X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GLVC basketball poll released

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
    You and your man crush for Derk!
    I know, right? In the words of that old blues song, "I can't quit you, baby." That said, if he has to have a bad game, I want it to occur if BU has to play KWC.

I think they proved last night that they are definitely better off without him. Great talent though and I'm afraid what he could do for KWC.
    Yep, suppose it may turn out to be an "addition by subtraction" kind of thing, although I'll come running with open arms if he wants to come back to BU.

I agree about the loss of Fredrick being no big deal. If a kid is going to quit over playing time in his senior season, it shows he isn't thinking about the team much.
    Yeah, that whole thing is bizarre.

Any of you guys going to B-town on Saturday? I'm planning on making the trek, but probably won't be able to get down there until right around tip-off.

Comment

Last year this came out on Oct 27. Not that it matters. BTW, last years coach's poll was pretty darn accurate. USI was the exception by doing better than predicted. (Sorry Watson haters).

Comment

It's out now.
        http://www.glvcsports.com/news/2017/...favorites.aspx

2017-18 Men's Basketball East Division Preseason Poll

East Team Points (1st)
        1. Bellarmine 54 (13)
        2. Indianapolis 51 (1)
        3. Lewis 49
        4. Southern Indiana 48
        5. UW-Parkside* 21 (1)

Central Team Points (1st)
        1. Maryville 56 (6)
        2. Missouri-St. Louis 53 (3)
        3. Illinois Springfield 43 (3)
        4. Quincy 42 (2)
        5. McKendree 26 (1)

West Team Points (1st)
        1. Drury 60 (7)
        2. Truman State 56 (5)
        3. Rockhurst 47 (2)
        4. Missouri S&T 29
        5. William Jewell 28 (1)
        Last edited by schnautza; 11-02-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I do not understand the new point system at all. It appears that each region was ranked 1-5 based on seeing 15 first-place votes in each region, but I do not see mathematically how they came to the point totals as reported, especially with BU scoring less than both other region's leaders. East totals 223 points, Central and West total 220 points each.

On the women's side, all three regions total 220 points.

WOMEN'S PRESEASON
          EAST
          1. Southern Indiana 54 (5)
          2. Lewis 51 (5)
          3. Bellarmine 49 (3)
          4. Indianapolis 48 (2)
          5. UW-Parkside* 18

CENTRAL
          1. Maryville 60 (6)
          2. Missouri-St. Louis 58 (8)
          3. Illinois Springfield 37
          4. McKendree 35
          5. Quincy 30 (1)

WEST
          1. Drury 66 (13)
          2. Truman State 52 (1)
          3. Rockhurst 47
          4. William Jewell 32
          5. Missouri S&T 23 (1)
          Last edited by schnautza; 11-02-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=schnautza;2121150]I do not understand the new point system at all. It appears that each region was ranked 1-5 based on seeing 15 first-place votes in each region, but I do not see mathematically how they came to the point totals as reported, especially with BU scoring less than both other region's leaders. East totals 223 points, Central and West total 220 points each.

If you don't get it, none of us math impaired people will. It makes no sense but doesn't matter. What I would like explained is the new point system that is going to be used to determine the standings in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
              I do not understand the new point system at all. It appears that each region was ranked 1-5 based on seeing 15 first-place votes in each region, but I do not see mathematically how they came to the point totals as reported, especially with BU scoring less than both other region's leaders. East totals 223 points, Central and West total 220 points each.)
              Yeah doesn't make much sense to me either. Would think it would be each coach has 15 points per division so the total should be 225 each division 15 pts times 15 coaches. B under that system BU would have 65 points just in 1st place votes and probably 8 more points from the two coaches that didn't give them the 1st place vote for 73 total. Obviously thats not how they do it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X