Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
    I agree, the honeymoon will be ending soon for McCarty and UE. Theyve already proven through the Simmons era that the fan base gives up and stops coming to games when they lose.

I know that many of you have your opinions of our new Prez, but I liked how involved he was at the two games this past week. He was clearly into it and that was good to see. Does he have the nads to take us to D1? Jury is still out.
    Last edited by SonOfMafia; 03-30-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

I am highly skeptical of any leftwing social justice warrior. Sorry if that offends anyone but facts are the facts. Show me one organization that has flourished run by the extreme left? Every city run by lefties is an absolute mess. I am all for diversity when it is defined like the word was intended to be. But diversity just to check a box and throw some stats around? Ask SIUC how that has worked for them since leftwing nut Poshard ushered that same initiative there....enrollment has plummeted.

Comment

Looks like Massey has us finishing the year at #4 with the 4th hardest SOS. Not too shabby for an unranked team.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
          I am highly skeptical of any leftwing social justice warrior. Sorry if that offends anyone but facts are the facts. Show me one organization that has flourished run by the extreme left? Every city run by lefties is an absolute mess. I am all for diversity when it is defined like the word was intended to be. But diversity just to check a box and throw some stats around?
          I hear ya and couldn't agree more. Back in the dark ages when I was at Bellarmine, the overall political "feel" was moderate, which felt conservative by comparison to most universities. But I don't like how it's headed at BU: while enrollment has dropped a bit, they seem focused on things like hiring an "Assistant to the Assistant to the Director for Diversity and Inclusion" and bending over backwards to make sure that we say things like "first-year student" (instead of "freshman") and "knight of honor" (instead of a homecoming king or queen).

Comment

https://www.courierpress.com/videos/...na/3315212002/

Tour the new Screaming Eagles Arena at the University of Southern Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post

Very nice, looks like a D1 arena to me.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post

Very nice indeed, too bad we will only get a season or two to go watch our teams play....(still think USI more likely than BU to go D1)

Comment

Did anyone attend the inauguration today? If so, how was it? How was rochon speech and what was the focus?

Comment

If BU and Indy bolt for the GMAC, that would maybe force USI's hand, but I don't see us moving to D1 within the next few years. We haven't exactly been dominating at the D2 level (with the exception of baseball and softball) on a consistent basis. That said, the arena will be a good recruiting tool though, I believe. I still think adding a football program would be a great addition. Evansville MSA has to be the largest in the US with no college football team to support. Wrestling might be good too...hell, just take Mater Dei's whole team and you'd probably win more than you lose! I don't believe anyone at USI has the cahones to make significant changes. The push is gonna have to come from the top, and the New Prez isn't gonna want to rock the boat for a few years. It is fun to talk about though.

Comment

• Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
                      If BU and Indy bolt for the GMAC, that would maybe force USI's hand, but I don't see us moving to D1 within the next few years. We haven't exactly been dominating at the D2 level (with the exception of baseball and softball) on a consistent basis. That said, the arena will be a good recruiting tool though, I believe. I still think adding a football program would be a great addition. Evansville MSA has to be the largest in the US with no college football team to support. Wrestling might be good too...hell, just take Mater Dei's whole team and you'd probably win more than you lose! I don't believe anyone at USI has the cahones to make significant changes. The push is gonna have to come from the top, and the New Prez isn't gonna want to rock the boat for a few years. It is fun to talk about though.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Figures are in...the Robama inauguration...$1.3 million...this folks...is the type of person running USI.

Some will try and say it was underwritten...look at the list of underwriters...nobody on that list absorbed much of that!

Oh, and now his wife is on the payroll as an International Ambassador...making a pretty penny!

Again folks this is who Harold Calloway forced down the search committees throat...in the 2nd straight Presidential search that was a sham!

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
                              Figures are in...the Robama inauguration...$1.3 million...this folks...is the type of person running USI.

Some will try and say it was underwritten...look at the list of underwriters...nobody on that list absorbed much of that!

Oh, and now his wife is on the payroll as an International Ambassador...making a pretty penny!

Again folks this is who Harold Calloway forced down the search committees throat...in the 2nd straight Presidential search that was a sham!
                              Where did you get the 1.3 million figure? Is there an itemized list? How much is mrs. Robama making?

Comment

• Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                                Where did you get the 1.3 million figure? Is there an itemized list? How much is mrs. Robama making?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X