Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashland - GVSU Women's Basketball

The Lady Lakers gave Ashland everything they could handle last night in Allendale. Took the #1 team in the nation with a 61 game win streak to OT. Lost it in OT though. Had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter. Some poor free throw shooting down the stretch and an injury to one of our stud seniors dealt a tough hand to win with.

I've been saying it for a while now, but I see GVSU as the only team that can match Ashland and possibly take them out. The defense was there. I mean, Ashland still scored 90-some points (held under their average of 106 points I believe).

Offensively, the Lakers hit shots for most of the game and just had some issues for the last 10 minutes of the game (last 5 of the 4th quarter and the OT period.

I'm hoping the Lakers get another shot at Ashland. They were right there and can definitely knock off the Eagles.

Re: Ashland - GVSU Women's Basketball

It was a great game! Grandvalley is always going to be tough because of the defense they play, and when they shoot like they did last night they are even better. GV was 48% from behind the arc last night, compared to their average 34%. Should be interesting, could possibley play 2 more times this year, in the GLIAC and Regional Championships. I'm sure Michigan Tech will have something to say about that though.

Comment

Re: Ashland - GVSU Women's Basketball

USI loses again against ROCKHURST!!! Lol!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X