Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GVSU Basketball

Don't know how much longer GVSU is going to sit around and be okay with Ric Wesley's teams dwelling around the 8 seed in the GLIAC tournament. It's been a while since the men's team has competed for GLIAC titles and they're falling behind a lot. Ferris, Tech, SVSU, LSSU, Wayne seem to be separating themselves and GVSU hasn't seemed to find any way to catch up.

I'm thinking it's time to change up coaching. It's been a while, Wesley's had his time and the last 6 years or so have been so so and it doesn't seem like improvement is happening.

Comment

Re: GVSU Basketball

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
      Don't know how much longer GVSU is going to sit around and be okay with Ric Wesley's teams dwelling around the 8 seed in the GLIAC tournament. It's been a while since the men's team has competed for GLIAC titles and they're falling behind a lot. Ferris, Tech, SVSU, LSSU, Wayne seem to be separating themselves and GVSU hasn't seemed to find any way to catch up.

I'm thinking it's time to change up coaching. It's been a while, Wesley's had his time and the last 6 years or so have been so so and it doesn't seem like improvement is happening.

GVSU is perfect example of incompetent leadership. They have waited too long to do the obvious. This program should dominate and not be a rebuilding project. IBC.

Comment

It does seem like a one time D2 power has become completely irrelevant.

Comment

No kidding. Sitting in a recruiting hot bed like Grand Rapids too. He has the ability to recruit some really talented players and it seems to me that all the players he is getting cannot shoot, have trouble finishing, can't compete down low. It's getting old watching it too. I go to the women's game and leave typically.

Originally posted by Short Haircut View Post
          GVSU is perfect example of incompetent leadership. They have waited too long to do the obvious. This program should dominate and not be a rebuilding project. IBC.
          How long has he been at GV? It's been plenty of time to get back to competing the the GLIAC and national level. I guess he's content with just shooting for those 7 and 8 seeds in the GLIAC tournament. Way to shoot high. Maybe scheduling teams like Grace Bible College every year isn't the greatest strategy either.

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
          It does seem like a one time D2 power has become completely irrelevant.
          The team is completely irrelevant. No doubt. It's terribly hard to even watch the game. It almost seems like no offensive sets, defense lacking help/rotation. IMHO I think it's time to maybe start searching for different leadership for the men's basketball program at GV.

Comment

This sounds eerily close to what USI is experiencing. Just making the NCAA tournament is enough, don't shoot any higher than that.

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
            No kidding. Sitting in a recruiting hot bed like Grand Rapids too. He has the ability to recruit some really talented players and it seems to me that all the players he is getting cannot shoot, have trouble finishing, can't compete down low. It's getting old watching it too. I go to the women's game and leave typically.

How long has he been at GV? It's been plenty of time to get back to competing the the GLIAC and national level. I guess he's content with just shooting for those 7 and 8 seeds in the GLIAC tournament. Way to shoot high. Maybe scheduling teams like Grace Bible College every year isn't the greatest strategy either.

The team is completely irrelevant. No doubt. It's terribly hard to even watch the game. It almost seems like no offensive sets, defense lacking help/rotation. IMHO I think it's time to maybe start searching for different leadership for the men's basketball program at GV.

Comment

A coaching change helped the women's team big time. They struggled during Burgess' last few years including two years that they didn't make the GLIAC tournament. They bring in Williams from Davenport and they suddenly turn into a team that can finish in the top 3-4 of the GLIAC, compete with the top dogs, and make the NCAA tournament (which they have done in both of his first two seasons and are likely to get in this year). The lady Lakers should be good for at least the next two years as they only have three upperclassmen (two seniors and a junior) on the roster and most of their large sophomore class contributing.

Comment

USI loses again against ROCKHURST!!! Lol!!

Comment

I will bring this post back because once again, it is the same deal! They're happy with a .500 record overall and in conference (probably going to finish sub-.500 overall and in conference most likely) and just barely hanging on to the 7 seed.

Call me crazy, but I feel like they should have sooo much more success than this. It's frustrating seeing Ferris succeed like they are and knowing that there is no reason GVSU shouldn't be at the top of the GLIAC either.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X