Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

As I stated earlier I too now see and endorse a change. The Varsity Club has to be suffering financially and attendance was bad this year. I missed games or left early more times this year than cumulatively over the last five years. The two toughest jobs at a University is being a coach or an official we cannot control who officiates our contests, but our coaches we can and the men's basketball program is quickly losing fans and the money generating mechanism for the entire athletic program! Reassign the head coach hire a new coach and lets start rebuilding before there is nothing left to provide a footprint to build upon!

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
      No announcement will be made until girls team is finished playing.
      I can understand that. They know by now what they're going to do. It's either yes or no. The season has been over for 48 hours. I hope to god this time next week there is a new coach or no more USI basketball for me.

Comment

• Last edited by glvcpro; 03-06-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Just watched a USI VS IPFW game from 1994 on YouTube...that team knew how to run an offense...a passing clinic led by Ty Tate
          Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 03-06-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

We have players that could go good parts to a team, but we don't have difference makers. We need speed at pg guard, we need an upgrade at the 3rd guard and we need 2-3 interior players. That is asking a lot for a good recruiter. And asking the impossible from Wod.

Comment

• Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                  We have players that could go good parts to a team, but we don't have difference makers. We need speed at pg guard, we need an upgrade at the 3rd guard and we need 2-3 interior players. That is asking a lot for a good recruiter. And asking the impossible from Wod.

Comment

• Whomever was involved with giving Watson his last contract should all be let go for just flat out stupidity

Comment

The new stadium should help but will it? Can Wod and crew spot talent? That is a fair question I believe. Wod's excuse at the end of the year was the team didn't have enough guards. But yet he signed and redshirted a JUCO (Breck) who played more of a hybrid 4 and tried to convert him to guard. And never let the kid play!

Comment

• Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Look at all of those sponsors. How many you got Wodney?

They are probably laughing and talking about the big time spankin they gave good ol Wod

Comment

The # of Sponsors truly has dropped since the Pearl/Herdes time. When was the last USI game televised?

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post

Look at all of those sponsors. How many you got Wodney?

They are probably laughing and talking about the big time spankin they gave good ol Wod

Comment

• Comment

I can envision the billboard now.....The Wonderful Wizard of Wod.

Comment

Hello USI fans! wish I would have known about this forum a long time ago. A little about me before I begin my post. I graduated from USI in 1982 but have followed the eagles closely and passionately since the mid 70's. Lots of good times and how to this day I still miss the old Central Gym downtown - that place could be deafening, especially when the Screaming Eagles and KWC would hook up. I got to know Wayne Boltinghouse well and have lots of great memories of a lot of great players, fans, boosters, and administration. I made the trip to Charleston IL when the Eagles made their first appearance in the NCAA and they soundly defeated N. Kentucky. It's been quite a ride so far and have enjoyed most all of it. Really look forward to the new arena - that is going to be spectacular.

With that said, I now have to state at this point of time in the program's history it seems to have taken quite a downward trend (speaking the obvious, I know). What was once a powerhouse d-2 school has become a team that can't get a NCAA bid. Given the resources the program has this is just not acceptable. Yeah, I've been spoiled by the Eagles, and sometimes you might go through a time when your team will sputter. But my patience with those in charge has now run thin. To say this another way, it's time to cut ties with Coach Watson and find someone who can recharge the program and fan base (hard to believe how attendance and enthusiasm for the team has waned). I supported the hire of Watson, but now I think he has taken the program as far as he can go. While the Eagles prepare to begin play in their new facility now is the time to get a coach who can sell it to top recruits and get the team back to contending for national championships and just not trying to get in the tourney. My only worry is that if their is a coaching change, I hope recruits Coyle and Rausch will still come and play for the Eagles - those two are top shelf players who I would hate to lose. USI's program without a doubt would draw a lot of interest. Former standout Stan Gouard possibly in play? Anyway, glad to be on this site.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X