplined on offense but believe me, their athleticism and length make them a formidable defensive team.
                    Oh, I'm sure that's true, but as shown yesterday when they're playing against a team like NW Mo. or Bellarmine they're going to get carved up because athleticism alone can't overcome that kind of precision. It's entirely possible NW played their absolute best, and LMU played their absolute worst, but just based on what I saw I would expect NW to beat them probably 8 out of 10 times.

Comment

USI loses again against ROCKHURST!!! Lol!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X