Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC basketball poll released

Here it is! The GLVC basketball preseason poll.
    http://glvcsports.com/news/2016/10/2...027161924.aspx

Re: GLVC basketball poll released

Bellarmine and Quincy the favorites according to the poll, both very good teams. The East looks loaded with at least five teams possibly in the hunt for the NCAA Tournament. Quincy and Drury are the only two in the West really a threat.

Comment

Comment

Think they are giving BU too much respect, I am afraid. BU might still win the East but I sure wouldn't have them as heavily favored as that poll.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
          Think they are giving BU too much respect, I am afraid. BU might still win the East but I sure wouldn't have them as heavily favored as that poll.
          Yeah, even putting aside these recent injury rumors, I fear our beloved Knights may take some lumps this season. Will be fun to watch, though, and I can't wait.

Comment

I thought USI was supposed to be dead last.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
              The only people who said USI would be dead last are the Herdes-ites. I believe USI is vastly underrated at fifth, and I see them finishing in the top 3. If Rajala and Dickson produce, I could see USI winning the East if the Bellarmine posters are correct with all these injuries they are saying have happened to the Knights. UWP will be good, UIndy and Lewis are very beatable.

Comment

Looks like the GLVC coaches think Bellarmine is going to run away with the East. I don't agree. I think UIndy or Lewis could win it. UW-Parkside lost too much, they are way over rated. USI is awful, can't believe they are picked over UIS and St. Joe's.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                  5th in a sub division. might as well be last. sittin at home in beautiful carbondale come tourney time. id call that dead last.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
                    The only people who said USI would be dead last are the Herdes-ites. I believe USI is vastly underrated at fifth, and I see them finishing in the top 3. If Rajala and Dickson produce, I could see USI winning the East if the Bellarmine posters are correct with all these injuries they are saying have happened to the Knights. UWP will be good, UIndy and Lewis are very beatable.
                    lebanon High school with 3 scholarships should be beatable too. HoTWoD has proved time and time again it isnt the case. rajala too soft to be any good make nick evans look like lou ferigno

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
                      Looks like the GLVC coaches think Bellarmine is going to run away with the East. I don't agree. I think UIndy or Lewis could win it. UW-Parkside lost too much, they are way over rated. USI is awful, can't believe they are picked over UIS and St. Joe's.
                      I think u underrate UWP. Granted they lost their leading scorer but that is it. Returning 4 starters and 6 of their top 8 from the regional No.1 seed plus adding some decent talent, I think they are really the team to beat. Reigel has done a really nice job in the regular season, at least. If the injury reports are true for BU, I think UWP cruises to the East title.

I actually think the coaches gave too little respect to St. Joe's this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish as high as 5th. I think they will surprise some teams. I think they pretty much nailed the West. Quincy or Drury is pretty much a toss up. They are definitely the tops of the West and probably of the whole conference.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                        I think u underrate UWP. Granted they lost their leading scorer but that is it. Returning 4 starters and 6 of their top 8 from the regional No.1 seed plus adding some decent talent, I think they are really the team to beat. Reigel has done a really nice job in the regular season, at least. If the injury reports are true for BU, I think UWP cruises to the East title.

I actually think the coaches gave too little respect to St. Joe's this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish as high as 5th. I think they will surprise some teams. I think they pretty much nailed the West. Quincy or Drury is pretty much a toss up. They are definitely the tops of the West and probably of the whole conference.
                        No, UWP was all about that guard last season. With him gone, their entire team changes. They were terrible in the regional, lucky for them they got to play KWC in the first game or they would have lost to any other team. I think Bellarmine, Lewis, UIndy in the East. I did hear one of Bellarmine's players quit, a senior no less. Is it true his dad was upset with Davenport about playing time?

Comment

I did hear one of Bellarmine's players quit, a senior no less. Is it true his dad was upset with Davenport about playing time?
                          That's the rumor going around. Not a major loss, in my opinion. I'd rather have Derksen back!

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
                            That's the rumor going around. Not a major loss, in my opinion. I'd rather have Derksen back!
                            You and your man crush for Derk! I think they proved last night that they are definitely better off without him. Great talent though and I'm afraid what he could do for KWC. I agree about the loss of Fredrick being no big deal. If a kid is going to quit over playing time in his senior season, it shows he isn't thinking about the team much.

Comment

No, UWP was all about that guard last season. With him gone, their entire team changes. They were terrible in the regional, lucky for them they got to play KWC in the first game or they would have lost to any other team. I think Bellarmine, Lewis, UIndy in the East. I did hear one of Bellarmine's players quit, a senior no less. Is it true his dad was upset with Davenport about playing time?
                              If you recall last season for UWP, they began the year minus their big time leading scorer (who xferred to D1) and they still had a great season. UWP was not a one man team last year. Look for Verhagen to pick up the scoring load.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X